SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Straight out of the box, minimal futzing:

superman_zpskuc8dpuv.jpg

I thought I would mod it but it's great as is.

Mine should be here in two days. I can't wait to finally see it in person. I have to admit I was a bit scared after the first pictures of it came out and cancelled my order. After seeing a few more I had to pull the trigger and get it.

It's a great figure, Magnus, even unmodded as Jabba confirmed. You'll love it! Such a shame so many lousy pictures surfaced at the outset.

Yes, it's a beautiful fig. Somehow, most of the pics make him look skinnier than he actually is. But in hand, the proportions are really decent and colors are vibrant. Actually, even if Ithe overall quality is inferior to the HT Supes (damn, I've just criticized a company. As per new rules, I will report myself!:)), I do prefer the color and material used for this Supes. It's quite sturdy too. The other day, I snagged it inadvertently. Well by just stretching the fabric, the snag has just completely disappeared. Really a great figure!

Straight out of the box, minimal futzing:

View attachment 174575

I thought I would mod it but it's great as is.

The head actually looks really good in your photo. It is slightly oversized, but I think it's his jawline face on that makes it look bigger.

Supes_head_Fix.jpg

Original left - slight tweak to jawline on the right... much better imo

The thing that bothers me more than anything else with this figure now is how his belt sits lower that the top of his pants... i'm sure that's probable a simple fix though.

There was a lot of talk about his head being oversized, but in hand it's a non issue. I'm also quite happy that he's not on the same body as Batman. Somehow the slender body looks better and makes him look more elegant in a flying pose. The only thing bringing this figure down are the belt loops and a cheap flimsy belt.

The jaw is noticeable in how wide it is.
I think Tony thinned it down first, and i used the same technique on mine at the weekend.

It does help the head look a lot more normal and less bulky compared to the neck.
It's an easy mod for anyone with a dremel(It's all done on the inside, but the results speak for themselves).

AF8176A3-F505-4F72-8B5F-713B980E35FA.jpg

C21F26A8-F862-4E9F-AC1C-E4FAEEC34513.jpg

Sideshow capes are really impressive, particularly on Supes and Bats. I love how the cape hangs on your shot, Jabba. Beautiful picture. Reminds me of how Frank Quitely drew the cape on All-Star Superman.

Yep, the Bats and Supes capes are the first ones I've never had the urge to modify or replace. SS did an exceptional job.

I remember seeing Tony's sculpt mod to reduce the jawline but that sharp, wide jaw is one of my favorite things about it. I think he looks really tough and comic book like with it. I can see how some wouldn't though.

Sideshow capes are really impressive, particularly on Supes and Bats. I love how the cape hangs on your shot, Jabba. Beautiful picture. Reminds me of how Frank Quitely drew the cape on All-Star Superman.

The cape on Batman is outstanding – not got Supes yet, but i'm warming to the idea.

I never did like the "snap & tuck" approach to the cape, so I removed the snaps on the cape & suit and put small double sticky pads on the square ends of the cape and then tucked it under the shirt. Now it lays really well and it won't pop out from under the shirt if you look at it wrong. :wink1:

I picked up a DC direct returns suit cheap ,but just put the xtra head on body no peg temporarily until get a new body to fill the returns suit for my 2nd superman. The suit has a bunch of stains from something but oh well only spent 30 for xtra suit to kitbash ,anyway quick pic's on dc direct body.

Looks good. All those DCD SR suits have been bleached with sunlight.
Get the suit off the body(I can go through the steps if you need them), and then re-dye the suit blue. I have done that with a few of those suits.

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_3461_zps3ac5b280.jpg

photo-7.jpg

Very cool i will when get new body for him and very cool i can maybe save the suit and dye it back hopefully. Either that or battle damage it if all fail's. Great pic's Barry :clap

Here is my Superman with Tony's suit:
16772403749_13e11f496f_b.jpg

16751244447_4597853525_b.jpg

And next to Batman with Tony's cape
16957670861_8ceeab0839_b.jpg

The body might still need a little work but I am very pleased with the suit.

Back