Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anakin’s line about her still holding on “TO THAT” has instantly become one of my favorite lines in Star Wars history. I am still laughing but in a good way, not mocking it.

Are you still going on about me slaughtering those silly kids?

LOLOLOL

No matter what line of dialogue I use,

No matter how I change it,

No matter how I replay it in my head it’s pure

LOLOLOL

It's crazy how much I identify with this scene.

View attachment 662528

"The PT sucks! It screwed up everything!!!"

PT: "Then throw us away and never watch us again."

*sigh* "No. I'm good. I accept the bad with the good." (Watches AOTC again and kinda likes it)

lol
K8s8B_.gif

It has been stated many times in this very thread since the episode aired that it's Ahsoka's version of Luke's test in the cave which isn't about being able to "defeat" Anakin but whether you choose to strike him down or not.
Watching the fight, it looks like Anakin is holding back quite a lot. I get the impression he could easily defeat her but as you posted, that isn't what the fight is about. Anakin is teaching her.

I was going to write a long post about what I believed Anakin’s lesson to Ahsoka was in Episode 5, but then I found this video which pretty much says precisely what I was thinking, but with pretty video clips and examples! 😇.

See what you think:

[video]

It has been stated many times in this very thread since the episode aired that it's Ahsoka's version of Luke's test in the cave which isn't about being able to "defeat" Anakin but whether you choose to strike him down or not.
Ok then. That makes sense. Part of the problem when watching clips. :lol Like I've said many times. I prefer to watch these shows all together if possible. And skip those I know will get under my skin (OWK).

And no, I don't read everything in this thread. Certain posts here and there from members who I actually enjoy reading their opinion. The rest is just noise to be blocked out.

Nothing like having memories of seeing the original SW in the theater in '77 as a kid and still having nearly all my original vintage toys and being an avid fan and collector for 46 years. And reading the original Thrawn trilogy as it was released with countless other expanded SW novels.

I get SW, too bad so many newer fans today seem not to and enjoy drinking Disney's kool aid. That's what makes ME sad.

:duff

Last edited:
I saw someone else make the point somewhere else that Anakin had finally discovered the power to save somebody from dieing. His lesson to Ahsoka made her choose to live.

Not only did it free from her fear that her emotions if left unchecked would lead to a similar fate as her master. It allowed her to accept Anakin's fate and make peace with herself that she could have altered his destiny had she not abandoned him.

Anakin used the light and the dark in his lesson to Ahsoka. The more I reflect on it the more powerful it becomes for me.

Yeah, but what does that have to do with - I thought - she just got her butt kicked and was having to choose to live or die, other then being a jog into fan service?

I was going to write a long post about what I believed Anakin’s lesson to Ahsoka was in Episode 5, but then I found this video which pretty much says precisely what I was thinking, but with pretty video clips and examples! 😇.

See what you think:

[video]

Amazing video. I honestly think Ashoka was given to anakin to calm his personality and give him balance. At first he’s not sure but then he grows to love her. So when she left and padme was going to die he became unhinged due and felt he couldn’t hold onto to anyone. In the rebels show when he meets her again he doesn’t want to kill her and hesitates multiple times. It wasn’t until luke where he finally saw that a part of him existed again. I think ultimately he just wanted to be a father .

Yeah, but what does that have to do with - I thought - she just got her butt kicked and was having to choose to live or die, other then being a jog into fan service?
The "choosing to live or die" was much more than just physically living or dying. He showed her that he often didn't enjoy being her mentor but that he did it anyway in order to leave a legacy of passing down knowledge from one generation to the next. She was moping around on autopilot only half committing to training Sabine or fighting evil (Baylan, etc.) and Anakin (or the Force through the vision of Anakin) seemed to be saying either get in the game and give it your all or go mope in the corner and die already. Oh and if you do choose to give it your all then do it with a smile on your face because taking everything so seriously is getting annoying. :)

So she made her choice.

And of course all the flashbacks were fan service but very well placed fan service that served her arc and were more visually interesting than a dark and slimy cave. :)

I saw someone else make the point somewhere else that Anakin had finally discovered the power to save somebody from dieing. His lesson to Ahsoka made her choose to live.
:thud:

Not only did it free from her fear that her emotions if left unchecked would lead to a similar fate as her master. It allowed her to accept Anakin's fate and make peace with herself that she could have altered his destiny had she not abandoned him.

Anakin used the light and the dark in his lesson to Ahsoka. The more I reflect on it the more powerful it becomes for me.
:thud: :thud:

The more I reflect on it the more powerful it becomes for me.
There's no denying that the best SW is ANH + ESB or the theatrical OT if you want the nice closure that ROTJ brings.

But this latest episode might be the second best thing after that. :panic:

The first 30 minutes basically made the entirety of the PT and TCW dare I say "worth it." Not bad for what is essentially a filler episode. :lol

Lol was it 2020 when rise of skywalker came out and we were all arguing with khev and jye how the pt stomps the st and how the clone wars and other lore heightens the pt experience but they wouldn’t hear it? I’m glad khev watched clone wars and now is enjoying Ashoka lol

There's no denying that the best SW is ANH + ESB or the theatrical OT if you want the nice closure that ROTJ brings.

But this latest episode might be the second best thing after that. :panic:

The first 30 minutes basically made the entirety of the PT and TCW dare I say "worth it." Not bad for what is essentially a filler episode. :lol
Lol honestly after this episode I would pay good money and be there opening day for a clone wars live action film. I loved the banter between live action Ashoka and anakin

.... where I would take the franchise if I was in charge, in case you're still interested. I'll put it all under the spoiler tag below to help make it easier for everyone else to scroll past it and keep the discussion here on topic....... There was so much more to the OT themes than just the hero's journey or good versus evil, and that helped keep it relatable and intuitive for people of all ages for 40+ years. It was just as much about family, personal accountability, rejecting tyranny, the value of older mentors and their wisdom, knowing what to fight for, and understanding how everything is interconnected. And too often overlooked is how it was also about the value of being able to let go.....2.) I'd want to see stories in the distant future. Maybe in a region so war torn that they were essentially ostracized from the rest of the galaxy and turned into a post-apocalyptic setting. I'd like see it portrayed as a breeding ground for tribal feuds. It could even include Force wielders recruiting followers; some aiming simply for power and control, some aiming to lead a better way forward....I just want to see SW remember its conceptual and thematic roots, but without covering the same narrative ground over and over again. How many times will watching a master fail an apprentice (or vice versa) remain compelling? How often can we watch a Jedi fall and turn to the dark side before it has lost all meaning? How many orphaned youngsters need to be taken in by a more seasoned freedom fighter to have exhausted that dynamic?

I appreciate the detail and thought in your response, that's much appreciated.

I'd like to see your ideas come to fruition. I especially like No#2 on the list. Something so detached, that the writers can have some actual creative freedom and stretch their legs a little. I'd also like a dystopian spin on things, if only because I'd value a very "hard R" kind of Star Wars. IMHO, the SW world building is strong enough already where you can have different kinds of tone in the stories, not just , as you point out, the typically one size fits all to encapsulate the biggest audience share possible while hammering future merchandise at them.

I agree the most with sometimes shelving the "hero's journey" situation. Sometimes, I'd just like to see Cammie and Fixer be moisture farmers and not have the stake of the survival of the universe behind it. Or Lobot trying to decipher a caper in Cloud City that isn't the end of the entire Republic if he fails. IMHO, if current Star Wars has a common failing, it's generally overly complicated for no good reason at all. Good films are usually - Simple plot/Complex characters , and bizarrely under Kennedy, the current slate is more - Complex plot/simplistic characters

I like your Luke Skywalker series idea. It's easily the one narrative that would generate the most widespread traction and interest in the entire universe from the vast fandom at large. Maybe they are waiting for Mark Hamill to die first though.

Lol was it 2020 when rise of skywalker came out and we were all arguing with khev and jye how the pt stomps the st and how the clone wars and other lore heightens the pt experience but they wouldn’t hear it? I’m glad khev watched clone wars and now is enjoying Ashoka lol
Honestly that final season of TCW that came out a couple years ago did a lot to redeem the PT but these new scenes from Ahsoka are what I wished the PT had been all along.

The PT trilogy still sucks as much as the ST. The ST being bad does not make the PT retroactively good. That's not how it works. The Clone Wars is what the PT SHOULD have been, not midichlorian counts, lousy & annoying child actors, trade embargos, etc.. Anakin per Obi-Wan was "the best fighter pilot in the galaxy...and a good friend". But instead of building on that Lucas made him a kid about 15 years Obi-Wan's junior and his padawan? Not a single OT fan walked out of TPM thinking that was a good idea. And then he jumps forward into a forbidden love story between an emotionally immature Anakin and much older Padme? Talk about a bad decision, and that's not even considering how woefully incapable Lucas was at writing a love story. :lol

Back