Spider-Man 4-5 Movie news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as for malkovich as vulture = WIN........i agree that ben kingsly could be better, but malkovich works just fine

as for that other shmuck...
anne hathaway as vultress = SUPER EPIC MOTHER F'ING FAILURE!!!:banghead:banghead:banghead

:lecture

John as the Vulture is insanely great casting, and after Trick R Treat I was really looking forward to Dylan Baker as the Lizard, seriously your gonna give a fairly major actor a role in 2 films and not allow him to become his villain? Wtf Sam?

But Vultress? This is a billion times worse then if he revealed Bruce Campbell was in fact Ash Williams, and he'd be teaming up with Aunt May to make an Evil Dead Spiderman musical.

This has to be Sam ????ing with us to get back at us for Venom right? Because if he's serious, no amount of fan outrage is going to change his mind after the fan demanded venom fiasco.

But Vultress? This is a billion times worse then if he revealed Bruce Campbell was in fact Ash Williams, and he'd be teaming up with Aunt May to make an Evil Dead Spiderman musical.
:lecture Word.

I know it is a day old news (I just read the article). Vultress = whaaaa???? I have a difficult time seeing the good behind this choice.

If the end result is a good movie (which Spiderman 3 was certainly not, in my opinion), then I would gladly accept Vultress over Black Cat. Black Cat is a lame character anyway. Not ideal, but at the end of the day I want a good Spiderman story. If liberties are taken toward achieving that end, I will accept them.

Black Cat is only lame if written that way. There were hilarious moments in ASm where she tried to help Spidey but when she used her powers, the "bad luck" worked on him as well as the villain and continously almost gets him killed. Not to mention the interesting aspect to the love triangle. Felicia Hardy isn't interested in Peter Parker, she wants Spider-Man, she even has him keep his mask on 90% of the time. Its what leads to them not working out. So you'd have Mary Jane who is in love with Peter and is a bit jealous and resentful that he has to go off and be Spider-Man and then Felicia who wants Spider-Man and is a bit jealous and resentful that he has to go off and be Peter Parker.

It'd be interesting to see on film with the internal struggle for Peter if Sam wasn't screwing the pooch already.

If the end result is a good movie (which Spiderman 3 was certainly not, in my opinion), then I would gladly accept Vultress over Black Cat. Black Cat is a lame character anyway. Not ideal, but at the end of the day I want a good Spiderman story. If liberties are taken toward achieving that end, I will accept them.
That is actually a good way of putting it. If it fails it'll be like what Smallville did with Superman. Lame.

Black Cat is only lame if written that way. There were hilarious moments in ASm where she tried to help Spidey but when she used her powers, the "bad luck" worked on him as well as the villain and continously almost gets him killed. Not to mention the interesting aspect to the love triangle. Felicia Hardy isn't interested in Peter Parker, she wants Spider-Man, she even has him keep his mask on 90% of the time. Its what leads to them not working out. So you'd have Mary Jane who is in love with Peter and is a bit jealous and resentful that he has to go off and be Spider-Man and then Felicia who wants Spider-Man and is a bit jealous and resentful that he has to go off and be Peter Parker.

It'd be interesting to see on film with the internal struggle for Peter if Sam wasn't screwing the pooch already.

:lecture Excellent Post!!!

I hope Rami is just messing or something. Like mike said why call her Felicia Hardy if she's not going to be black cat? That's like them doing Cletus Kasady and instead of him being Carnage he's the Lizards assistant named Iguana boy or some stupid shiz like that.

I dunno maybe it'll work, just right now the vultress is sounding lame to me

Its no different than how he "used" Gwen Stacy in 3, but didnt actually use her in any way meaningful to the story or in any important way her character was in the comic books.

Although I have been pretty dissapointed with all the Spiderman movies thus far (2 being my fav), they all at least gave me some hope before their release that they looked or sounded good. This one isnt even doing that :(

That's because they screwed the pooch on Mary Jane in Spider-Man 1. Mary Jane was supposed to be a woman who doesn't want to be tied down due to the issues with her father and her homelife. She is supposed to date Peter, date Harry (in fact her breaking up with Harry is what drives him to drugs and drives Norman to the brink of insanity making him the Green Goblin again because of what is happening to his son) and generally be just the girl Pete could never get. Gwen fills the role of his girlfriend until her death and that is one of the moments were MJ starts to have real feelings and real attachment to Peter of course its a while before they actually get married. They basically melded the Gwen Stacy character even to the toss from the bridge and the Mary Jane character and a bit of the Liz Allen character in the film.

Introducing Gwen at that point was stupid. But if they go with the MJ does not wish to be tied down angle and just like in the comics she gets wrapped up and feels like she allows the relationship to progress too far, she ultimately turns down the proposal to Peter.

MJ actually leaves New York for several months after the string of events and Peter dates other women, most notably Felicia Hardy. Even when she returns, he is dating Felicia and she having figured out his identity decides they should still be friends (she doesn't know about the Black Cat) there are even great panels where the Black Cat leaps in through the window looking for Spidey while he is talking to Mary Jane and there is awkward tension.

It could work fantastically if they actually looked at the source material instead of making it up as they go, but then again Sony owns the film rights to Spider-Man and Marvel has absolutely no say so take it for what its worth.

God no, not Anne Hathaway please god no!

I still believe this comment-

"I'm sure Sam has more brains than to create "Vulturess".

Just to second what Mike has said Black Cat done right would make for good story in a movie. For those who don't know the current relationship between Batman and Catwoman was taken from Spidey's relationship with Black Cat. It should be in a movie.

So has anyone seen this update:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i015c08bd6f66cc49d4a743e40dcd9a2e

The latest Spidey sequel is proving villainously difficult to plot out.

Sony and director Sam Raimi are at loggerheads over which direction to go with the villains for the latest installment -- an impasse which has prompted the studio to delay its scheduled spring production start and potentially to bump the pic from its May 6, 2011 release slot.

Raimi wants to have a criminal known as the Vulture act as the primary antagonist in the film while the studio, which dislikes the idea of the winged wrongdoer, is pushing for a romantic sub-plot involving a burglar named the Black Cat in addition to another villain.

A succession of writers has tried to marry the two parties' differing visions to no effect.

Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Lindsay-Abaire ("Rabbit Hole") was hired in October 2008 to pen a key version of the screenplay, on top of the earlier version penned by James Vanderbilt ("Zodiac"). Last year, Sony brought in Gary Ross -- Oscar-nominated for his adapted script on 2003's "Seabiscuit" -- which he also helmed.

Alvin Sargent is penning the latest iteration.

Word of the Sony-Raimi conflict first surfaced mid-December on genre Web site IESB, but at the time Sony denied the report, saying tweaking of the script was "nothing unusual."

The differing views about the villain have their origins in the making of "Spider-Man 3."

Raimi, a fan of the wall-crawling super-hero since the character's 1960s debut, wanted to use classic villain Vulture in addition to Sandman, another classic creation, for that movie. The studio pushed him to use Venom, a character that was introduced in the late 1980s, because it thought that character, with its slick alien-symbiote origin, would lend itself to more effective marketing material and a way to attract "the kids."

"Spider-Man 3," while ensnaring $890 million in its worldwide web, turned out to be reviled by both the fanboy community and by many critics. In addition to a hefty paycheck, Raimi purportedly returned to helm the fourth installment in order to leave the series on a high note.

Production still could begin by this summer. While Sony insiders maintain the pic still could remain in its current release date, a shift to a date later in summer 2011 may be more likely considering the lack of a final script for the visual effects-driven project.

or has the Spidey 4 discussion now moved to this thread:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68730&highlight=spider-man+sequel

Sony postpones 'Spider-Man 4'
Script problems push back Sam Raimi-helmed pic
By TATIANA SIEGEL
Alvin Sargent is currently retooling the 'Spider-Man 4' story for Sony.

A holiday hiatus has turned into an indefinite vacation for "Spider-Man 4."

A Sony source confirmed that the studio is postponing production on the fourth installment of its superhero franchise, which was scheduled to begin lensing in February. Word began circulating among fanboys in mid-December that pre-production had ground to a halt on "Spidey 4" due to script problems with the Sam Raimi-helmed tentpole. At the time, the studio insisted that crew members were merely taking a two-week Christmas break.

Move echoes that of another Sony tentpole that was postponed due to script problems. In November 2007, Sony put "Angels & Demons" on ice until screenplay issues could be resolved. That film was originally slotted for a Christmas 2008 bow. Instead, it opened May 15, 2009.

In the case of "Angels & Demons," the script was rushed because of the looming WGA strike. With "Spider-Man 4," the studio has been fielding drafts of the script for years, with James Vanderbilt taking a crack at it. Alvin Sargent is currently retooling the story.

Sony still has "Spidey 4" skedded for May 6, 2011, though that date has become highly unlikely. The postponement would leave the first big weekend of next summer up for grabs by other studios.

"We'll try, but I think making May is a real question," the source said. "We will not start until we have it right. The feeling is we are not going to rush it to make the date."

I hope it gets cancelled. I loved the first 2...but 3 was so godawful. I felt so sorry of Raimi. He's my favorite director after all. And Drag Me to Hell was exacly what he needed.

I hope they just wait 7yrs and do a reeboot, with a joker like green goblin and a more badass venom. Vulture is horrible imo i never saw a threat in him.

Back