1/6 Hot Toys + HONO - Marvels X-Men - Classic Wolverine Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magneto Teaser. No metallic paint scheme on the helmet like Sideshow’s it seems, but that could just be filters on the photo

IMG_1501.jpeg

Looks subtly metallic to me, seems like there are flakes of some kind. Could be the compression though.

HT need to drop the Hono brand and create a budget line like they did with DX and Artisan for the 'high end'. It's obvious HT is just releasing stuff with a different logo and Hono doesn't exist as an autonomous entity.

I'm pretty sure this brand exists just to scare off 3rd party companies from making comic X-Men.
I hope that you are not right about this but it is just as likely that you are right as wrong.

I love collecting Hot Toys figures but they have done some questionable things in the past. And I hate how they have figures listed as “coming soon” that we will never see.

So I wouldn’t put it past them to create “Hono” and produce a cool looking prototype to discourage 3rd party companions …again I hope that is not the case since it seems that a lot of collectors are excited about this Hono Wolverine release (myself excluded) and other Hono teases.

I hope that you are not right about this but it is just as likely that you are right as wrong.

I love collecting Hot Toys figures but they have done some questionable things in the past. And I hate how they have figures listed as “coming soon” that we will never see.

So I wouldn’t put it past them to create “Hono” and produce a cool looking prototype to discourage 3rd party companions …again I hope that is not the case since it seems that a lot of collectors are excited about this Hono Wolverine release (myself excluded) and other Hono teases.
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to get Wolverine. If Magneto and Thor look just as good (and actually go up for preorder) I'll gladly buy them as well.

In theory this line is a dream come true; I just can't help but look at it cynically, since it popped up literally hours after some 3rd party companies announced their own X-Men, they've only talked about the crappy cartoon since, and there hasn't been any indication they'll make anything but Marvel stuff.

The front crotch thong is killing me.

Anyway, I don't care what company makes it if it's something that looks good and I want. I will say, the price point leaves me extremely skeptical.

Third party companies get a pass because of their dodging licensing costs. HT/Hono have paid that with this. So the price suggests it'll be trash in hand, at least imo.

If it's Threezero level quality, I'm fine with it for the price. But I highly doubt that'll be the case. It's being advertised like it's aimed at new collectors who don't know any better.

And an emphasis on the term "entry grade".

I ordered but that's an issue I have as well. Hopefully production improves it or there's an easy mod or 3rd party solution. Detracts from an otherwise great looking figure.
Yeah, I don't understand how the idea of that being passed for final production let alone sculpted that way was given a green light.

It's in-your-face obvious but after the horrid padded cod piece of Kenobi Vader, I'm not really surprised.

Can’t see myself needing to replace the Sideshow Magneto. That figure is actually pretty good and a great representation of the character.
I worry for Storm though. Hope they aren’t obligated to give her the Mohawk to match the revival look. Never been a fan of that hairdo but feel it was at least a little more suited to her black, more punk attire.

Can’t see myself needing to replace the Sideshow Magneto. That figure is actually pretty good and a great representation of the character.
I worry for Storm though. Hope they aren’t obligated to give her the Mohawk to match the revival look. Never been a fan of that hairdo but feel it was at least a little more suited to her black, more punk attire.
Depends. If they go the route of sculpted hair, they could have interchangeable hairstyles and make everyone happy.

Last edited:
I was hoping Thor would be next. The SS was a let down so I easily skipped that. I'd really love an accurate classic comic Thor.

I have RP's that are gonna start expiring next month. Was hoping this would be out with some reviews and I'd either pick this up or at least have an idea as to what the quality of this line would be going forward.

I'm glad they have things like this but yea they seem to do things like this when there is competition. Now they are redoing joker for the thousanth time becuase Inart is doing it. Hilarious.

I kinda doubt HT will release 2 versions of Wolverine/Magneto at the same time and cannibalise Hono's sales. I think Hono will be taking care of comic styled X-Men, unless HT go the Spider-Verse route and make them cartoony.

I kinda doubt HT will release 2 versions of Wolverine/Magneto at the same time and cannibalise Hono's sales. I think Hono will be taking care of comic styled X-Men, unless HT go the Spider-Verse route and make them cartoony.
Exactly that's what I'm hoping for. Hono are doing their own take which is also quite budget friendly. HT can still make figures from the new show 🤞

Back