Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't there some slumbering Force-Moose creature at the center of everything, another of Filoni's contrivances?
Yeah. Bendu. A concept I would have found a lot cooler if it didn't look like a baboon. There was probably some mythology behind it which I don't know.

And don't know if it was the "center" so much as "between" more like the Chinese (as explained by a friend from China) as a Chinese dragon is viewed as neither good nor bad, but "above" or beyond those concepts, unlike Western culture which may view a dragon as "bad".

I think Baylan and Shin are getting positive reviews because they appear at least competent compared to everyone else. They dont do stupid stuff, nor are they emitting 1000 wpm. They show up, get their objective done with minimal chitchat and posturing. Appreciated. Nor do they have to explain their actions to a nitpicking and passive-aggressive bunch of hologram Rebel higher-ups. Rebel high command has all the charisma of your average bowl of oatmeal. With no sugar, even! One could be forgiven for wishing Vader and his lightsaber show up.

For me it's because Bayan is refreshingly gray in his approach; neither a selfless Jedi or off with their head head crush you Sith; and Shin seems to be questioning everything from Sabine to Baylan, taking it all in.
I honestly don't sit around wishing Vader would show up, any more than I wanted to see him in Obi; being tired of rehash. At least, even if this show is a sequel to Rebels, it has some new planets and concepts.

Last edited:
1695418928315.png

All kidding aside this show has been pretty damn spectacular especially the lightsaber battles.

Honestly is SW really dead?

The % of good over bad says otherwise.

Good:
Mando S1
Mando S2
Mando S3 (last few episodes made up for the bad and brought it into the good category, sorry but it did)
Both Mando episodes in BOBF
Andor
Ahsoka
Obi-Wan Vader scenes

Bad:
BOBF minus the 2 Mando episodes
Obi-Wan minus the Vader scenes

More good than bad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry KK haters that’s just the facts.

I’m one of her haters but that’s…just…the…facts!

Even the abysmal BOBF had 2 great episodes and Obi-Wan had great Vader moments!

Now go make your little click bait Doomcock companion video and make sure to say “hit like, click the bell down notification and subscribe!” lol

There's a lot to like and a lot to tut about with this show.

There's some real silly cartoon elements, obviously. Like when Ashoka can just cut through a concrete floor like butter as if Qui-Gonn trying to slice a door open in The Phantom Menace is a joke to her. Or when young buff Count Dooku see's the witch light an orb that projects a hologram and proclams 'Witches!', as if he doesn't have the force or that nowhere else in the galaxy uses holograms?

Also employing a Justin Kurzel smoke everywhere for the Clone Wars was both nice and cheap. It looked nice, but had major trying to save money vibes, as in more Assassin's Creed than Macbeth.

On the flipside, Shin is great. Hayden knocked it out of the park with replaying Anakin, like... seriously. I hope this is vindication for him. I grew up watching those films and Revenge of the Sith was my absolute favourite. Loved seeing him embody that again. I never watched Clone Wars really so don't care too much for that history etc. despite knowing that is what this show is really mostly about. But that duel was phenomenal.

Not too sure about space whales being able to use hyperspace, very cartoony. How Sabine finds Ezra was very lame. Sabines reactions to things are very cartoony also. Not really there for it, but I understand.

And now with the new episode, heavily being inspired by Japan, wow, those Kintsugi storm trooper are incredible. I can forgive any and all shortcomings for some really great additions to live action Star Wars. Looking forward to seeing how this goes on. I mean, there's nothing too egregiously stupid as what happens in the new trilogy or Boba or Obi-Wan at least.

All kidding aside this show has been pretty damn spectacular especially the lightsaber battles.

Honestly is SW really dead?

The % of good over bad says otherwise.

Good:
Mando S1
Mando S2
Mando S3 (last few episodes made up for the bad and brought it into the good category, sorry but it did)
Both Mando episodes in BOBF
Andor
Ahsoka
Obi-Wan Vader scenes

Bad:
BOBF minus the 2 Mando episodes
Obi-Wan minus the Vader scenes

More good than bad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry KK haters that’s just the facts.

I’m one of her haters but that’s…just…the…facts!

Even the abysmal BOBF had 2 great episodes and Obi-Wan had great Vader moments!

Now go make your little click bait Doomcock companion video and make sure to say “hit like, click the bell down notification and subscribe!” lol
Yeah we've definitely got a Mando Season 1/2 level show on our hands here (assuming they don't somehow blow it with the last two episodes) and one that will be more rewatchable than Andor due to all the fun characters and creatures in this one.

There's a lot to like and a lot to tut about with this show.

There's some real silly cartoon elements, obviously. Like when Ashoka can just cut through a concrete floor like butter as if Qui-Gonn trying to slice a door open in The Phantom Menace is a joke to her. Or when young buff Count Dooku see's the witch light an orb that projects a hologram and proclams 'Witches!', as if he doesn't have the force or that nowhere else in the galaxy uses holograms? .
In an ruin like that the chamber's ceiling was probably meant to be seen as made of something akin to ancient sandstone or limestone blocks on Earth. So yes, it would be easier to cut through than a solid steel door of similar thickness, but probably not that easier. But hey, it looked cool so let’s not overthink it.

Maybe Ashoka just built better/more powerful lightsabers, or her Kyber crystals are bigger than Qui-Gon’s lol. OR…….

she had this guy upgrade them….

4D4BC70A-F041-4EFF-B2DC-2482F514156D.png

:chase

I did chuckle when Ahsoka essentially told the robot that she thought TPM was the best prequel, lol.
See, I took that to mean that the prequels were the best of the three trilogies... but TPM reference makes more sense given where we are in the SW timeline...

In 43 years I've never seen anyone complain that Luke accidentally crashed his X-Wing within walking distance of Yoda's hut so I'm fine with Sabine riding a hundred miles to find Ezra.
Little known fact: Dagobah is only 25 miles in diameter so Luke’s chances of running into Yoda were always pretty good. :chase

In 43 years I've never seen anyone complain that Luke accidentally crashed his X-Wing within walking distance of Yoda's hut so I'm fine with Sabine riding a hundred miles to find Ezra.
But that was the Force magnetism yah know. Yoda and Luke have more magnetism.
Where Sabine is a miserable failure. If it weren't for Ezra channeling his homesickness she'd still be wandering around scraping up moss to eat.

She's a *&&^% Mandalorian too 'coz they're all about codes and honor, and she ditched all that to chase after her office boy. :monkey3

But that was the Force magnetism yah know. Yoda and Luke have more magnetism.
Where Sabine is a miserable failure. If it weren't for Ezra channeling his homesickness she'd still be wandering around scraping up moss to eat.

She's a *&&^% Mandalorian too 'coz they're all about codes and honor, and she ditched all that to chase after her office boy. :monkey3
The vajayjay wants what the vajayjay wants...

Back