Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok… Say what you want about any of the other episodes ( though I think you are wrong :lol)

But can we all admit that was the best episode of any of the SW shows Disney had to offer.

I was actually in suspense.. ya know how long that has been for a SW product to do that to me… Yep ESB.

This episode had great music, great saber duels, and great villain moments.

I’m worried they will blow it but so far this is easily my fav SW show. Perfect villains, no cute little Yoda babies, no stupid casting, no dumb humor and it actually feels like SW.

Andor was great but a bit boring. Not so with this show.

What makes this show and to a lesser extent, Andor, is that it knows how important great villains are to SW. something Mando was missing and something that Fett didn’t elven try. Obi wan had Vader but the rest of the show was awful.

And Shin is such a bad ass. I don’t know if she can ever turn good because she is so good at being bad!!!

“You have no power”

IMG_0584.jpeg

I think I’m in love !!!

Ree
Reeeee
Reeeeeeeee
ReeeeeeeeeeVA!!!!
Not even close, too cool, too good at acting and too hot to ever be compared to Reva :lol

Oh man, so true. Yep enjoy Shin being cool while you can.
Wait are you trying to say Reva was ever cool???

Hell if shin goes good then at least she will sell it and not cringe her way to the good side :lol

THAT was great. (spoiler free)

I have enjoyed most of the series so far, never letting the warts bother me, or nitpick the hell out of ever little detail.....

After all the OT and defiantly the PT and ST have there share of stupidity and silliness.

That episode was the SW I wanted so badly as a young man....sitting back with my drink after a long day and being drawn in more and more as it progessed.

The cinematography and score really are some of the best of any SW material so far. I keep marveling at the shots.

The duel choreography has been unrelenting good. No "twirling baton" garbage we got in the OT....but a much more Kurasowa like fighting that made the early Japanese samurai films so tense. We have heavy lightsabers back, and the gravity associated with then once again. Which is so refreshing to watch. You can feel them reading each other and then short calculated attacks and defense. These were the battles I expected from established Jedi and Sith after OT.

The story is finally getting some meat to its bones , although I apprcoate the slow meander in which they took the first episodes. You have to make the audience at least see the characters as people before we can care what happens to them. The villains and their motives is just as intereting as the good guys struggle.

They greyness of all the characters is a refreshing change from the cackling badguy and flawless good guy of most SW stories.

Now , we can watch the last half of the show, none of which is in the trailers at all.....

Excellent Episode and the show is really getting good as it picks up steam.
I agree on all counts.. Well said!!!!

Might I say this show may have the best sound design and music out of almost any Star Wars period.
Ummmm you are not counting the OT are you??? Especially the OT score. This music has been fantastic though.
The true downfall of this show so far I think is Sabine, this episode really ****** her over and gave her some of the dumbest moments a character has had since Kenobi. Its like Starlord in Infinity War levels of stupidity coming from her character.
I like Sabine just fine.

1. The actress playing her can act
2. It’s good to see a SW character not named Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo or Darth Vader fail for a change :lol
3. Her decision with the map won me over completely
4. I don’t really know her from “Rebels” accept for the 4 or 5 episodes I watched and can’t remember.

Seeing Baylans pure strength not only physically but also in the force was badass. I also just read that Ray is 6'3", which makes sense as to how he looked so massive and imposing.

He'll look great next to the other giants in the collection of Qui-Gon and Dooku, funny all 3 of these guys probably knew each other and had similar views.

Ummmm you are not counting the OT are you??? Especially the OT score. This music has been fantastic though.

Nothing will ever beat the OT, but the music playing into every moment and fight was beautifully executed in this episode that I haven't felt since Mando season 1.
I like Sabine just fine.

1. The actress playing her can act
2. It’s good to see a SW character not named Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo or Darth Vader fail for a change :lol
3. Her decision with the map won me over completely
4. I don’t really know her from “Rebels” accept for the 4 or 5 episodes I watched and can’t remember.

I have no issue with the actress, I think she's doing a great job, if anything I feel bad, the writing for her character has been somewhat cliché and boring the entire show. I just think it was very weak of her to do what she did, I cant really think of an alternative they could've gone for other than just avoiding that scene, seems like the only reason they added it anyway is so Baylan could tell the audience more about Sabines backstory without it seeming out of place. Of course im sure Sabine being with them in the pursuit of Thrawn will play a big roll in the Rebels being able to find them, in which case makes it even worse by simplifying Sabine to a glorified Macguffin.

Nothing will ever beat the OT, but the music playing into every moment and fight was beautifully executed in this episode that I haven't felt since Mando season 1.

I have no issue with the actress, I think she's doing a great job, if anything I feel bad, the writing for her character has been somewhat cliché and boring the entire show. I just think it was very weak of her to do what she did, I cant really think of an alternative they could've gone for other than just avoiding that scene, seems like the only reason they added it anyway is so Baylan could tell the audience more about Sabines backstory without it seeming out of place. Of course im sure Sabine being with them in the pursuit of Thrawn will play a big roll in the Rebels being able to find them, in which case makes it even worse by simplifying Sabine to a glorified Macguffin.
Sabine has been the anti-Rey Skywalker

And I’m ok with that :lol

Last edited:
Okay….dang, I did like this episode. Still would like more background on Baylan, but maybe we’ll learn more eventually. He and Shin are still my favorite part of the show.

I’m the words of Crow T. Robot:
“You could drive a Mack truck through those cues. Tempo! Tempo! Pick it up!”

Not so much the plot; that’s coming around now. But I swear there is at least three seconds of dead air between lines of dialogue on the show. It worked in Andor where things happened :p , but IMO it’s a bit vacuous here. I guess I am just used to a younger and chattier Snips.

Additionally…

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah that was a pretty great episode. Loved seeing Sabine finally put on the helmet and kick some ass in her armor, with moves that looked like they were right out of Rebels. And even Huyang put up a good fight which was unexpected and fun to see.

I'm still not sure I buy Sabine's extreme obsession with finding Ezra in this show, or the decision she makes at the end as a result of it, but it did make for some pretty intense moments.

I'm still not sure I buy Sabine's extreme obsession with finding Ezra in this show, or the decision she makes at the end as a result of it, but it did make for some pretty intense moments.
If I recall correctly, she is the last of the Ghost crew to see Ezra, and she knew Ezra was up to something but she covered for him by distracting the rest. I guess she is carrying a lot of guilt because of this.

Back