SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can someone that has the v2 snake eyes visor head put it on the superman body and post a pic please i would like to see how it looks before i go buying the superman body or refer me to a body like that

Medicoms looks awful all around.

SS's figure is already made and out. Head size is what it is. :dunno

Mod em and move along.

superman_ss_01.jpg

But not everyone has your skills E.

Nope, not for Superman. Measure it and see. You would have to use the Heroic one since he is Superman. Plus you bulk his body up so the head looks a little better.

prop_var.gif

Regardless of the math involved all I'm saying is I'd much rather have the slightly larger headed SS Supes in my pic rather than the pinheaded Supes in Durable's pic. It's all personal opinion when it comes to these comic book characters and the obviously unrealistic body proportions anyways. Now when it comes to real world characters I'm all about the proper proportions.

Yes, please. :lecture

image.jpg

No, sir. No. No thank you.

image.jpg

Comic book proportions are not unrealistic unless they're over-stylized like drawn by McGuinness, Liefeld or such, otherwise they're not unrealistic, they're idealistic or "heroic" as it says in the chart above, but not unrealistic.

It's all about correct and incorrect, the medicom head may have bad sculpt and barebones paint, but it's the right size compared to it's body, the sideshow head and body proportions are simply not right for Superman as it comes right out of the box, you may say it's "pin head" if you're already biased towards the disproportionate SS, but the MC one is in fact the right size.

Superman1.jpg

Well, today I made a very simple mod to my Supes.

I had started to do like Evilface, only I used air hardening clay instead of putty because I wanted all my mods to be reversible. I was only half happy with the result. The legs, particularly looked good when seen one way and bad the other.

So after having him like that for a few days, I stripped everything off and decided to take a very close look at the body.

All in all, the proportions out of the box are fine. The legs are good, the arms too. No I realized that the only thing I really didn't like and were throwing it off were the sides of his chest. Not enough of a V shape. Take a look at Gapar's pic to see what I mean.

So I decided to modify only that part. The problem was that if I enlarged that area, it would restrict the arm articulation (just like it does on CR Supes).

And today, I found the solution. Simple, easy, and everyone can do it!

Now, I've put a zipper in the back of my suit, but I'm pretty sure you can do it without even opening the suit.

So that solution? Simple! Take some of that grey foam that comes with figures in the trays and with an exacto, cut two small V shaped pieces. Insert then under the arms and voilà! Supes is suddenly more buff. And if you don't like it, just take them out. Simple as that, but makes a world of difference. And since they're squishy, they don't impair movement. I'll post pics tomorrow!

I wish I could mod this, but realistically I'd end up destroying a $200 figure :lol

It is growing on me just to have him and Bats together but the price is keeping me at bay. Even with a $20 coupon available.

Now that is tempting :lol

This might be an end of the month purchase if I can nail it for $160 shipped. A good deal is my kryptonite.

While I was not sold on Superman out of the box, he truly has potential to be a great figure.
Below is my work in progress. Just waiting for a new suit from Tony.
First, I added width to his neck by putting a slit in the top of his neck and adding aluminum foil until I was happy with it. Man of tin :D

I did a slight head mod to narrow the jaw just a little, and push in the ears slightly. Used a hair dryer and then used cold water.

Then I painted the sides of his heads just to get rid of the straight lines on hair.

I sculpted muscles a couple of weeks ago like other did but might have went overboard. I tried on a Mattel suit and it looked too built up in the chest and too skinny at the waist. Reminded me of Medicom. The wife said he looked too bumpy.
Taking inspiration from the art of Alex Ross, I wrapped his torso in in cotton to give him a fuller and smoother look.
You can even see a little cotton sticking out of chest on the picture below. Didn't bother to fully tuck in his pants leg since it is only a temporary suit.
He really looks like he belongs next to Batman now and will show pictures of the both of them once he is completed.

Here is my work in progress. I think I am done with the mods and just waiting for his new suit.
16685170657_150f1fba1e_b.jpg

That looks great, Alan! And, yeah, I can picture an Alex Ross sculpt on that and it looking like a nice JUSTICE version of Supes.

Okay, so here's the mod I was talking about. Just two V shaped pieces of foam inserted on both sides of his chest and now, I won't change a thing.

Sorry for the crappy IPad 2 resolution... The intent wasn't to make a good photo anyway, just show a quick and easy mod...
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well, today I made a very simple mod to my Supes.

I had started to do like Evilface, only I used air hardening clay instead of putty because I wanted all my mods to be reversible. I was only half happy with the result. The legs, particularly looked good when seen one way and bad the other.

So after having him like that for a few days, I stripped everything off and decided to take a very close look at the body.

All in all, the proportions out of the box are fine. The legs are good, the arms too. No I realized that the only thing I really didn't like and were throwing it off were the sides of his chest. Not enough of a V shape. Take a look at Gapar's pic to see what I mean.

So I decided to modify only that part. The problem was that if I enlarged that area, it would restrict the arm articulation (just like it does on CR Supes).

And today, I found the solution. Simple, easy, and everyone can do it!

Now, I've put a zipper in the back of my suit, but I'm pretty sure you can do it without even opening the suit.

So that solution? Simple! Take some of that grey foam that comes with figures in the trays and with an exacto, cut two small V shaped pieces. Insert then under the arms and voilà! Supes is suddenly more buff. And if you don't like it, just take them out. Simple as that, but makes a world of difference. And since they're squishy, they don't impair movement. I'll post pics tomorrow!

If you are just after the V shape, sculpt some lats right on the back sides of the ribs like the superman image above your post. That would give you the V shape and not hinder forward or side arm movement any.

That looks great, Alan! And, yeah, I can picture an Alex Ross sculpt on that and it looking like a nice JUSTICE version of Supes.

Looks good. Rocco's new superman head would look great on that.

Thanks guys.
While it could be slightly smaller, I really like the look of the SSC head. I think I will keep that one for now and be satisfied with a Classic Superman with an Alex Ross vibe.

16K: Your mod looks nice.

My favorite mod is still by onethousandmasks with the Frankensteined Batman and Superman bodies. I was too afraid to try it and couldn't afford to waste a body as well.

Sideshow really need to make that Batman body (with a detailed neck in flesh tone) available and if they don't someone else needs to fill that Superhero body void.

Are you listening ACI or Kaustic Plastic?

Back