SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello there

some pics of the TNS Figures head on my 1/6 brown Sideshow Wolverine.

185504212_767767833934865_11310822751384315_n.jpg

184174215_1464183730591222_4899170897184868949_n.jpg

185154140_1070949423397630_7328547504458221798_n.jpg

one more pic!

I replaced the Sideshow belt buckle, I found it distracting... I hope you guys like this changes.

185305901_763068627725677_2233615538216263521_n(1).jpg

Finally opened mine last week. I don’t really mind the body despite all the arms having extremely limited poseability. The odd padded muscle suit gives off some decent enough outlines through the suit and the single piece arms looks great if your pose accommodates them. It’s only the knee joints that seem to want to eat up the fabric to let you know they’re down there.

The articulated arms don’t look like they’re good for much as the joint peg is such a hideous, protruding block and the fleshy cover on mine was mangled before I’d even taken it out of the packaging. Doesn’t seem to be any clearance for it. Is that common?
8D080FDE-07A9-46FA-93E9-10A659880833.jpeg

The body swaps do all look pretty sweet but I’ve never been that fussy over joints and the bland facial expression they opted for here isn’t really suited to dynamic poses or Wolverines patented berserker rage.
That may be the biggest let down for me along with the sheer laziness of Sideshow stands just being plain hexagons since Magneto.

Despite the issues, it’s an essential Wolverine to add to the ensemble. Fingers crossed for a female next or something wild like an all fur beast!
1C3244FB-1991-402D-9801-5FC99818A129.jpeg

E697702B-9190-4693-8105-92E109D0A5FA.jpeg

Here are a few pics of mine. Also threw in some pics of my other Wolverines/Logans

Attachments

• IMG_20210603_154056335.jpg
    IMG_20210603_154056335.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20210613_220816297.jpg
    IMG_20210613_220816297.jpg
    945.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20210603_154121903.jpg
    IMG_20210603_154121903.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20210603_154111716.jpg
    IMG_20210603_154111716.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20210609_173336950.jpg
    IMG_20210609_173336950.jpg
    896.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20210609_173326991_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210609_173326991_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 52
Are the claws meant to be magnetised? If so, mine are so insanely weak that the slightest nudge has them popping out of the hands. They’re practically being held in by the tip of the glove sleeve alone.

Finally opened mine last week. I don’t really mind the body despite all the arms having extremely limited poseability. The odd padded muscle suit gives off some decent enough outlines through the suit and the single piece arms looks great if your pose accommodates them. It’s only the knee joints that seem to want to eat up the fabric to let you know they’re down there.

The articulated arms don’t look like they’re good for much as the joint peg is such a hideous, protruding block and the fleshy cover on mine was mangled before I’d even taken it out of the packaging. Doesn’t seem to be any clearance for it. Is that common?
View attachment 528239
The body swaps do all look pretty sweet but I’ve never been that fussy over joints and the bland facial expression they opted for here isn’t really suited to dynamic poses or Wolverines patented berserker rage.
That may be the biggest let down for me along with the sheer laziness of Sideshow stands just being plain hexagons since Magneto.

Despite the issues, it’s an essential Wolverine to add to the ensemble. Fingers crossed for a female next or something wild like an all fur beast!
View attachment 528240
View attachment 528241
Mine had such sharp edges in that exact elbow joint I actually pricked my thumb and exactly two drops of blood popped out. And where do you those two tiny drop landed? You guessed it! Right on Wolverine’s bright yellow chest. And that is the story of how I had to return my exclusive figure and SOL on the bone claws because he was out of stock by that point. Been holding off on picking up the regular but will eventually. I honestly probably never would have used the bone claws so it wasn’t a huge loss but it was more the point of the thing. I would expect the claws to be sharp, but the elbow joint? That was a first for me in my 30+ Years of playing with toys.

25618844-EDFD-43-F8-AC30-EB03437-F51-DB.jpg

@Buttmunch That’s definitely the most unique reason for returning a figure I’ve seen to date. Quite fitting that’s it’s a Wolverine that would cut you as well.
I wouldn’t say the bone claws aren’t a huge loss. I’d never want Wolverine in the Tiger Stripes costume without adamantium claws.
I haven’t been particularly fussed about any of the X-Men exclusive accessories yet- which I’m glad about as I don’t buy from Sideshow.

@Buttmunch That's crazy! I've had some flashing issues with some of my recent SS figures but none that were sharp.

@Chopper Face Same for the most part. The only EX of the Xmen figures I've wanted is Cyclops' sizzling visor which I was thankfully able to obtain. I sort of wanted the Magneto EX but it's not a must. It's just a cool display option just like the bone claws for Wolverine. I rarely displayed the bone claws on my old HT wolverine.

Yeah it was equal parts baffling and embarrassing. Luckily the Sideshow rep had a good laugh at it too. I mean it’s the claws we would have expected to draw blood, not the elbow. It was the weirdest thing. It poked me just hard enough for those two drops to pop out and then closed right up. Probably wouldn’t have paid it much attention at all had they not landed on the figure. I was like “Are you kidding me?!” I still can hardly believe it. I actually ended up putting on latex gloves afterwards because I got the Astonishing Cyclops that day too and wasn’t taking any more chances after that lol

Mine had such sharp edges in that exact elbow joint I actually pricked my thumb and exactly two drops of blood popped out. And where do you those two tiny drop landed? You guessed it! Right on Wolverine’s bright yellow chest. And that is the story of how I had to return my exclusive figure and SOL on the bone claws because he was out of stock by that point. Been holding off on picking up the regular but will eventually. I honestly probably never would have used the bone claws so it wasn’t a huge loss but it was more the point of the thing. I would expect the claws to be sharp, but the elbow joint? That was a first for me in my 30+ Years of playing with toys.

25618844-EDFD-43-F8-AC30-EB03437-F51-DB.jpg
Maybe something is wrong with me but I would never return a figure for damage I caused myself.

Maybe something is wrong with me but I would never return a figure for damage I caused myself.
You would be 100% right if it was the point of the blades that caused his injury but since it was a protruding sharp point where there should not be one that caused his injury he had every right to return it.

Lets say you go to a restaurant and you sit in a brand new chair they just put out that has a hidden sharp point just underneath the cushion caused during a manufacturing mishap and it stabs you drawing blood you have every right to make a stink about it.

Last edited:
Normally I’m the same way. If I’m pushing a joint too hard and beak something that’s on me. Jye is right though, there should have been nothing dangerous about those elbows. I have hundreds of figures so I’m hardly a novice with them. So it really was embarrassing that it happened at all. Those elbow joints are kind of locked up tight and you’ve got to place your hands carefully to apply pressure to free up the joints and get them moving without putting the wrong pressure on the joint where you could snap it. So there was basically a hidden sharp flashing piece of plastic that revealed itself once the joint moves that got me. So it really was a manufacturing defect. I was hoping they could supply me with a replacement outfit but they were all out replacement parts. And I just wasn’t sure how easily blood would get out of that bright yellow spandex so I accepted the return they offered, which I honestly didn’t think they’d offer because it was technically me that ‘damaged’ the item. I don’t know if it was an attempt to avoid a frivolous law suit or what, but I felt it was a fair compromise. I still plan on ordering a regular edition some day but it was certainly an experience I never expected to have before.

Normally I’m the same way. If I’m pushing a joint too hard and beak something that’s on me. Jye is right though, there should have been nothing dangerous about those elbows. I have hundreds of figures so I’m hardly a novice with them. So it really was embarrassing that it happened at all. Those elbow joints are kind of locked up tight and you’ve got to place your hands carefully to apply pressure to free up the joints and get them moving without putting the wrong pressure on the joint where you could snap it. So there was basically a hidden sharp flashing piece of plastic that revealed itself once the joint moves that got me. So it really was a manufacturing defect. I was hoping they could supply me with a replacement outfit but they were all out replacement parts. And I just wasn’t sure how easily blood would get out of that bright yellow spandex so I accepted the return they offered, which I honestly didn’t think they’d offer because it was technically me that ‘damaged’ the item. I don’t know if it was an attempt to avoid a frivolous law suit or what, but I felt it was a fair compromise. I still plan on ordering a regular edition some day but it was certainly an experience I never expected to have before.
Not only have you given this company a ton of business before this incident the way they handled this incident just insured that you will continue to give them a ton of business for years to come.

WIN WIN

Malgus too quick to judge.

Yea you definitely weren’t in the wrong here and he every right to return. Even if you hadn’t of pricked your finger, the fact that the elbow joint was mangled from the manufacturer to the point of sharp edges itself warrants a return or exchange. You pricking your finger is a side effect of a defective item that came that way straight from them. It’s not like you messed up the elbow joint yourself and then pricked your finger.

Managed to pick up the brown suit EX for a pretty decent price. I chose it over the tiger stripe b/c of the headsculpts (especially the Logan portrait), the katana, and the loose mask. But, man you guys weren’t joking about limited arm mobility. If I decide to keep it, I’ll have to switch him over to the Phicen M34/35 for sure.

Back