SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got it, liked it..started to mess around with it..
11131966_10204018804845604_2071643197_n.jpg

11096782_10204017693457820_432547343_n.jpg

not a bad figure at all..just needed some lovin'

Nice Work spider is this your 2nd bash or are you making your own? I thought sideshow did a great job on the suit very strong no snagging or worry's on posing.

just my 1st one..i was gonna do 2..but decided that i really didnt need two....the body/cape/boots/hands/HS are all SSC dc supes..i just gave him a new suit and new trunks...oh and emblem(need to attach it still) and thanks!

Cool wish i had more guts to brave modding figure's. I like keeping mine as is released ,but if have xtras i do my best to use every xtra headsculpt instead leaving in a box. Look forward to more pic's.

for anyone considering changing or modifying the body, here is a photo comparison:

The batman is on a Kaustic kp01 heroic muscle - I love the muscle definition on both the chest and arms and the hips does not flare too wildly but the thighs were just a tad slim for my taste.

The Kingdom Come Superman is on a Kaustic KP02 heroic muscle. - The uppder body is exactly as the KP01 but the waist is flared a little to accommodate the new muscled thighs which I think is a better improvement but I did not like how the flared waist looks. The ankles are flared as well, so I need to grind it down to fit the boots. On this costume the waist does not look too bad, in fact, I think it makes him look more wider and barrel-chested which is perfect for the older Supes look. No alterations were made for this costume from the DC Direct line.

Finally, My final version. It looks perfect to my eyes and my picture really does it an injustice but the proportions and outlines seems just right. All I did was switch the waist from the KP01 to the KP 02 body, which basically involved 2 screws. Again, I had to grind down the ankles of the KP02 body to get the boots in place.

I hope this provides some useful information.

df917da3-452b-4a36-8189-cabfb9b260f8_zpska09m1hz.jpg

for anyone considering changing or modifying the body, here is a photo comparison:

The batman is on a Kaustic kp01 heroic muscle - I love the muscle definition on both the chest and arms and the hips does not flare too wildly but the thighs were just a tad slim for my taste.

The Kingdom Come Superman is on a Kaustic KP02 heroic muscle. - The uppder body is exactly as the KP01 but the waist is flared a little to accommodate the new muscled thighs which I think is a better improvement but I did not like how the flared waist looks. The ankles are flared as well, so I need to grind it down to fit the boots. On this costume the waist does not look too bad, in fact, I think it makes him look more wider and barrel-chested which is perfect for the older Supes look. No alterations were made for this costume from the DC Direct line.

Finally, My final version. It looks perfect to my eyes and my picture really does it an injustice but the proportions and outlines seems just right. All I did was switch the waist from the KP01 to the KP 02 body, which basically involved 2 screws. Again, I had to grind down the ankles of the KP02 body to get the boots in place.

I hope this provides some useful information.

View attachment 176811

looks good but are you sure that is a KP01 and a KP02? I have a superman on a KP03A and a MOS on a KP02XXL body. I bulked up the thighs on the KP03 Superman. The chest covers aren't the same. I'll post a picture later if you wish.

I took away some of the girth from my Superman's waist and snapped a quick pic of him on the top shelf of my Detolf.
That allows the shorts on Tony's outfit to lay flatter. My Superman was starting to look like he one too many Big Macs.
Also added Ashkan's great Jim Lee belt to my Batman.

16414876783_8315369b22_b.jpg

looks good but are you sure that is a KP01 and a KP02? I have a superman on a KP03A and a MOS on a KP02XXL body. I bulked up the thighs on the KP03 Superman. The chest covers aren't the same. I'll post a picture later if you wish.
Pretty sure, i got it from the kaustik website. The kp03 is an athletik build and noticeably narrower on the chest and thigh area.

Congrats on the customs everyone!
I have to say, though, that although most of the customs certainly add a good amount of muscle to Supes (As he should be), at the same time, a lot of them have a ... bumpy?... look to them.
Although I'd prefer SSC Supes' to have been more muscular out of the box, after seeing the customs, or Supes on a Hot Toys (or otherwise) muscle body, I can actually understand why they went with the body that they did...

Anyone have an extra SS superman body for sale? I got one from Spider but I need 2 more. I can buy or we can trade 1 for 1 for a Sideshow Batman body ( I have 2). I can also trade for a Hot Toys Man of Steel body (I have 1).

Edit: Bodies found

Last edited:
Anyone have an extra SS superman body for sale? I got one from Spider but I need 2 more. I can buy or we can trade 1 for 1 for a Sideshow Batman body ( I have 2). I can also trade for a Hot Toys Man of Steel body (I have 1).

ill take you up on the bats for supes ssc swap ,pm sent

I'm thinking of getting this Supes - regarding his red pants, is anyone offering a custom made to where the belt sits where it should, as opposed to SS version? Want it, but those red pants are all wrong with SS version.

07005e4af1d9be72989dd029b7c3855d.jpg

If your able to find a spare hot toys reeve belt and shorts it should work out well. I just got a loose pair in the mail today and I like how they look on him.

Back