1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=382611&extra=&page=1
There will be three editions offered:

1. Standard Edition:
1x Figure - Purple Coat Joker Figure (Sculpted Hair) - $300

2. Premium Edition: 1x Purple Coat Joker Figure + 1x Interrogation Figure (Sculpted Hair Ver.) - $600

3. Deluxe Edition: 1x Purple Coat + 1x Interrogation (2x Rooted Hair Sculpts) - $1000 (3 day pre-order window starting from March 21st 2022)

Exclusive to China but retailers like OneSixthKit, KGHobby and others will carry it for US customers.

Release Date Estimate: Q4 2022

Pre-Order Links:

OneSixthKit: Search - inart joker

GianToys: Search: 3 results found for "inart* joker*"

KGHobby: Queen Studios InArt The Dark Knight The Joker 1/6 Collectible Figure Deluxe Edition

Specfictionshop: Joker (Rooted Hair DELUXE) InArt Two 1/6 Scale Figures

RHMoiWN.png

qmGXcbj.jpg

j4y8gu2.jpg

kK1sBQ1.jpg

UVogNNc.jpg

JhJaK9m.jpg

UlaW8Zn.jpg

UoFwAEm.jpg

UizfAMi.jpg

6GQWVEJ.jpg

q6I5xUi.jpg

7URAm1O.jpg

hz8Smeh.jpg

rG4P6Pb.jpg

VSqmDdL.jpg

MwnH9ao.jpg

lrbCiOH.jpg
cBbRRvm.jpg

xZQLiH6.png

Last edited:
JND and Queen.... hmmm.

Trying to figure out the characters on the sides.... don't look DC related.

Very curious how this all works, since other companies have licenses for all those as well.

Or maybe they're just 1/6 statues? They've done a few of those.

NEXT GENERATION SIXTH SCALE FIGURES

The team behind Queen Studios is proud to introduce the newest collectibles brand InArt!
InArt create incredibly realistic 1/6 scale collectible figures. Each figure includes switch-outs, accessories and full articulation.
Led by Chinese Artist Viper, the InArt team work closely with Queen Studios for production and distribution so you can be sure that these figures will live up to expectations and exceed the quality shown in prototypes.

Very curious how this all works, since other companies have licenses for all those as well.

The first photo says sixth scale figures. They're not statues. I don't recall any other studio having the license for a 1/6 TDK Joker figure besides Hot Toys (which they probably lost now).

The curious thing about this is

I suspect it's gotta be a regionality thing. You may very well only be able to order these out of Asian territories like some of DAMtoys stuff. So while HT might have the global 1/6 license, Queen might have something for a given region.

Also everything there is a Warner Brother property, right? So I wonder if HT's license has been altered. Jazzinc is making 1/6 vehicles, and now this...but all WB.

The first photo says sixth scale figures. They're not statues. I don't recall any other studio having the license for a 1/6 TDK Joker figure besides Hot Toys (which they probably lost now).
I mean they did suspiciously crank out a few rereleases out of nowhere...maybe the Nolan film license got snagged. Clearly they're still working with WB and DC for the rest of the films though.

I mean they did suspiciously crank out a few rereleases out of nowhere...maybe the Nolan film license got snagged. Clearly they're still working with WB and DC for the rest of the films though.
That's why I sort of think Hot Toys lost the license for Ledgers Joker in 1/6 scale form. They only reissued Bales Batman (Both 1/6 AND 1/4) last year and then never reissued any Ledgers Joker, which would have made sense for them to do.

Not surprised if Queens Studio snagged it out from under them.

Queen Studios will push the prices double or triple then Hot Toys will follow suit like they did with statues.

That's why I sort of think Hot Toys lost the license for Ledgers Joker in 1/6 scale form. They only reissued Bales Batman last year and then never reissued Ledgers Joker, which would have made sense for them to do.

Not surprised if Queens Studio snagged it out from under them.
I don't see why Ledger or the TDK joker would be separate from the TDK license as a whole though. Most modern films have likenesses for merch as a bundled deal for actors and actresses as they sign on. Unless there's some change to that after so many years since a film release, which is something that'd be well beyond my understand of licensing laws.

Question now is, do I keep my HT Bale PO, or do I cancel and hope they do a Batman themselves? I'd only be posing him with this Joker, so I'd rather keep the two figures looking as closely related as it gets. Either way, I'm excited for this.

Queen Studios will push the prices double or triple then Hot Toys will follow suit.
That's another fear too. However if they really do implement some new techniques, it could change the game.

I don't see why Ledger or the TDK joker would be separate from the TDK license as a whole though. Most modern films have likenesses for merch as a bundled deal for actors and actresses as they sign on. Unless there's some change to that after so many years since a film release, which is something that'd be well beyond my understand of licensing laws.
It's hard to say for sure and not something we'll ever know 100%.

I just think it's weird that Hot Toys went through the effort to reissue BOTH their 1/6 Bale Batman + 1/4 Bale Batman but then not reissue a single Ledger Joker? Something that would sell like hot cakes? Just seems odd unless if something was not allowing them too, like this license.

It's hard to say for sure and not something we'll ever know 100%.

I just think it's weird that Hot Toys went through the effort to reissue BOTH their 1/6 Bale Batman + 1/4 Bale Batman but then not reissue a single Ledger Joker? Just seems odd unless if something was not allowing them too, like this license.
I assumed they kept him for last. They did Two-Face, then the Bales, then Catwoman. I figured Bane would follow and then Ledger. But this is interesting indeed.

Last edited:

Exactly. I think the reason Queen is able to make one is a regional thing and that they are only allowed to sell it in certain countries, just like all their items actually. For instance, it's my understanding that they don't have distribution rights in the US which is why if you're a US customer, you need to either buy from another country, or get it from a shop in the US that is importing it (Like SpecFiction and BBTS I believe).

The fact that LOTR characters and a Dune character are also teased I think solidifies that they have select regional licenses for these properties/characters rather than a world wide, sole license as Asmus also has the LOTR license and we know AugToys has the Dune license.

Based on that, I don't think Hot Toys lost the TDK/Ledger's license. Especially considering that JND is also said to be making 1/6 figures and they've only been making DC collectibles so far. It could also just be that Hot Toys and any other company are no longer allowed to be the ONLY license holder for these characters at least for WB properties considering all those teased characters fall under WB licenses.

Last edited:
I imagine the starting prices will be $375 for these early releases then push to $400 & above as they get more popular

Aren't JND doing 1/6 figures as well? It's about time HT had some decent competition.

Back