The Return of the DC Super Powers Collection - New for 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIBBY1957DOG

Super Freak
Reaction score
so it looks like these are hitting walmarts as of now ,couldn't see a thread or mention of this ,no official press release from mcfarlane just a leaked list and then turned up at retail

superman
looks close as you could get to the 1984 line
other than the cape and the positioning of the legs ,seems closer together than the originals slightly splayed stance ,even has the same s symbol as the original

EC4FA8DE-910D-4394-92D4-2788C7B35B93.jpeg.bb2676c16f0a07a7fcc30864e2996ca5.jpeg

515-C2-E9-C-2-ADF-4966-ACC8-B042-B2-FE1-B7-E.jpg

899-A674-C-BDE2-42-E7-80-FF-899-C3-A33-EA72.jpg

EAFF3-CCA-11-F6-4-F69-8-C0-F-558-C79-AE51-CF.jpg

0-A299512-F4-F4-46-C5-A6-E0-B55839-B5-F4-A8.jpg

Photo credit to Jonathan Chouest from a FB McFarlane group- The Batman and Robin are old figures.

batman
looks like a natural progression on the original figure
01-DC-Super-Powers-Batman-01.jpg.d537ca2aea1b5dfcddcdbb04da63845d.jpg

00.jpg.0dc632f1850d7d7d025410a845c71cf6.jpg

01-DC-Super-Powers-Batman-01.jpg.d537ca2aea1b5dfcddcdbb04da63845d.jpg

DC-Super-Powers-05.jpg.81e228d6fefa0b6e5f85bf4cb0bdd874.jpg

vintage figure in new batwing ,looks in scale to me

darkseid
,although not my prefered version ,but ill take it

can see a classic version down the line as it appears to have the trunks and the new 52 details look like paint and overlays
price point is supposedly $10 for the figures and $20 for the vehicles is pretty damn good in today's times. A kid could get a batman figure and the Batwing and it would be around the price for a !:12th scale figure.
what a time to be alive the return of mego original fab four super heroes from 1972 and super powers all in the same year lol

Last edited by a moderator:
And of course scalpers are selling these 10 dollar figures for 50-80 dollars. Scumbags

And of course scalpers are selling these 10 dollar figures for 50-80 dollars. Scumbags
Who is dumb enough to pay that? These will not be hard to find.

Super Powers were some of the first figures I bought in my early days of toy buying, before becoming a collector. For $10 each I'll easily pickup every single one that releases.

batwing review ,kenner darknight figure fitting at 4 mins
and mattel keaton batman fitting at 7 mins

this is only $20 hard to believe in this day and age

But did you find a PS5?
YES! Walmart has started selling PS5’s and Xbox Series X in store, physical! A child hood friend of mine who works at Walmart gave me a heads up that his store got 25 PS5 bundles with Horizon Forbidden West and that’s usually a good sign that the other stores around my area will stock them, I went the next day and talked to this lady in the electronics section that told me that they have some but needed manager approval and he was busy on another part of Walmart she legit told me she will hold one for me and to come back tomorrow.

I had zero faith on this but I curiously went back to check if they did had it and sure enough the lady remembered me and was like “they never sold the one I had put away for you” because she told me when I went there the day before they had 20 but I literally got the last one.

If you don’t get it now just be patient as every week they expect more shipments, especially close to sunday/mondays.
8BE9A3FF-997B-48E3-AF9C-055894D90F52.jpeg

I'm about as nostalgic for Super Powers figures as I am for anything. But I'm not really feeling these new ones. The originals had a different aesthetic quality. 3-dimensional versions of Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez's artwork. It wasn't just that they had a different level of simplicity, but a different stylistic take. Similar to the '89 Batman figures that used new molds (such as the dark blue Batman earlier in this thread), which never felt right next to Super Powers figures in my view. The new vehicles could be cool for some vintage collectors, but I was never that into the vehicles.

Did anyone had any luck getting the preorders from the walmart website? I kept having problems and then my luck they were out

quick heads up i saw this posted on froosh ,guy didnt mention the clearance price ,but the stickers tell the tale

not sure if its country wide ,,im in the uk so no chance of me finding out

but it may be useful to some on here if they price match other walmart stores

anyway i hope it helps some folks out

$4 is a steal

nETdH3N.jpg

jMoGPEx.jpg

Back