Star Trek: TOS/TWOK/Into Darkness head sculpts and uniforms

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Trek TOS head sculpts

Agree about the collar, otherwise it looks promising.Now someone needs to work out Kirk's wrap-around tunic,ala"the Doomsday Machine",or"Tribbles",,,PS

The heads arrived yesterday.You're doing nice things with Super-Sculpey.I've got a few tweaks in mind for these guys;going to be fun...PS

My mistake;some of the texture had the "Sculpey"look.Once I get Bossk and the Princess wrapped I'm gonna be all over these.Already have Kirk's chair drawn up...PS

Fabric has been ordered, just waiting for it, the Gold, blue, red, and green for the causal uniform are all on the way.

Having had my set for about a week now, my admiration for Spenser's talent has reached new heights.There are many very talented sculptors out there who are terrified at the prospect of doing a portrait sculpt(myself included).Monsters, dinosaurs, cartoon characters;bring 'em on. But ask me to do a likeness and I break out in a cold sweat.That Spenser handled these so well is very much to his credit.It's a gift, and should be praised as such. And I hereby do so.Well done...PS

Having had my set for about a week now, my admiration for Spenser's talent has reached new heights.That Spenser handled these so well is very much to his credit.It's a gift, and should be praised as such. And I hereby do so.Well done...PS

Attention everyone! “wax murderer” is not my sock puppet account! :lol
He’s just a guy with very impeccable taste.
Thanks man!

Last edited:

You're welcome. What Spense says is true;the only person with a hand up my back is my wife,and from her I don't mind it...PS

The first batch of fabric was no good it was way too thin and flimsy. I have some swatches coming that will be here Wednesday; I’ll keep you posted on how it’s going.

Too thin even for scale? Now that is a scary thought...PS

Spock and Bones have bodies;Bones is on a slim HT with extended legs,while Spock is on a Buck, so I have proper height relationship. I have also devised a mounting system that allows removal of the heads for ease of painting and dressing.For Kirk I'm looking at various bodies with a high neck connection(a "Barbie"neck)to accommodate the wrap-around shirt.Pix to follow...PS

I would like to get Spock, but I am wondering what to do about boots? Are the Barbie, Ken as Kirk, boots any good?

I really hope you make an Uhura by the way. If a men's boot was readily available, i would honestly buy the whole crew, since the uniforms should be relatively simple to make.

Back