Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking about the power rangers movie in 2017, i might be in the minority but I am seriously starting to hate the mandatory costume changes for every single movie. Not to mention the over complicated “hero” suits. Realistically it will be just spandex and rubber all day everyday lolol

Thinking about the power rangers movie in 2017, i might be in the minority but I am seriously starting to hate the mandatory costume changes for every single movie. Not to mention the over complicated “hero” suits. Realistically it will be just spandex and rubber all day everyday lolol
Just part of the merch machine. It will be like that from now on. Holland already has 4 suits just in this movie alone. Battle damaged suits can double that. :lol I prefer what is closest to the comics. I guess you want characters and their suits to be realistic, but certainly seems like the majority tend to favor comic inspired. Mysterio's suit was made even better.

Sandman....

8qQH61t.png

...now looks like Kang...

R5M3eol.jpg

...who looks like blob fish

g62xkiH.jpg
Sandman is a Kang Variant = Confirmed

I watched "The Last Black Man In San Francisco" the other day, to get a feel of the guy's acting. Even in the scenes where he was trying to be angry he looked goofy. He just doesn't have the face. And it's evident that he's trying to copy Denzel Washington. Seriously, watch the first 10 minutes or so of Fences with Denzel acting quasi-drunk and it's the exact thing Majors tried to pull off in Loki. He did the same in the closing scenes of TLBMISF where he started trying mimic Denzel's "unhinged" takes. He's good at playing the friendly everyman, but that's it. The other guy playing alongside him felt like discount Lakeith Stanfield as well. I feel the same with Mahersala Ali as Blade. He just doesn't have the badass look to him like Snipes or 90s comic Blade has. Ali's the type you get for the bad guy pulling the strings, not the lone warrior. He's a great actor, but Blade's not something I feel he's suited as. However, it's a passion project for him apparently, so I'm optimistic.

Still, I seriously don't understand this casting. It's like getting Jack Black for Ozymandias or something. I'm just assmad that Kang's getting done dirty like that as he was always one of my favourites. The MCU wasted Mads Mikkelsen and Jude Law in two-bit roles, and a great one like Kang's going to this subpar rando. At least they could've waited a movie and gotten Lawrence Fishbourne, but he got wasted as geriatric Goliath as well. At this point I'm half expecting them to cast Blue Marvel in Marvels, but instead of Denzel it's going to be some 30 YO guy from the CW or some such.

MCU is hit and miss on suits. The Vulture does look rather pieced together and I would prefer a green looking Falcon kind of figure. It worked for the movie, just not as a figure IMO.
Back when the MCU began the selling point was that they were sticking as close to the source as possible. FFWD to now and it's all LINESLINESLINESLINESLINES following the same V pattern and looking as if they were made at the same factory. We started with Iron Man and we're now at Doctor Strange saying things like "Scooby-Doo this crap". I don't even care about the flicks anymore, these are just 2-hour toy commercials and all I'm interested in is how good the costumes are so that I can get my dollies.

I hope KD is in this.
Keith David?

mass-effect-captain-anderson.jpg

His voice can elevate anything but I don't see what he has to do with Iron Boy: Strange SugarDaddy Edition... But kidding aside, now you've got me thinking what role he'd fit. Spider-Man wise, him being pretty old at this point, he'd make a pretty great Ezekiel if they ever decided to adapt the whole Other story:

4e074ae06af0c237-600x338.jpg

Keith David?

mass-effect-captain-anderson.jpg

His voice can elevate anything but I don't see what he has to do with Iron Boy: Strange SugarDaddy Edition... But kidding aside, now you've got me thinking what role he'd fit. Spider-Man wise, him being pretty old at this point, he'd make a pretty great Ezekiel if they ever decided to adapt the whole Other story:

4e074ae06af0c237-600x338.jpg
How about Chameleon?

How about Chameleon?
Depends on the origin. Chameleon is supposed to be Russian and Kraven's half-brother, so obviously he wouldn't fit. Besides, his main feature is his cool distinctive voice. Chameleon is the exact opposite of that. Maybe Tombstone? But then they'd need to put him in literal albino whiteface. He's got the voice and attitude for it though. Dunno, I can't think of anything else in the Spider-Verse as most of them are taken one way or the other by now or are too low-tier. Maybe Reverend Stryker in X-Men? He's got the charisma for it. Mix it with the movies/Ultimate and make him Ex-Millitary, then have him wear some ass-kicking Sentinel armour to beat up some mutie ******* *****. Or maybe an aged-up version of Doctor Voodoo. You know, that'd be pretty great. I loved that Mini Remender did. He had great banter with Doom too:

1805522-doomvoodoovsnightmaresarmy07.jpg

gkZEehx_MDr3abHzuFIjaUne7petP1j155CEQZeSz8UvBT_4dCUgb_EoviLj6UneSO0D02HiCp1HRg=s0

1030467-32_doctor_voodoo__avenger_of_the_supernatural_5.jpg

I'd buy a dolly of Keith David with dreads in a cool voodoo costume.

Back