Speculation: Would you get a TDK Joker 3.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there are at least three 1/6 figures. Two were by CGL.

This is the prototype of CGL's Nurse Joker 2.0:

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2017/11/cgl-toys-mf09-16th-scale-nurse-joker-20.html

These are older photos of my CGL 2.0:

49429626811_2e1928d4cb_o.jpg

50708906893_39534cbb19_o.jpg

The green haired sculpt wasn't much good as I found the hair too straight and unmanageable, but the ginger nurse 'wig' was better match and could be cut into a closer approximation. Sculpted hair would be better.
Thanks a lot Asta. Really enjoy seeing some of your collection also.....even if it is older.

I think there are at least three 1/6 figures. Two were by CGL.

This is the prototype of CGL's Nurse Joker 2.0:

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2017/11/cgl-toys-mf09-16th-scale-nurse-joker-20.html
Yikes…that thing is an eyesore.
Headsculpt looks absolutely nothing like him and the rooted green hair was a big miss.
Perfect example of why you should either root the hair well, or skip it all together and just go ahead and sculpt it.
People want a rooted Joker, but no one wants a badly rooted one.
This one looks like it’s wearing a soggy green hair net!

Headsculpt looks absolutely nothing like him and the rooted green hair was a big miss.
Perfect example of why you should either root the hair well, or skip it all together and just go ahead and sculpt it.

You were being kind - I was thinking that it looks like Lloyd Christmas' barber gave a haircut to some deranged street mime ;)

You were being kind - I was thinking that it looks like Lloyd Christmas' barber gave a haircut to some deranged street mime ;)

The green hair sculpt was useless. The hair is straight and attached in such a way I couldn't do anything with it. They may as well not bothered with it at all. I think that extra sculpt was the main difference between the 1.0 and 2.0.

The ginger wig does a better job, but not as good as if it had been sculpted.

I think the original version of the nurse was by ToysMon Studio in 2009, which didn't come with a sculpt at all:

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2009/04/nurse-joker-from-dark-knight.html

I resisted until the CGL 2.0, when I finally decided I wanted to have an example of this ridiculous incarnation of the Ledgoker to stand at the back. lol

Who’s the figure up front on the left? Bullock?

Yes. As I was rewatching Gotham I thought of using up some spare parts to make an overweight, scruffy Harvey Bullock.

Apart from '66 Batman and Robin and the Suicide Squad universe, I imagine the Batman related figures occupying a blend of Gotham and Nolanverse.

Yes. As I was rewatching Gotham I thought of using up some spare parts to make an overweight, scruffy Harvey Bullock.

Apart from '66 Batman and Robin and the Suicide Squad universe, I imagine the Batman related figures occupying a blend of Gotham and Nolanverse.
Nice!

The posts saying things like when is this coming out are amusing…like it actually exists and there is actually something to anticipate being released. There is nothing to come out…Hot Toys hasn’t announced or even teased anything?
It's been quite a few years but there was an interview with Howard Chan where he mentioned a Joker 3.0.. but... yeah... a lot of time has passed since then.

I'm hoping we get a headsculpt like this on the next one, or don't bother, imo
the-joker_dc-comics_gallery_6117195be6736.jpg

It's been quite a few years but there was an interview with Howard Chan where he mentioned a Joker 3.0.. but... yeah... a lot of time has passed since then.

I'm hoping we get a headsculpt like this on the next one, or don't bother, imo
the-joker_dc-comics_gallery_6117195be6736.jpg

They had K.A.Kim the one who done that Blitzway Joker sculpt working for them at one point, and they still chose Yulli to sculpt all their TDK Jokers instead. :gah:

Gonna feel ****** if the 1/6 gets a better sculpt than the 1/4. If HT wanted to do right they would sell a new 1/4 head as a separate piece like Prime1.

I'd even take a recasted bootleg of the Queen sculpt fitted for the figure, even though I have the rooted version on order.

Last edited:
Gonna feel ****** if the 1/6 gets a better sculpt than the 1/4. If HT wanted to do right they would sell a new 1/4 head as a separate piece like Prime1.

I'd even take a recasted bootleg of the Queen sculpt fitted for the figure, even though I have the rooted version on order.
You don’t have anything to worry about…there is no new 1/6 so it can’t possibly have a better head sculpt than the 1/4 if it doesn’t exist.

I have a nice custom sculpt with rooted hair on my 2.0 that I'm delighted with, so I'd have to say it would be a pass for me.

You don’t have anything to worry about…there is no new 1/6 so it can’t possibly have a better head sculpt than the 1/4 if it doesn’t exist.
I find it a little hard to believe Hot Toys would dive back into the well with a new Two-Face, a new DX Batman from TDK, a new-ish Begins Batman, and re-issues of the Bat-pod and the Tumbler without also carting out the cash cow that is Ledger Joker…They take their sweet ass time with stuff, but I’ve learned to never say never when it comes to the likes of Hot Toys.

I find it a little hard to believe Hot Toys would dive back into the well with a new Two-Face, a new DX Batman from TDK, a new-ish Begins Batman, and re-issues of the Bat-pod and the Tumbler without also carting out the cash cow that is Ledger Joker…They take their sweet ass time with stuff, but I’ve learned to never say never when it comes to the likes of Hot Toys.
Also hard to believe that with the Joker being an obviously big seller Hot Toys didn’t produce the Joaquin Phoenix Joker or the Knightmare Joker from ZSJL, but here we are.
I’m not saying Never and I fully believe that one day they may produce another Ledger Joker…I have absolutely no reason to believe that anything is imminent though.

Also hard to believe that with the Joker being an obviously big seller Hot Toys didn’t produce the Joaquin Phoenix Joker or the Knightmare Joker from ZSJL, but here we are.
I’m not saying Never and I fully believe that one day they may produce another Ledger Joker…I have absolutely no reason to believe that anything is imminent though.
Again, though, you have multiple precedents to factor in. For one thing, we’ve seen more Batman product in the first three months than we had in sometime with the release of the aforementioned figures, we have the dearth of DC content to mine going into 2022, thanks to all of the delays, and, additionally, we’ve got Queen Studios, Infinity Studios, Blitzway, Prime1, and JND all mining the ever living **** out of Ledger in different scales. Now, obviously, that might not mean ****, but, at the same token, they did zilch with the Arkham line for half a decade until people started dropping $2K a pop on those 1/3rd scale statues.

This isn’t me projecting my own wishlist; this is me acknowledging that Howard Chan loves money. It’s the reason we had a bajillion Ledgers already and it’s the same reason I think we can expect another one.

Again, though, you have multiple precedents to factor in. For one thing, we’ve seen more Batman product in the first three months than we had in sometime with the release of the aforementioned figures, we have the dearth of DC content to mine going into 2022, thanks to all of the delays, and, additionally, we’ve got Queen Studios, Infinity Studios, Blitzway, Prime1, and JND all mining the ever living **** out of Ledger in different scales. Now, obviously, that might not mean ****, but, at the same token, they did zilch with the Arkham line for half a decade until people started dropping $2K a pop on those 1/3rd scale statues.

This isn’t me projecting my own wishlist; this is me acknowledging that Howard Chan loves money. It’s the reason we had a bajillion Ledgers already and it’s the same reason I think we can expect another one.
I would be shocked if there wasn’t another Ledger Joker at some point in the future.
Of course there will be.
Any rumors suggesting that something is currently under development, however, are hogwash.
Hot Toys is doubling down on what I’ll refer to as the “Two M’s” - Marvel and Mandalorian…if the TDK Joker shows up some time soon in one of those properties then a 1/6 version from Hot Toys will not be far behind. Barring that…maybe a figure will be announced in 3-4 years with a release following 2 more years after that.
Looking forward to everyone’s photos in the TDK Joker 3.0 thread in late 2027 or possibly early 2028!

We won't be getting a Joaquin Joker anytime soon it seems.....On the "Inside Iron Studios Day / June 2021" segment,
if you go to approximately 14:50 in the video, you will see in the subtitles the discussion in relation to Joaquin being produced.Inside Iron Studios Day / June 2021
Looking forward to everyone’s photos in the TDK Joker 3.0 thread in late 2027 or possibly early 2028!
Hopefully it won't be that long and I also hope they do release a nurse Joker instead of a reissue, rerelease or remake.....whatever you want to call it. Batman is definitely Hot Toy's biggest line for DC, so it is inevitable some might think.

Facts!

Back