Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Episode 3 was fantastic, but it definitely left me wanting more in a good way. I‘m loving the focus on the Ahsoka/Sabine relationship, while steadily moving the plot forward and taking the pace up another notch. Can’t wait for next Tuesday.

Last edited:
I haven't watched Ahsoka so I can't say whether these first 2 episodes were any good.
Low viewing figures for Ahsoka might be an indicator that Filoni fans don't make up the huge part of the fandom as thought.
I'm pleased Mando season 1 & 2 are coming to bluray for those that want it.
For me personally season 3 of Mando has completely soured my attitude to The Mandalorian as a whole and I certainly won't be buying blurays.

Yeah that was a short episode, but a really good one I think. Much better paced than the first two, and I'm really growing to like the dynamic between Ahsoka and Sabine. And watching Sabine start from zero with no force ability whatsoever feels like a fresh angle we haven't really seen before, which is nice.

Still waiting for that Ghost sighting though. I'm sure it has to show up to save the day at some point...

Really loving this show so far. This last episode was great. I like how we’re seeing so many things we’ve never seen before (at least in terms of live action). And of course there is no shortage of possibilities for figures and deluxe versions.

This episode was short but sweet. Excellent pace all around and probably one of the best space fights/chases in live action SW for me. Can't wait for next week.

As soon as I saw Ahsoka…

doing flippy flips and chopping starfighters up from the wing of her own spaceship

…I knew I had to head over here for the post episode discussion.

Viewing figures aren't an opinion. If Filoni fans are such a big part of the fandom, why are Ahsoka's viewing figures lower than Mandalorian, Kenobi and BoBF?
And that's the more trust worthy figures rather than Disney's own dodgy self reporting.
14 mil views (they record views not viewers) is dodgy as hell.
As I understand it that out performs House of The Dragon and The Last of Us which were huge successes.
This is also the first time Disney has reported figures in this way.
Reminds me of when Amazon were fudging the figures with a "view" count for Rings of Power only for later to be proved that the show was a complete disaster.
And really, if Filoni fans really do make up the majority of Star Wars fans, and the future of Star Wars is Filoni and his nonsense, then Star Wars really is dead.
Anyway, I've spent more than enough time discussing a show I'll never watch.
Have fun all.

latest ep had some nice visuals, the VFX are still top notch and so far all 3 eps move plot forward rather than go off on side quest tangents so I appreciate that.

The dialogue though is often awkward and even cringey at times while multiple things lack any logic: the puzzles that Ahsoka solved at the temple in episode 1 were embarrassingly simple and obvious. You could brute force them in short time even if you were too dumb to figure them out. And what was the point of bringing map macguffin to the temple on red tree planet if it just shows the same info as the map ball all on its own? All the temple did was make the map larger. Bit pointless.

So far the show is all style and very little substance (pretty par for the course for Filoni) but nowhere near as bad as Kenobi, BOBF or Mando season 3, and even compared to Mando seasons 1 and 2 hasn't yet had as many cringe moments so all in all OK. Just weak writing as usual.

I assume we will be told how incredibly intelligent and cunning Thrawn will be without actually seeing him be so, because to write an intelligent character you need intelligent writers which I think this show lacks. hope to be proven wrong.

Also, I think we all know that a Marrok reveal is coming. That old rusty inquisitor armour looks suspiciously like 8th brothers gear so it is likely found armour being worn by REDACTED.

This episode doubled down on the Kurosawa/Japanese influences from The Mandalorian Chapter 13: The Jedi.

Sabine's bokken sword; the Kendo inspired helmet, and Ahsoka suggesting Sabine be tested with the "Zatochi" technique.

Zatochi sounds similar to Zatoichi, the fictional blind swordsman who appeared in twenty-six films.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zatoichi

Recalling Obi-Wan training Luke wearing a helmet with the blast shield down in ANH, Sabine is literally a blind swords(wo)man. :lightsabe

One more connection between Zatoichi and Ahsoka:

His lightning-fast fighting skill is incredible, with his sword held in a reverse grip...

Zatoichi1.jpg

4oacnpen0ekb1.png
The Mandalorian Season 2x05 - Reverse Grip.png

Last edited:
Also, I think we all know that a Marrok reveal is coming. That old rusty inquisitor armour looks suspiciously like 8th brothers gear so it is likely found armour being worn by REDACTED.
There is a rumor that this is
Spoiler Spoiler:

There is a rumor that this is
Spoiler Spoiler:
Starkiller in his game form should never be brought into canon. No secret apprenctice, no overpowered abilities, none of it. It can be a character played by Sam Witwer with the same name and that's it.

Back