Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Kurosawa...

vlcsnap-2023-09-06-08h56m45s061.jpg

Very ninja...

vlcsnap-2023-09-06-09h06m05s438.jpg

vlcsnap-2023-09-06-09h06m30s734.jpg

vlcsnap-2023-09-06-09h06m50s594.jpg

But with a face like this, who could be really mad?

vlcsnap-2023-09-06-09h09m15s394.jpg

Hopefully they can can kiss and make up later. :monkey3

I wonder why Ahsoka was only using one of her sabers here? Was the other one damaged? I'll have to rewatch.

I wonder why Ahsoka was only using one of her sabers here? Was the other one damaged? I'll have to rewatch.

She had the second one hooked on her belt.

I think it was a stylistic choice to only fight with one. First to have the Kurosawa inspired duel and kill in the forest, and then to replicate Vader versus Obi-Wan on the Death Star when she's fighting Baylan.

Like Vader in the OT, Baylan wasn't a very athletic fighter. So it was a largely traditional sword fight with the emphasis on strength over finesse. As with Vader vs. Obi-Wan, Sabine shouts, "No!" in shock like Luke when it ends.

Great episode! Ahsoka's 'spidey-sense' sucks though and I hate it when robots blink.

Good episode. Skipped all the early ship talk, but my God Ray Stevenson owns every second he appears in. His costume is so great, a mix of Clive Barker and samurai.

I didn’t appreciate the cutting between lightsaber fights when the Ahsoka/Baylan one was far greater.

I was hoping Sabine and Ashoka would die, like I wanted the hyperspace thing to be completed. Morgan is such a boring grandstander though, I hope Baylan kills her in the finale.

Sabine herself is a terrible character, making poor decisions and bad combat moves. Honestly though, Baylan’s speech was so enticing compared to how crap Ahsoka is as a trainer, I would have handed the map over too 😂😂😂

I would rather have none of these Mary Sues. Give me a show from the point of view of the Sith like the Acolyte, that sounds like it has potential.

Well Sabine isn't a Mary Sue and you're getting the Acolyte so there's content for everyone.

Spoiler Spoiler:
showing up here was more emotional for me than any scene from
Spoiler Spoiler:

Very good episode. I hope they keep up the momentum through the remaining episodes and are able to nail the landing.

I've only watched a handful of Rebels. The animation style made it hard for me to get into any of these shows. I would have much preferred the more realistic style used in the game cinematics, but I know that the more cartoony style they use is faster, cheaper and more kid friendly. That said, the characters seem to have made a nice jump to live action.

I like Dawson as Ahsoka. She brings a strength, calm and maturity to the role--like someone who has been on a path to self-discovery of their place within the force--although I can't tell how old she's supposed to be (late 20s? 30s? 40s?). The actress playing Sabine is doing a nice job. I did like her with the long multi-colored hair and more rebellious look in the first couple of episodes, but she looks great in the Mandalorian armor and the character has a nice arc playing out. I don't know enough about the Hera, but the actress seems to be doing a good job. The Zeb character will likely show up at some point, but since he needs to be fully CGI it's an expensive add. I kind of thought he might show up in one of the X-Wing, especially since they could cheat him by only having to render a head onto a relatively stationary body as well as take advantage of the cockpit shadows. However, I don't know if the character is a pilot. I'm guessing Thrawn and/or Ezra will show up at the end of next week. Ray Stevenson (a real loss) is great as Baylan and Shin has the perfect wild-eyed look of an impetuous apprentice.

Maybe Disney/Star Wars is starting to turn the corner. I was only so-so on Kenobi (watch the Patterson cut). The Mandalorian is good, but looks to be running out of steam. Boba Fett was pretty unnecessary, although I did like how some of the side characters Black Krrsantan and the Hutt Twins were added in. Not a fan of the sequels.

I like Sabine just fine.

1. The actress playing her can act
2. It’s good to see a SW character not named Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo or Darth Vader fail for a change :lol
3. Her decision with the map won me over completely
4. I don’t really know her from “Rebels” accept for the 4 or 5 episodes I watched and can’t remember.
I like her too.

Yeah that was a pretty great episode. Loved seeing Sabine finally put on the helmet and kick some ass in her armor, with moves that looked like they were right out of Rebels. And even Huyang put up a good fight which was unexpected and fun to see.

I'm still not sure I buy Sabine's extreme obsession with finding Ezra in this show, or the decision she makes at the end as a result of it, but it did make for some pretty intense moments.
Initially I was disappointed that
Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyone else find it weird that Baylan, Shin and Morgan, just stand around looking over a cliff, for most of the time, and don't even bother to turn around to speak to others, lol.

I like her too.

Initially I was disappointed that
Spoiler Spoiler:
You were right, World between Worlds is still a thing lol

Good episode.

I kept yelling at Sabine to start fighting like a Mando and not a Jedi, did a first pump when she finally did!

One question though:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Good episode.

I kept yelling at Sabine to start fighting like a Mando and not a Jedi, did a first pump when she finally did!

One question though:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Presumably she was able to do that because
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back