SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same. How did you shorten the legs on a Phicen body????

Looks fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I measured the length of the legs of the Wolverine body, from crotch to bottom of the leg and cut the silicone rubber off at the end, exposing the steel rod that is the leg. I measured the length of the foot peg and cut the rod to that length with bolt cutters. I then used one of the pegs that came with the sideshow body, cut it in half then dremeled each half like tube that would fit the leg rod and glued it.

This what the end of the leg rod looks like. Sorry for the bad picture. Hope it helps a little.

mcn6Os.jpg

Last edited:
That is pretty intense.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Lol, it actually was pretty easy.

The only thing I forgot to mention is that you might have to remove more silicone from the lower leg. The M35 leg is thicker than the SS one, so the upper part boot tends to push down on the boot popping the foot off. Once I cut a little more it fixed the problem.

very clever and you don't lose the aesthetic that the SS figure has which sometimes happens with these body swaps. This is one of the few times I've seen the M35 used on a SS figure where it doesn't look like the costume is being stretched beyond belief to try to fit that body.

Yeah, I think most of the SS body swap looks terrible because the outfits on other figures simply aren't tailored for an M35, but this looks fantastic. The only downside is that you lose a little personality in the arms, but that Phicen articulation has got to be worth it.

Thank you everyone, glad you guys liked it.

Btw, I just realized I posted my Wolverine in the wrong thread. :lol

Should I leave it as is or copy the information over to the 1/6 Tiger Striped Wolverine Thread?

I?d copy and paste. It?s good to see for both figures if anyone is interested in a swap.

onethousandmasks, my friend you knocked it out of the park. Love the custom Wolverine on the M35 body. Stealing that for sure buddy. Great work and thanks for posting it.

Does anyone have any reference pics of the phicen m30 next to the m35? It looks almost the same but I?m wondering if there is a height difference?

Does anyone have any reference pics of the phicen m30 next to the m35? It looks almost the same but I?m wondering if there is a height difference?

simple google search will answer that for ya :wink1: M34 is the same as M35 for the most part except M35 has larger thighs. M30 was the original male phicen body if I remember correctly and is way undersized for standard 12" figures (as you can see below) but could be good for wolverine to save you from cutting the legs on the M35

HTB1TTZgXET1gK0jSZFrq6ANCXXad.jpg

simple google search will answer that for ya :wink1: M34 is the same as M35 for the most part except M35 has larger thighs. M30 was the original male phicen body if I remember correctly and is way undersized for standard 12" figures (as you can see below) but could be good for wolverine to save you from cutting the legs on the M35

View attachment 510135

Thank you. That?s exactly what I was trying to find out. I found that picture but wasn?t sure what the differences between the 34 and the 35 were. I didn?t want to move forward with a purchase until I found out. I did just find this pic on Gianttoys website.
1f703869f43441841f6c3e1f3160881d.jpg

It clearly shows all the subtle differences in all these bodies.
c2921202c6d682af86aa88cf846718c0.jpg

That?s quite a bit of difference in waistline, thighs, chest, and arm length. Not sure how the Wolverine suit would look on a slimmer body than the 35 since we already have evidence for that. Decisions decisions.

View attachment 510135

Thanks for sharing the information and the image...very helpful

Anymore pics you can share comparing your Wolverine to other figures would greatly be appreciated onethousandmasks.

A couple months back, a guy in one of the FB groups put the M35 skin on the M30 skeleton. It really had the stocky exaggerated comic musculature of comic Wolverine.

That's a good reference AFM :clap

Thank you. That's exactly what I was trying to find out. I found that picture but wasn?t sure what the differences between the 34 and the 35 were. I didn?t want to move forward with a purchase until I found out. I did just find this pic on Gianttoys website.
(pic)
It clearly shows all the subtle differences in all these bodies.
(pic)
That's quite a bit of difference in waistline, thighs, chest, and arm length. Not sure how the Wolverine suit would look on a slimmer body than the 35 since we already have evidence for that. Decisions decisions.
Yea, me personally, I'd probably just go for Onethousandmasks' version as scary as it might be chopping down the legs. It just looks too good that way IMO
A couple months back, a guy in one of the FB groups put the M35 skin on the M30 skeleton. It really had the stocky exaggerated comic musculature of comic Wolverine.
"skin" that just sounds weird lol Sort of like terminator stuff

Back