Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not surprised at all. Couldn't even finish the first episode... Oh, and Mando seasons 1 & 2 are up for preorder on blu-ray. This is the way!
I haven't watched Ahsoka so I can't say whether these first 2 episodes were any good.
Low viewing figures for Ahsoka might be an indicator that Filoni fans don't make up the huge part of the fandom as thought.
I'm pleased Mando season 1 & 2 are coming to bluray for those that want it.
For me personally season 3 of Mando has completely soured my attitude to The Mandalorian as a whole and I certainly won't be buying blurays.

They should have had the Mando mod-squad guy fix her up, and install one of those neat storage & cell phone charging compartments like Fennec got.
7x7jf5.jpg

She obviously had a much larger portion of her body replaced with mechanical parts than what is visible through this small maintenance port. Fennec is a cyborg now much like Vader was

Wow really?
I know Rebels and Filoni's other animations are very popular with a portion of the fandom but I don't know how big a portion that is.
I did wonder how viewing figures would play out. Sounds like for the first episodes, not great.
I thought it'd do better than this.
Perhaps it'll pick up as the season goes on.
If the whole season has low viewing figures, I wonder what affect that might have on the upcoming Filoniverse movie.

Maybe it's just franchise fatigue?

It's not just Rebels but probably Ahsoka herself that casual SW fans probably aren't aware enough about. To them she was just a random Jedi who popped up briefly in one episode of Mando three years ago, and they're not sure why they should care so much about her. Lol

I actually liked this because it gave context on why Ahsoka would not train Grogu: she already had a Padawan.

It seems Ahsoka would have been training Sabine from the end of Rebels through the events of ROTJ and then there was a falling out of some sort before she appears in Mandalorian.

I think this is a very consistent portrayal of the New Republic, and likely why they failed and allowed the First Order to rise. They become too overconfident of their victory, too focused on bringing back the galaxy to how it was prior to the Clone Wars.

They are showing this in Andor, Mandalorian and BOBF as well so yes, the captain and his crew were meant to be dumb.
I think that Baylan used the Jedi Mind trick on him?

30% fewer viewers than Mando season 3, which itself was down from Mando season 2. 50% fewer than Kenobi.
This is viewership over first 6 days.

Maybe it's just franchise fatigue?
It's probably a mix of franchise fatigue and the whole need to have seen Rebels/if you liked Rebels thing, how many fans know Ahsoka or care about her.
I think they may have overestimated how many TCW/Rebels/Filoni fans there are in the fandom.
Rebels/Ahsoka/Filoni fans will have turned in quickly to watch this, they'll be included in the first 6 days viewing figures, which are fewer than Kenobi and Mando season 3.

From a sample size of 3M I'd say 1.2M is pretty impressive...
View attachment 659319

But Disney seem happy with the metrics from their official statement, so doesn't seem like a flop to me.
I take Disneys self reporting with a huge pinch of salt.
Putting a positive spin on things to outright lying to avoid embarrassment or create the illusion everyone's watching to simply lying to investors. I wouldn't put that past Disney.
I'll take the figures as presented by a non partial 3rd party. 50% less than Kenobi, 30% less than Mando season 3.

Last edited:
I take Disneys self reporting with a huge pinch of salt.
Putting a positive spin on things to outright lying to avoid embarrassment or create the illusion everyone's watching to simply lying to investors. I wouldn't put that past Disney.
I'll take the figures as presented by a non partial 3rd party. 50% less than Kenobi, 30% less than Mando season 3.
Doesn't mean much from such a small sample size though. But also, who cares, we already know Iger has plans to scale back Disney+ output for both Marvel and Star Wars content. None of this means anything to us.

They're not even pretending to try.

My friend, they gave up trying a LONG time ago.

Did you ever get to meet Ralph McQuarrie? A true once in a generation type creative. I don't think he gets enough credit for so much of the iconic classic Star Wars aesthetic.

Determining the worth of a show after one week using numeric comparisons?

This is the way
The point is comparing how Kenobi, BoBF and Mando season 3 did in the same time window at their initial release as Ahsoka. They did better over the first 4 days than Ahsoka did over its first 6.
We don't know how well Ahsoka will do overall but in comparable initial performance, Ahsoka has performed worse than Kenobi, BoBF and Mando season 3.
In terms of worth or quality, I haven't seen Ahsoka so can't comment. It's also irrelevant to the numbers.
Andor is far better than the other D+ Star Wars shows but performed as badly as Ahsoka has in the initial days after release.

She obviously had a much larger portion of her body replaced with mechanical parts than what is visible through this small maintenance port. Fennec is a cyborg now much like Vader was
That's actually not the worst piece of fan-splaining I've ever heard. All the same ... no sir, don't like it.

If she's that heavily modified due to being shot in the gut and left for dead they still haven't explained how she stays alive, breathes, eats etc.

My friend, they gave up trying a LONG time ago.

:LOL:
Did you ever get to meet Ralph McQuarrie? A true once in a generation type creative. I don't think he gets enough credit for so much of the iconic classic Star Wars aesthetic.
Sadly, never did. I agree ... the sense of vast cosmic and technological scale contrasted with his humanistic details and feeling of deep time made its way into the best of the Star Wars aesthetic. It's difficult to replicate.

Back