Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"In numbers reported by The Wrap, Marvel's share of the North American box office in 2021 was an astounding 30%. This includes revenue from the five Marvel movies released last year: Marvel Studios' Black Widow, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Eternals, and Spider-Man: No Way Home, along with Sony's Venom: Let There Be Carnage. In 2018, MCU movies claimed 18% of the domestic box office total."

Finally saw this movie. I loved it. Not gonna lie: 2022 has started rough. Really needed this movie. Loved how the return of the other guys were handled. Brilliant.

this is prob my fav live action Spiderman. Into the Spiderverse is still my fav spiderman movie at this point, but this was fantastic. I'm down for more Toby and Andrew if they are. Toby during this movie was the same age as DeFaoe was in the first Spidey movie.....whhhhhaaa........tt?

I've heard there are a lot of deleted scenes. I'm down for a 4 hour supercut if it exists

Spider-Man: No Way Home continues to dominate the North American box office, earning an estimated $30 million this weekend. That's actually higher than how the last few Star Wars movies performed during their fourth weekends after opening in December, and by close of business on Sunday, the Sony Pictures/Marvel Studios threequel will have grossed a whopping $666.5 million.

That makes it the sixth highest-grossing movie at the domestic box office, usurping Titanic!

https://comicbookmovie.com/spider-m...-office-this-weekend-as-the-355-bombs-a190874
More important that the all-fem 355 movie bombed and it was from Simon Kinberg:

"One movie that has flopped this weekend is Simon Kinberg's female-led The 355. Why any studio would trust him with any sort of high profile project is hard to say, but with a dismal 26% on Rotten Tomatoes, it looks set to gross just $4.3 million this weekend. "

I gotta say I was really happy with how the villains were integrated. Not only because of the plot, but with how the villains' characteristics from movies past didn't stray (or stray too far) from their respective films. It quite literally felt as though they stepped from their movies and into the MCU.

Dock Ock was terrific, I liked how he was cured and it felt good to have that resolution given how he was a mentor figure to Peter in SM2. It was awesome seeing him in action again and for me, I'm not sure why but I really liked that visual of him grappling and climbing through buildings.

Green Goblin / Osborn was just incredible to watch, he was (for me) the main antagonist and he carried/stole the film for me. He's just as I remembered him from SM1, if not better; WD is perfect portraying GG. My favorite scene from the movie is the apartment fight scene, where Spider-Man and Goblin just pummel one another. One could feel the weight of every punch, every wall/floor break, it felt visceral. It took me back to the final fight from SM1. Peter was giving his all and yet GG brutally defeated him, mentally and physically. I was reminded of the interrogation scene from TDK when Peter was wailing on Goblin repeatedly, heavily punching him yet Goblin was just maniacally laughing, similar to how Batman was beating up the Joker in the corner. GG was probably my favorite part of the film.

I thought Foxx's Electro was good as well. I haven't seen ASM2, but from what I gather he was improved upon from it. I thought he came off as volatile, I mean he had a vigor about him that reminded me of how Killmonger was in BP. Also, lol when he confronts Peter at the end and he gives a mention to Miles Morales.

I was a bit off put by Sandman, admittedly. I liked how he started off by helping Spider-Man, but later on I felt he was sort of contradicting SM3, given how he and Peter were on better terms in the end of that film. It was cool seeing Lizard in the mix, but just as with him, I sort of wish we'd seen the rest of them fully react to being cured and returning to their universes.

Of course, my favorite scene is the apartment fight/villains escape escape scene. It was cool seeing them go off after GG sets everything awry.

Seeing the Spider-Mans interact with each other was a joy to watch, it felt wholesome. Seeing them all fighting alongside together is a dream come true. And just like the villains, I loved how they integrated in the film. They also felt like they literally stepped out of their own movie and into the MCU. Though, I do wish their introduction were more epic. For me admittedly, the setting felt flat when they showed up, I wish they were introduced in a different way so that it would seem as a monumental moment to behold, but alas.

DS in the film was fun and his humor was great, though I'd presume that DS would win in a fight with Spider-Man, but I thought he was going easy on him so as to not hurt him. I also liked how in this movie Peter goes to him to have his secret identity restored whereas in the comics he negotiates with Mephisto lol

I dug MJ and Peter's relationship in this movie and actually felt for them when they were saying goodbye in the finale. The ending was so gratifying, seeing Peter move in to a shoddy place, make his classic suit, and venture out to be Spider-Man, I mean, it takes me back to Spider-Man 1!

Last edited:
Concept art:

FIixqApVIAAr6lo
FIWaH1YWQAQK3FV

Back