Star Trek: TOS/TWOK/Into Darkness head sculpts and uniforms

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Trek TOS head sculpts

Spock looks ridiculously spot on. Mccoy looks good, something about Kirk though seems off to me.

Actually, the best of the three for me is McCoy.
Mine are being painted, hope to have them this week end!

I think this angle shows it the best. Plus in person it look pretty damned awesome.

kirkcomp.jpg

Pictures (at least the ones I took) definitely do these sculpts justice.
The Bones sculpt looks like a miniature DeForest Kelley. Spock's sculpt captures his expression perfectly and the Kirk sculpt is the best I have seen so far. If anyone is on the fence about getting these, it's time to get off the fence. You won't regret it.
These heads with Nanjin's uniform are a dream come true for me :yess:

Sorry about the update list, in my haste I didn't mark down some of the names of the sets that whent out so far, so if you get yours and it hasn’t been marked on the shipping list just shoot me a PM so I can mark it as shipped. Thanks!

Picked all three painted head sculpts today an finally put all three together with Nanjin's outfits and gear!
I hope to have a chance to take decent pics thsi week end to share with you guys.

nothing here yet, I think I wasn't one of the lucky ones that got shipped out.

Got Spenser's TOS sculpts. Very Good versions.
I will try tomorrow, if not then during the week, to do a complete photo comparison of Nanjins, Spenser's, SFM's, HeroHeads and AMT/Ertl's.

Brilliant, looking forward to them!
I'm still patiently waiting for SFM to release their Kirk...

Yeah, I haven't heard back on my last couple of inquiries. Maybe I'll start trying again next week.

Brilliant, looking forward to them!
I'm still patiently waiting for SFM to release their Kirk...

Last I heard it is still coming, along with a few others. The sculptors were knee deep in projects last time I spoke with them, but they were anxious to get the Kirk revamped.

Fantastic!
Very much looking forward to it.
I wish Nanjin would also consider a second series of TOS figures/uniforms with Scotty, Zulu and Tchekov.
SFM's Scotty sculpt is great, but kinda useless without the fantastic uniform and gear that Nanjin made.

Got Spenser's TOS sculpts. Very Good versions.
I will try tomorrow, if not then during the week, to do a complete photo comparison of Nanjins, Spenser's, SFM's, HeroHeads and AMT/Ertl's.

Definitely looking forward to your comparison shots :rock
Alan

Fantastic!
Very much looking forward to it.
I wish Nanjin would also consider a second series of TOS figures/uniforms with Scotty, Zulu and Tchekov.
SFM's Scotty sculpt is great, but kinda useless without the fantastic uniform and gear that Nanjin made.

That's why I passed on those figures, no Scotty uniform. Seems like there would be a market for just the uniforms and weapons. I would be much more inclined to purchase if that was the case.

Well, Star Trek has been awfully quiet lately, so here's a few pics to liven things up a bit!

My three Nanjin/Spenser Star Trek TOS figures:
DSC02688.jpg

Kirk
DSC02724.jpg

Spock
DSC02720.jpg

Bones
DSC02722.jpg

I'll post a couple more pics in Nanjin's thread as well.
All repaints as always courtesy of my friend Fabio Rubio (I hope the pics do his work justice).

Back