The Return of the DC Super Powers Collection - New for 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just saw this posted dropcube with green lantern ,looks hopeful that this line continues and is more accessible in the future

AAB12686-D0-C3-4-CDF-B346-6-B3-B0047-B0-F2.jpg

Green-Lantern-01.jpg.45d75e3879df2dfcd8dfc61a441f3fc7.jpg

Green-Lantern-03.jpg.7bdc8f6ad0afe628dde7b8733e36b881.jpg

copied and pasted from tni

Posted 4 hours ago
Following up on the story we shared with you earlier this evening, we now thanks to Lester Fipps have a better look at the new 5" DC Super Powers Wave 2 John Stewart Green Lantern figure from McFarlane Toys that has started hitting Walmart stores. This one was found in Lumberton, NC.

The figure is part of the second wave that will also include The Batman Who Laughs and DC Rebirth The Flash, however on the cardback only the products from wave 1 are featured. Since the other two figures in the second wave have yet to be spotted, it seems Stewart has started shipping early with the other wave 1 products which includes Hush Batman, Superman and New 52 Darkseid. The vehicles in the line include the Batwing and Supermobile.

This entire line is exclusive to Walmart stores here in the US. The wave 1 products have been hitting physical stores for several weeks now, but this is the first we are seeing of the John Stewart. Still no word when any of these will be made available online.

they were pictured Gainesville Florida apparently

and looks like John comes with a lantern power battery, so accessories are possible at this price point!

52263748259_e8cc8e8817_k.jpg

looks like the newer figures may be closer in size to the originals

supes and bats being bigger may be a consequence of the rushed production

What the hell, they have huge displays of these and I havent even seen one at my stores. I HATE STORE EXCLUSIVES!!!!

just saw this posted ,green lantern is now on walmart on line apparently JayC
JayCGrand Master
Admin
Interests:Collecting action figures.
Author
Posted 18 hours ago
The DC Super Powers 5" John Stewart Green Lantern figure from McFarlane Toys is now currently listed on the Walmart website. The figure like we have seen before lets you add it to the cart but not check out, but hopefully that will change soon.

This figure is a Walmart exclusive. Thanks to Curtis for the heads up.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/784...mpaign_id=9383

What the hell, they have huge displays of these and I havent even seen one at my stores. I HATE STORE EXCLUSIVES!!!!
On the plus Side i look forward to these store exclusives, look at how they are arriving in masse! Compared to how they released the turtles last year with like only 1 of each figure it’s a big welcome since we all can snag 1 or 2!

not sure mate as im in the uk and dont have any walmarts but im guessing if they have them in store you can point out they are $20 on their website and they should price adjust match for you ,i read thats what others are doing anyway
good luck i hope you get fixed up

flash looks great other than the oversized wings

and looks to scale well with some of the original figures

SP.Flash.1.jpg.5354026d815465472b0eb32305e5500a.jpg
SP.Flash.3.jpg.ca4da35ad0c9b4ac5728a7e2a73aacb8.jpg
SP.Flash.4.jpg.bd11e7d7567d76925368ece9fcf0ebe1.jpg
SP.Flash.6.jpg.b6f62fd2cbf0b88a143632313c85cfe6.jpg

Last edited:
How accurate is Brickseek? Because all my stores are now showing the Batwing is $30. It was only $20 last week.
update to my price match suggestion ,just saw this posted as a way forward
hope this helps

" As is I had to have WalMart price match their own website to get the Batwing for $20, and it had to show as available at their store on the website/app before they would honor the difference. Was ridiculous when compared to Target."

How accurate is Brickseek? Because all my stores are now showing the Batwing is $30. It was only $20 last week.
Brickseek is great however the deals are only for certain locations. You have to navigate the site to make sure you’re at the right one or even utilize the stores barcode scanner in the stores app to first confirm the price.

just saw this posted on the fwoosh forums ,if true may point the direction and intention for this line
plus batman 89

MrTheFrog
I wish I had super powers
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:12 am

Hey everyone,
I almost never post but I’m super excited about this Super Powers reboot and I’ve had the opportunity to speak with a McFarlane representative recently. They had a couple interesting things to share about the Super Powers line:

-There are no plans to re-release the original Kenner figures (the way that Hasbro has with the Star Wars Retro Collection). They said if that’s what people are expecting then we’re gonna be disappointed. We will continue to see characters/designs from that era (like the Wave 1 Superman) but they will be all new sculpts.

-Everyone at McFarlane is super excited about the line and they come to the different message boards to see which characters we want, so keep those lists coming.

-They asked me what character I was hoping to get the most, and I said an 80’s era Catwoman. They replied with “I can’t tell you if she’s coming or not, but I can tell you that you’re gonna be a happy man.”

-I also expressed interest in some of the Hanna-Barbera characters like the Wonder Twins. He said that they’re definitely not slated for the 1st year, but that they are well aware that a lot of adult collectors are hoping for them to show up to fill holes in the original line.

-Unrelated to Super Powers we talked about the 89 Batman line that they’re gonna be doing. Apparently they’re still working to secure the Nicholson likeness rights. It’s available but expensive, and they’re trying to weigh whether the price they’ll have to pay will be recouped in sales. Personally, aside from the 7” movie line, I’d love to see the movie characters sprinkled into the Super Powers line the way that Toybiz did in the 90’s.

Hopefully this line continues McFarlane’s track record of constant new figures showing up in the marketplace!
-Artie

FeZoCcgXEAEi-tC

FeZoGDxWIAElywY

looking good ,and good for batgirl and supergirl having capes under their hair if they get round to doing them ,if wonderwoman is any indicator

Finally picked up Supes and SuperMobile. I prefer this mobile over the original with the comic accurate ridiculous fist

317209331_694077965406021_6659926351812346485_n.jpg

Back