Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah this line as well as how he fights makes me think this is really Anakin's ghost, or Anakin influencing the vision in Ahsoka's mind through the Force. Anakin here seemed to fight in between the ROTS Anakin and the more powerful, deliberate style of Vader. I don't think it was just a conjured-up vision by Ahsoka.

In addition to that, the fact that Jacen can hear the lightsabers clashing means the fight really did happen in another plane of reality. It wasn't just in Ahoska's mind. I think the writers had Jacen here in this episode to hint at Ahsoka vs Anakin being real rather than being imagined.
Or you could take it as Jaycen reading her mind as Baylan did to Sabine the previous episode. Either interpretation works. In fact, if you want to say that it was Ahsoka really fighting an actual battle in another dimension instead of her just imagining it well it can *still* all be "just a vision" even if it was really her fighting. I say that because in ESB Luke had a "real" duel with a "fake" Darth Vader on Dagobah.

Or you could take it as Jaycen reading her mind as Baylan did to Sabine the previous episode. Either interpretation works. In fact, if you want to say that it was Ahsoka really fighting an actual battle in another dimension instead of her just imagining it well it can *still* all be "just a vision" even if it was really her fighting. I say that because in ESB Luke had a "real" duel with a "fake" Darth Vader on Dagobah.
That interpretation works for Jacen but not so much when you consider that it seems his mom was eventually able to hear them as well. But then again she's had sex with a Jedi so she's obviously receptive and open to The Force. Maybe Ahsoka should be training her instead of Sabine? :chase

Seriously though, I think Ahsoka was really there because in all previous instances of the WBW there's never been an indication that the physical body of the person in it (Ezra) was left behind. Plus he pulled the actual Ahsoka into it to save her from Vader on Malachor. So Ahsoka is there, but the Force created the versions of Anakin that she encountered and really clashed lightsabers with (just as it created a version of Vader for Luke in the cave on Dagobah).

Last edited:
Until it's officially stated otherwise I'm saying it was really Anakin. If it wasn't really him I personally think it takes away from the emotional impact of it all. I think it's him in the same way that T'Chaka shows up to T'Challa and Killmonger shows up to Shuri in the Ancestral Plane.

I think the way he talks to her is supposed to imply that it's really him, and isn't there to just throw us off. Anakin is one with the Force, he is the "chosen one" and it was and still is his duty to bring balance - but in this interaction he was bringing balance to Ahsoka herself as she was conflicted and struggling.

He's more than just your run of the mill Force Ghost. He's more like The Father from The Clone Wars, as some part of The Daughter lives on in Ahsoka herself.

There's a reason why both The Clone Wars and Rebels delved deeper into the mystical aspects of The Force.

I agree. I try really hard to shut my brain off in those moments, but I've always disliked the lack of tactics employed on either side of the Clone Wars.

The Battle of Geonosis in AOTC set the precedent of just having both sides rush each other on the ground. Just got worse in animation.

You all have blasters. Don't just charge each other. Where's the combined arms tactics? Air support? Why aren't they using the armor and massive ships properly? It gets very frustrating the more you think about it. :lol

I partly rationalize it internally by saying it's just a good example of Jedi not being cut out to be military commanders. And they aren't. But someone please pick up a Military Tactics 101 book.

I just imagine the highly trained Clone officers with galactic combat tactics indoctrinated into their Jango brains eye rolling every time a Jedi orders their battalion to charge a position head on.
The tactics and most fight scenes in almost every movie are pure garbage and it takes me out of it most of the time. I unfortunately have learned to just ignore it but wish they would just do better portraying those scenes.

It was definitely really Anakin. Jesus Christ, we've already seen weirder things happen through the force. Why some of you are trying to ruin one of the only decent things in this show is bizarre.

That interpretation works for Jacen but not so much when you consider that it seems his mom was eventually able to hear them as well.
Even that could go multiple ways. For one she never actually says she hears anything. She just smiles after closing her eyes and then gives the order to search the ocean. When Carson asks why, the droid doesn't say "Well the kid has really good hearing and if you go stand over there you too might hear lightsabers in another dimension." The droid instead says that Jacen has special abilities like his father which to me implies that he was "hearing" Ahsoka's thoughts as a Jedi would.

Going back to Hera she either smiled because her son gave her an impromptu lesson in the Force which allowed her to briefly detect Ahsoka's thoughts as well or she heard nothing at all and smiled because she realized that what her son was detecting was not with physical ears and that she needs to trust in his abilities.

Even that could go multiple ways. For one she never actually says she hears anything. She just smiles after closing her eyes and then gives the order to search the ocean. When Carson asks why, the droid doesn't say "Well the kid has really good hearing and if you go stand over there you too might hear lightsabers in another dimension." The droid instead says that Jacen has special abilities like his father which to me implies that he was "hearing" Ahsoka's thoughts as a Jedi would.

Going back to Hera she either smiled because her son gave her an impromptu lesson in the Force which allowed her to briefly detect Ahsoka's thoughts as well or she heard nothing at all and smiled because she realized that what her son was detecting was not with physical ears and that she needs to trust in his abilities.
A desperate Mother under extreme pressure looking for any win at that moment in time is going to support her child in whatever means necessary and if that means a white lie “yeah you’re right I hear them too, keep it going kid!” works for me.

She’s like “Oh god I hope my kid is not crazy!” lol

Well if that’s the case then bring on Luke going in there to have breakfast with Beru, Owen and auntie Reva.
And if it was really Anakin then I guess it was really Rex and all those poor clones who had to die all over again just to teach Ahsoka a lesson! :panic:

In all seriousness if anyone wants to believe that it was the real Anakin then go ahead. You've got "I've been told that before" to lean on and the warm fuzzies that believing it was really him brings. You could also make the argument that Ahsoka's "Anakin..." when she's pulled out of the water suggests that she even believed it was him.

But for me personally it's much more logical to assume that this Anakin is just as real as the one Luke encountered on Dagobah, complete with parallels of the test ending when the decision to decapitate or not decapitate him is made.

I think the emotional impact of Ahsoka's journey remains whether it's him or not, and that you can even still have it somewhat both ways in assuming that since Anakin is now "one with the Force" that his consciousness could have had a hand in guiding the vision that Ahsoka was experiencing even to the point of adding those little flourishes like his specific mannerisms and reference to a duel that she never witnessed. Either way I suspect that Filoni will blab all the details and settle the matter just like when he finally shared the mind-blowing truth that if Qui-Gon hadn't died things...would have been different, lol.

And if it was really Anakin then I guess it was really Rex and all those poor clones who had to die all over again just to teach Ahsoka a lesson! :panic:

In all seriousness if anyone wants to believe that it was the real Anakin then go ahead. You've got "I've been told that before" to lean on and the warm fuzzies that believing it was really him brings. You could also make the argument that Ahsoka's "Anakin..." when she's pulled out of the water suggests that she even believed it was him.

But for me personally it's much more logical to assume that this Anakin is just as real as the one Luke encountered on Dagobah, complete with parallels of the test ending when the decision to decapitate or not decapitate him is made.

I think the emotional impact of Ahsoka's journey remains whether it's him or not, and that you can even still have it somewhat both ways in assuming that since Anakin is now "one with the Force" that his consciousness could have had a hand in guiding the vision that Ahsoka was experiencing even to the point of adding those little flourishes like his specific mannerisms and reference to a duel that she never witnessed. Either way I suspect that Filoni will blab all the details and settle the matter just like when he finally shared the mind-blowing truth that if Qui-Gon hadn't died things...would have been different, lol.
Curious if they will tie it to the voices at the end of TROS.

Wait people don’t think that was anakin? That def was. He came to her as a force ghost and showed her flashbacks of the war. This wasn’t some vision that didn’t talk this was def anakin

Nah it’s not him ya’ll wrong, sorry.

Great show though isn’t it.

I appreciate your opinions on the matter and everyone is certainly free to interpret the scenes as they want to. And I'll certainly take this discussion over other topics.

I think there would be more ambiguity if it weren't specifically set in the World Between Worlds with its ability for time and reality bending shenanigans. That as a whole is controversial to some so I am loathe to lean on it. I still don't know how to feel about it though at least it's usually used very sparingly.

If the scenes just happened without her being pulled specifically into the WBW, then I would consider the interpretation that Anakin is not actually there to be more viable. But the use of the WBW combined with everything else leaves little room for other interpretations for myself.

I appreciate your opinions on the matter and everyone is certainly free to interpret the scenes as they want to. And I'll certainly take this discussion over other topics.

I think there would be more ambiguity if it weren't specifically set in the World Between Worlds with its ability for time and reality bending shenanigans. That as a whole is controversial to some so I am loathe to lean on it. I still don't know how to feel about it though at least it's usually used very sparingly.

If the scenes just happened without her being pulled specifically into the WBW, then I would consider the interpretation that Anakin is not actually there to be more viable. But the use of the WBW combined with everything else leaves little room for other interpretations for myself.
Was she even really in the WBW though? That environment could have just been another part of the vision along with Mandalore and the other planet.

Was she even really in the WBW though? That environment could have just been another part of the vision along with Mandalore and the other planet.

It seemed very clear to me she was in the World Between Worlds and I'm honestly a little surprised others feel different. Interesting.

I don't think they'd add another layer of murkiness to an already abstract metaphysical concept by making it a WBW esque vision instead of actually using the WBW.

Plus this is essentially a Rebels sequel, which the WBW is tied to.

Back