Star Trek: TOS/TWOK/Into Darkness head sculpts and uniforms

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Trek TOS head sculpts

I'm looking into some boots that Triad sell;essentially their own version of Cy-Girl boots.They have 2 low-heel styles that might just do the trick.Forget about the Barbie boots;they're designed to fit useless, undersized Mattel feet...PS

I’m going to be sculpting some boots.

To be as authentic as possible I’m now having the fabric printed in the correct colors sampled from the show costumes.

Also I’m going to look into having the rank braid embroidered in gold thread. The original braid was various colors of brown, yellow, and cream threads over metallic silver, unfortunately that look would be impossible to duplicate effectively in 1/6 so I think a silvery gold thread would look good.

Here’s a close up of the original:
origtrekbraid.jpg

If you need boot reference, I have great ref for the custom boots I had made for New Voyages!! I can take pics of them too, they're REAL pretty!!

I’m going to be sculpting some boots.

Nice, that solves that issue. How about accessories, namely the Trek trinity of communicator, tricorder and phaser?

Also I’m going to look into having the rank braid embroidered in gold thread.

I would be very interested in buying a yard of that if you get it made. I would like to make the outfits myself, since they are not overly complicated.

Nice, that solves that issue. How about accessories, namely the Trek trinity of communicator, tricorder and phaser?

I would be very interested in buying a yard of that if you get it made. I would like to make the outfits myself, since they are not overly complicated.

Check page 5 post #49 for the communicator WIP. And I have the Phaser almost complete I’ll post a picture of it later.

I haven’t made the decision about the braid yet. I may do it directly on the fabric I might do it separately. The embroidery shop I go to for this kind of thing stopped doing metallic thread, so I have to look elsewhere. I still may do it myself.

That braid is much more elaborate than I ever realized.I was thinking of taking a crack at the Phaser myself.Have a couple nice 1/1 examples to refer to, so why not?...PS

That communicator looks nice!

In unrelated Trek customising, I am working on 1:6 women's TNG jumpsuit (the duty unifrm) at the moment for Councillor Troi (using the Geometrics head).

stoked to see this project coming along Spenser! Your 3 Trek heads that I already have are amazing.

DSCN41272.jpg

Just a quick shot of Bones and Spock,with base coats applied.Kirk still awaits a body,though I've got one picked out(just need to buy).The head on the stick is my Tarkin sculpt, also base coated...PS

Spenser, your communicator looks most impressive. For folks needing that TOS phaser sooner than not, the 9" Playmates Trek one works exceptionally well with the 1:6 Trek figures.

oh yea, I forgot to post the phaser WIP...

phaserwip10232011.jpg

The phaser one will be removable and there will be magnets to hold it on the uniform (and before anyone thinks I’m ripping off someone else’s idea, I used magnets to hold on the weapons for my Logan’s Run figure https://prophouse2000.com/logan5.html I made six years ago.)

Also the phaser emitter will be cast in clear for an authentic look. I stll have some work to do on it.
The uniform fabric will be here later next week. And I’m still looking into the best way to do the braid

Last edited:

phaserwip10232011.jpg

The phaser one will be removable and there will be magnets to hold it on the uniform (and before anyone thinks I’m ripping off someone else’s idea, I used magnets to hold on the weapons for my Logan’s Run figure https://prophouse2000.com/logan5.html I made six years ago.)

Also the phaser emitter will be cast in clear for an authentic look. I stll have some work to do on it.
The uniform fabric will be here later next week. And I’m still looking into the best way to do the braid

Looking good! :rock

phaserwip10232011.jpg

Now that you brought it up.....
Any chance we'll be seeing any Logan's Run sculpts becoming available? Or his blaster?

this is all looking so fantastic ... so are you planning to make these available as separate components or as complete figures? (I already have your Kirk/Spock/McCoy heads)

Last edited:

this is all looking so fantastic ... so are you planning to make these available as separate components or as complete figures? (I already have your Kirk/Spock/McCoy heads)

Yes, this will be heads, outfits, and equipment only. You will have to provide your own bodies.

Nice looking Phaser.Looking like you've got the Trek props covered(at least for the Federation).Maybe I should look into Klingon gear...PS

Everything is looking good. The science blue came out a little light so that’s being taken care of now.

Back