Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean, Thrawn did completely obliterate the Rebel base on Atollon and killed most of the Rebels there. The only reason anyone was able to survive and escape was because of Admiral Konstantine f***ing up and the arrival of Bendu (which, as a giant force-powered monstrosity, would throw a spanner into anyone's plans!).

He's also incredibly intelligent, a brilliant military strategist, and shows near perfect power of deduction. He's pretty intimidating and creepy.
Exactly! Thrawn only fails when he doesn’t know he doesn’t know something (he’ll compensate for known missing/unknown information) or his orders aren’t followed precisely. He had no clue what a Bendu was. Constantine went rogue. Pergill came out of nowhere. I’m expecting Thrawn to come out victorious this season to set up the movie.

Exactly! Thrawn only fails when he doesn’t know he doesn’t know something (he’ll compensate for known missing/unknown information) or his orders aren’t followed precisely. He had no clue what a Bendu was. Constantine went rogue. Pergill came out of nowhere. I’m expecting Thrawn to come out victorious this season to set up the movie.
So what you're saying is as long as Thrawn has... prep time... he can't lose...

1692801056199.gif

Haha essentially. He’s a quick analyst though and can come up with a battle plan pretty quickly mid battle. He’s often described as being very Sherlock Holmes or perhaps Moriarty in his thinking. He’s not the typical bumbling imperial commander. He sees the kind of stuff the audience usually complain about characters being idiots for not making the connection.

Pretty solid opening episodes, fantastic cinematography.
I don’t know, I’ve never liked how the Favreau shows look. I’m no professional so I can’t quite describe it, but something about the bright white lighting. I prefer some variation in color temp. Every behind the scenes doc on Disney+ shows plays some clips from the movies alongside a clip from the show they are discussing, and the show always, ALWAYS looks so much worse. Every movie looks a lot better.

The editing of the dialogue scenes in this show reminds me of the rough draft of the original Star Wars, before Lucas fired the original team and took a more hands on approach. Kinda stagnant.

I was worried about that as well but
Spoiler Spoiler:

Still does not explain why they think both lost characters are at that location the map is pointing to. If there is an actual reason, it seems pointlessly obfuscated. What is their reasoning behind all this? What led them to believe Ezra and Thrawn are there, wherever that is? How am I supposed to be invested in their quest if I don’t know WHY they think this will help in their goals?

1. FIND MAP TO ANCIENT LOCATION
2. ????
3. REUNITE WITH LOST COMRADE

Haha essentially. He’s a quick analyst though and can come up with a battle plan pretty quickly mid battle. He’s often described as being very Sherlock Holmes or perhaps Moriarty in his thinking. He’s not the typical bumbling imperial commander. He sees the kind of stuff the audience usually complain about characters being idiots for not making the connection.
Hmmm

1692802913680.png

Still does not explain why they think both lost characters are at that location the map is pointing to. If there is an actual reason, it seems pointlessly obfuscated. What is their reasoning behind all this? What led them to believe Ezra and Thrawn are there, wherever that is? How am I supposed to be invested in their quest if I don’t know WHY they think this will help in their goals?

2. ????
SPOILERy
1) It is the only place far enough that Thrawn would not be able to return on his own they know of (ancient race, blah blah)
2) Dathomir witch has been communicating with Thrawn (how if he is not Force wielder, that is the question - maybe some Dathomir artifact left on other side?)
3) There were purgill pictured on the obelisk - probably some wormhole they have been using to get there and back
4) The criticized map is not to a person this time, but to a location that was visited before (even if in ancient times) - so not as stupid as in shitquel trilogy

2. ????
It’s been a while since I watched Rebels, but maybe Morgan knows via
Spoiler Spoiler:

SPOILERy
1) It is the only place far enough that Thrawn would not be able to return on his own they know of (ancient race, blah blah)
2) Dathomir witch has been communicating with Thrawn (how if he is not Force wielder, that is the question - maybe some Dathomir artifact left on other side?)
3) There were purgill pictured on the obelisk - probably some wormhole they have been using to get there and back
4) The criticized map is not to a person this time, but to a location that was visited before (even if in ancient times) - so not as stupid as in shitquel trilogy

Technically the map in TFA was not to Luke per se, Han said he went looking for “the first Jedi temple” so it is implied that the map led to that lost temple. But JJ in his infinite wisdom decided not to take the time needed to make that clear for the audience.

The clarity is what I am criticizing. I like to know WHY characters are doing things, otherwise I won’t care if they succeed. All your explanations are credible, but they are being pointlessly held back as mysteries.

Pretty decent so far but I gotta say, I am really not feeling Sabine lol. Which is a shame because it looks like it's about to end up being "her show". Everyone else is great though.

Agreed so far. She’s acting like an obnoxious teenager, but she looks near 30.

The show looks good and felt like Star Wars though. Baylan and Shin are the 2 most interesting characters so far.

Technically the map in TFA was not to Luke per se, Han said he went looking for “the first Jedi temple” so it is implied that the map led to that lost temple. But JJ in his infinite wisdom decided not to take the time needed to make that clear for the audience.

The clarity is what I am criticizing. I like to know WHY characters are doing things, otherwise I won’t care if they succeed. All your explanations are credible, but they are being pointlessly held back as mysteries.
Maybe there will be some flashbacks in next episodes explaining. But I think it is quite clear. Based on the words mentioned in the show I think it is something like this:
Morgan was closely working with Thrawn during his reign, he knew she was Dathomir sister. Ezra was communicating with space whales, asked them to bring them as far as possible to prevent Thrawn from returning in case he overpowers him (Chimaera was full of personnel, he only dealt with bridge crew). He saw that as the only way to get the galaxy rid of Thrawn (he saw different ways as Jedi, this one was the only one that could succeed as he said in Rebels - killing Thrawn would make him a martyr and Empire would strike hard on Lothal. This way they were left doubting, not willing to risk attacking unknown). Upon arrival (and pacifying Ezra) Thrawn found Dathomir altar on some planet, calculated he is too far, so he contacted Morgan through Dathomir altar. She started seeking info about the ancient way to the location that was long lost. She was financed by the Shadow council and Pellaeon to be able to construct what was needed, only piece she needed were coordinates (she could not ask space whales to take her there, even if they did help nightsisters before, or the anciend race - Nightsisters were communicating with animals, riding rancors and such).

Some things will not be served on silver platter, such as history between Sabine and Ahsoka, to let audience have some mystery, guessing - similar was with if Ahsoka died after Season 2 of Rebels, they explained 2 years later in season 4.

Last edited:
It was very apparent where the saber went and it was intentionally away from most organs (I'm not a doctor so if there's a gall bladder or something there, sorry). So, true enough on Qui-Gon but I didn't have an issue with how they executed the scene and the recovery.
Yeah I don't see any reason why she should have been killed by that blow, and in fact I actually got the impression Shin was intrigued by Sabine and was only intent on injuring and not killing her.

Qui-Gon died because the story necessitated it :lol. Plus Sabine got instant medical attention.

The editing of the dialogue scenes in this show reminds me of the rough draft of the original Star Wars, before Lucas fired the original team and took a more hands on approach. Kinda stagnant.
Yeah I think the slower pacing and spare dialogue was supposed to reflect Ahsoka's calm Jedi demeanor, but I'm not sure it was the best choice. As it kind of undercut the threat and sense of danger we were supposed to be feeling, since no one seemed particularly excited or worked up over anything.

If every detail needs explaining here, this thread is going to be a painful read.

Back