Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Mando Season 2 Morgan had already demonstrated her ability to go toe-to-toe with Ahsoka so why the eye roll now, especially after the Nightsisters imbued her with the Gift Of Shadows and gave her the Blade of Talzin?
Somehow he forgot that Nightsisters are force sensitive.

It’s a real shame that Asajj Ventress could never go toe to toe with Jedi.

Palpatine must have just orchestrated the genocide of the Nightsisters for ***** and giggles, not because Mother Talzin was actuallg a serious threat to him or anything.

Because this is a textbook definition of someone disliking something because someone wants to dislike something.

I think it's referred to as... haters gonna hate.

Pretty much.

Though I never bought that Elsbeth was on Ahsoka's level (even in Mando) the nightsisters, Talzin and her flaming blade of whatever all struck me as something out of a D&D campaign rather than part of the otherwise Force-dominated space opera (despite Filoni Avataring them in).

So yes, mostly sour grapes.

But then again, Grievous metaphorically taking out my distaste for the Dathomir was one of my favorite parts of TCW ;)

SipMT3L.gif

I was really looking forward to Thrawn decisive victory. And they made him barely escape with a tail between his legs. Oh well, I guess Mickey Mouse just cannot let "bad guys" win at least once. I was hoping that at least annoying Sabine would lose a hand or two ...

Series was fine. I enjoyed each episode more than the previous episode, but Filoni still needs to work on his 40 minute pacing after a career in 20 minutes episodes. This could have been 5 episodes, or maybe even one long movie, for the same story. And it’s so obvious it’s all just set up for larger projects which may or may not ever happen.

Fun but unsatisfying.

The show was ultimately fine for me. The high points were high and the low points were just points where the show plodded along. We spent way too much time with the crab people.

Another case of a show where it would've been much better as a 4 part mini series unnecessary stretched out to benefit the streaming service model.

But shows like this don't exist in a vacuum so I look at them as whether they're a net positive to the universe as a whole or not. And in this case, we gain a good amount and lose very little.

We got to see Hayden excel as Anakin, live action Rex, more live action Clones and even the Siege of Mandalore, some great character moments for Ahsoka, Huyang, Baylan, Shin, and even a little for Sabine, Thrawn's return, Nightsisters, interesting Mortis implications... Chopper and Hera didn't have much to do but it was still nice to see them. I was never a fan of Ezra in Rebels but he was a lot better here.

Exploring more of the New Republic was sorely needed and I'm glad we're getting bits and pieces of that. E-Wings, A-Wings, X-Wings, Home One, the New Republic fleet, Mon Mothma, Threepio, the Leia reference - all great. They need to figure out the big three ASAP though.

Ultimately it's one column for a large story that will be developed over the course of many years and it doesn't escape the unsatisfying feeling that entails, but there's definitely more good than bad. I give it a solid B.

Much like Game of Thrones this all hinges on the payoff at the end.

As of now, I loved it, but we'll see how it all comes together. Still plenty of things to resolve.

Much like Game of Thrones this all hinges on the payoff at the end.

As of now, I loved it, but we'll see how it all comes together. Still plenty of things to resolve.
This is what really bugs me. What makes me most nostalgic for the OT is how each movie was a satisfying ending. A NEW HOPE still works even as a standalone. ESB is not quite a cliffhanger, though everyone says it is, but still feels like a complete journey with explicit set ups for the next chapter. Did people who dislike ROTJ retroactively consider ESB a waste of time? I don't think so.

I miss endings.

Surprised to wake up and see not too much chatter on here considering the finale was last night. :dunno

I guess that's a sign that a lot of people really don't care much about this and the supposed lackluster ratings this show has had is true. Now rumors are that Disney "enticed" all those early reviews from the social media "fans" that raved, cried and cheered about this show in the beginning, like Amazon did for the Rings Of Power. Especially since there has been hardly anything positive since. This show is barely even being talked about. I wonder if anyone other than the Clone Wars & Rebels fans (which I actually am, yet I still don't care about this) are gonna care enough and be willing to wait like 2 years for this story to continue either in another season or the planned movie to wrap it all up.

I'm canceling my subscription to Disney+ in December before my yearly renewal. I don't even use it. Maybe I'll wait till then to give this a binge watch along with some of the other shows I've skipped. Still not sure if I want to finish Mando s3, as I gave up after ep2.

But definitely no way I'm watching Obi-Wan... :lol

Is there any canonical reason Morgan Elsbeth is not painted white/doesn't have white skin? I've been wondering since I found out she was a Night Sister.

I enjoyed the series as a whole and thought they did a good job with the characters and introducing those more mystical elements from the Filoniverse, along with having some pretty memorable villains. And the fact it was FAR less cringey than the previous few shows is a huge plus as well...

But I would agree the writing and pacing could have been a lot tighter and this didn't feel like a story that needed 8 episodes to tell.

Back