Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who wants a chance to win a Shredder Comiquette?

Those wanting to participate in this giveaway need to know a few rules...

Winner(s) are responsible for the ship cost of their prize. If the chosen winner is outside of the U.S. they will be responsible for any VAT, import fees, taxes, etc. assessed on their prize by their governments/shipper. If you don't agree to these rules, then please do not play.

So for those that still want to play...simply respond in THIS thread with the movie title of a film that truly scared (as an adult or child)!

Please note: any joke entires will be automatically disqualified from this contest (you can post that a movie like The Bodyguard or When Harry Met Sally or a Ben Affleck/Tyler Perry/recent George Lucas/James Cameron/Michael Bay film scared you...but I frankly won't believe that such films caused you to REALLY be scared...unless you can back it up really, really well in your post).

I'll be back later today (sometime after 5PM Pacific Time) to pick a winner (and who knows...maybe some runner-up winners as well for mystery prizes!)

Basketcase

furystorm's spooktacular 2012 contest #1

Prize: Matt Busch Slave Leia Print #AP/200 (see images below)

Yeah, yeah, I won this at the CV Freaks party, an evening that will live on in infamy. But it has sat rolled in my collection stash since that time. I’d like to move it along to a worthy freak who may enjoy it far more than I currently am. One Slave Leia on my wall, the Trevas of course, is more than enough.

Contest Rules:
Two parter, because I think this is a really cool piece. Two trivia questions, which if you get correct, will move you on to contention for the print:

1. What costume is fury ever so slowly working on for CVI, make that CVII? (hint: Rebel)

2. What Sideshow piece is fury looking forward to preordering during this Spook? (hint: new Star Wars release)

3. Now the fun part: What is your fondest memory of Star Wars from your childhood? Tell me any story you wish, and tug on my heartstrings to win this piece. If you’ve made it past the first two trivia questions, you should be motivated enough to tell me a great experience you had as a child concerning the Star Wars experience.

And now the fine print:
1. If you post either answer to #1 or #2 in thread, you will be barred from winning.
2. Feel free to PM one another if you think someone can help you with #1 or #2.
3. Complete answers are due to my inbox on SSF by 11:59 PM PST, tomorrow night, 10/25/2012.
4. My inbox currently has 32 messages, so get your entries in early. (100 limit, right?)
5. By pm’ing me, you give me permission to post your story to the freaks message board, because I will share the winner’s story once they have been chosen.
6. Winner pays absolutely nothing. Shipping is on me.
7. I’ll do my best to choose a winner by Sunday evening, but I’m traveling, so bear with me ladies and gents.

null-20.jpg

null-21.jpg

null-22.jpg

null-23.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen the one preview for something I'm dying to order (Sauron). Now, just gotta wait for the order :rock

Winner(s) are responsible for the ship cost of their prize. If the chosen winner is outside of the U.S. they will be responsible for any VAT, import fees, taxes, etc. assessed on their prize by their governments/shipper. If you don't agree to these rules, then please do not play.

So for those that still want to play...simply respond in THIS thread with the movie title of a film that truly scared (as an adult or child)!

Please note: any joke entires will be automatically disqualified from this contest (you can post that a movie like The Bodyguard or When Harry Met Sally or a Ben Affleck/Tyler Perry/recent George Lucas/James Cameron/Michael Bay film scared you...but I frankly won't believe that such films caused you to REALLY be scared...unless you can back it up really, really well in your post).

I'll be back later today (sometime after 5PM Pacific Time) to pick a winner (and who knows...maybe some runner-up winners as well for mystery prizes!)

The scariest movie from my childhood that STILL has an impact on me is a film called "CLOWNHOUSE".

It's about 3 escaped mental patients that disguise themselves as clowns and terrorize kids that are home alone.

I saw this as a kid and have been terrified of clowns ever since.

My scary movie was called "The Gate." Pretty cheesy looking back on it, but I was terrified as a kid, especially when they throw the dog down the Hell hole...

I'd have to say Childs Play. Made me keep an eye on any stuffed animals or dolls in the house as a kid...

My scary movie was called "The Gate." Pretty cheesy looking back on it, but I was terrified as a kid, especially when they throw the dog down the Hell hole...

The Gate is one of my favorite movies of all time. It totally is cheesy and one of the reasons I loved it as a kid."Demons, be gone! Be gone!" :D

I all ready entered but a couple more that scared me because I saw them too young were The Brood and Motel Hell. Now they seem more campy than scary but back in the day oh boy.

Like Lonnie, The Haunting (1963) gets my vote.

It is one of the greatest, most terrifying horror films I ever saw as a child. No guts, no gore, and only one real jump scene, but it gets inside your head in a way that most horror directors today can't even begin to comprehend.

Still one of the scariest movies made without ever showing anything. It's this kind of movie that really scares me... where you start looking over your should or hear little sounds you aren't used to. The scene in the library / study where something is trying to get in the door... and it slowly starts to give, almost splintering down the middle, then the pressure goes away and the knocking continues down the hallway!!! Absolutely will make you have a hard time falling asleep!!!

Frank / Bride in 20

I all ready entered but a couple more that scared me because I saw them too young were The Brood and Motel Hell. Now they seem more campy than scary but back in the day oh boy.

It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincents fritters.

Halloween 3. It freaked me out as a child for some reason.

Alright, I've tried to sit up as much as possible for Spook but this flu is kicking my butt. Hope you all win good stuff.

A movie that scared me as a kid and still does as an adult is the original Texas Chainsaw massacre. I could handle most of what happened until the meat hook hanging, and then I was done. The family in the movie reminds me of a lot of the families that are in the current city I live in, so it makes it that much more frightening as an adult.

Back