Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahsoka premiere moved up to this Tuesday!
IMG_0526.jpeg

According to this guy you have to go into the show caring about these characters and you'll like it if you're a Rebels fan. It feels like Rebels season 5.
Lol, that's me out then.
Apparently the show assumes you know and care about these characters and havd watched the cartoon shows, though doesn't think anyone will be confused if they haven't.

According to this guy you have to go into the show caring about these characters and you'll like it if you're a Rebels fan. It feels like Rebels season 5.
Lol, that's me out then.
Apparently the show assumes you know and care about these characters and havd watched the cartoon shows, though doesn't think anyone will be confused if they haven't.

I love TCW and Rebels! Those two are the last good true Star Wars IMO. And if it really feels like season 5 it is even better for me.

Shocker... The Disney Media shills that get to see advanced screenings and go to premieres just looooooved it..

Who'd have thought? :rotfl
Happens every time:

“People who get invited to early screenings say good things in order to continue being invited to early screenings”

Happens every time:

“People who get invited to early screenings say good things in order to continue being invited to early screenings”

I used to go to a lot of early screening and test screenings.

I remember the hype around The Matrix 2 and how everyone was saying it was the second coming. I was telling everyone I could what a misfire, felt like it was written by teenage boys, shallow imitation of the first, it was.

Same thing happened with Speed Racer.

Let's just say I don't get those invites anymore :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lol, that's me out then.

Watched half of the first season of Rebels and it did nothing for me. Couldn’t be bothered trying to give it another go, so I may just skip this series altogether.

Watched half of the first season of Rebels and it did nothing for me. Couldn’t be bothered trying to give it another go, so I may just skip this series altogether.
Rebels only becomes good when Ahsoka and Rex come into it.
There are a few cameos here and there that are exciting e.g Vader,Thrawn etc,but other than that,you aren't missing much.

I will watch the show and am curious to see how it plays out.

I tried getting into Rebels but it didn’t grab me either.
I’m a bit confused with Sabine in this though, wasn’t Ezra the Jedi in Rebels?

I'm seeing a few "I watched Ahsoka" vids popping up on YouTube and there's a lot of "if you liked Rebels you'll like this" and "you need to have watched Rebels first" and "this is Rebels season 5!" etc etc.
I don't know. It's obviously not for me in that case but if all that's true, that's a niche part of the overall Star Wars fandom surely?
Are they really expecting the audience to have watched Rebels, which I'm sure many will debate, but to someone who hasn't seen it at least, appears to be a kids cartoon?
Look online and you get a lot of comments praising the Filoni cartoons and Rebels etc. A lot, but not all, are younger fans who grew up with the Filoni cartoons, grew up with TCW, Rebels and Ahsoka but how big a portion of the fandom are they?
Are Filoni fans the majority of Star Wars fans these days?
Will it be any good? Well that seems to depend on how much you like Rebels, the Ahsoka character and the works of Dave Filoni.
Will it be a great success?, will it be a success not just with the Filoni portion of the fandom but a wider audience? Who knows.
EDIT: I wonder if the fact this is the last Star Wars content we'll get for awhile due to the strikes putting everything back will help it? People watching it because it's all they're going to get for a good while.
EDIT 2: I just think it might be a big ask from LF/Disney to expect a wider audience, beyond those that already love Filoni and his stuff, to watch Rebels before they see this.
I know there are a lot of cartoon advocates around but asking adult fans to watch what I have no doubt will look like a kids cartoon to them and not only watch it but find it good and take it just as seriously and as valid as live action is a very big ask.
I know there are lots of adults, lots of adults on these boards, that love Filoni's cartoons but I still think most adults will look at Rebels and say, nah it's just a kids cartoon.

Last edited:
I'm seeing a few "I watched Ahsoka" vids popping up on YouTube and there's a lot of "if you liked Rebels you'll like this" and "you need to have watched Rebels first" and "this is Rebels season 5!" etc etc.
I don't know. It's obviously not for me in that case but if all that's true, that's a niche part of the overall Star Wars fandom surely?
If you didn't watch Rebels Season 1 then you probably wouldn't go straight into Season 2 - This is a continuation of that story so if people haven't watched that then that's on them.
Are they really expecting the audience to have watched Rebels, which I'm sure many will debate, but to someone who hasn't seen it at least, appears to be a kids cartoon?
Yes, just as you'd be "expected" to watch A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back before Return of the Jedi. It makes sense to watch the previous entries in the story first.
Look online and you get a lot of comments praising the Filoni cartoons and Rebels etc. A lot, but not all, are younger fans who grew up with the Filoni cartoons, grew up with TCW, Rebels and Ahsoka but how big a portion of the fandom are they?
Are Filoni fans the majority of Star Wars fans these days?
Clone Wars and Rebels are extremely popular and well recieved shows, no matter if some people see them as "niche". They were clearly popular enough for Disney to greenlight this.
I know there are a lot of cartoon advocates around but asking adult fans to watch what I have no doubt will look like a kids cartoon to them and not only watch it but find it good and take it just as seriously and as valid as live action is a very big ask.
I know there are lots of adults, lots of adults on these boards, that love Filoni's cartoons but I still think most adults will look at Rebels and say, nah it's just a kids cartoon.
That's on those people though, no? There's a bias towards animation where people see it as "for kids", but animation has never just been for kids. I'd bet plenty of these adults don't have the same kind of views towards something like The Simpsons.

If you didn't watch Rebels Season 1 then you probably wouldn't go straight into Season 2 - This is a continuation of that story so if people haven't watched that then that's on them.

Yes, just as you'd be "expected" to watch A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back before Return of the Jedi. It makes sense to watch the previous entries in the story first.

Clone Wars and Rebels are extremely popular and well recieved shows, no matter if some people see them as "niche". They were clearly popular enough for Disney to greenlight this.

That's on those people though, no? There's a bias towards animation where people see it as "for kids", but animation has never just been for kids. I'd bet plenty of these adults don't have the same kind of views towards something like The Simpsons.
I know you're a massive advocate for animation but watching a kids cartoon like Rebels before watching a live action show like Ahsoka is hardly the same as watching 3 live action movies in a trilogy like ANH and TESB before ROTJ.
2 live action movies vs 4 seasons of a cartoon.
Whether you agree with it or not, most people who haven't watched Rebels will write it off as a kids cartoon.
They won't want to watch a cartoon series to understand a live action show.
Who knows maybe enough older fans have already left the fandom and enough younger people who grew up with Filoni's cartoons make up enough of the fandom that this stuff is the future of Star Wars.
You say the cartoon shows are very popular but will that be a big enough audience to satisfy Disney? With the amount they spend on these things, I suspect Disney will want a bigger audience than just the Filoni fans.

Last edited:
Whether you agree with it or not, most people who haven't watched Rebels will write it off as a kids cartoon.
They won't want to watch a cartoon series to understand a live action show.
I think this is why they don't specifically use any of Rebels' footage in the marketing. They don't want people to think of Rebels as required viewing.

I've read elsewhere that people who have not seen Rebels at all still enjoyed the screening. Obviously some nostalgia stuff might get lost to them, but the overall feedback is the story thus far does not require you to watch Rebels.

If you do not want to dive into Rebels, there are a lot of recap videos in YouTube too so you at least know where the story takes off from.

I think this is why they don't specifically use any of Rebels' footage in the marketing. They don't want people to think of Rebels as required viewing.

I've read elsewhere that people who have not seen Rebels at all still enjoyed the screening. Obviously some nostalgia stuff might get lost to them, but the overall feedback is the story thus far does not require you to watch Rebels.

If you do not want to dive into Rebels, there are a lot of recap videos in YouTube too so you at least know where the story takes off from.
Yeah I think it's more likely people will just look at YouTube clips or read a wiki.
I'm just going off some of the things I've heard that it is like season 5 of Rebels and apparently you need to have watched it.
Given how many Rebels characters are in Ahsoka that wouldn't surprise me.
The overarching story about Thrawns return you might not to have seen Rebels for but to understand the characters, who they are, their motivations etc I can see why you would need to have seen Rebels.
I've also heard there's no recap or much of an explanation of anything, they jump in expecting everyone to be watching Ahsoka to have also watched Filoni's back catalogue of cartoon shows.

Last edited:
Back