Soul Calibur IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, if The Apprentice is half as fun to play in Force Unleashed as he is in Soul Calibur IV, we are in for a treat.

I haven't played as any classic SC characters yet 'cause Vader and The Apprentice are so much fun. I think that makes me a bad SC fan :monkey2 Oh well, this game is all kinds of fun.

Anybody pull off a critical finish yet? My attempts have, so far, been unsuccessful.

I went into the test round with a character and kept hitting them until it went to flashing, but nothing happened when I pressed all the buttons, he just did the little concentration move(which I don't think does anything).

To do a critical finish you must first do a Soul Crush. Meaning your opponent will block, their meter goes from blue to green to red and then "breaks"...you have a split second or so to do the Critical Finish (all four buttons...or in the case of the PS3, L1...don't know what the X-Box is). I did one with Siegfried...it can be tough though considering a lot depends on your opponent.

Soul Calibur 4 is a beautiful game...and I was totally "wow'ed" by the graphics...both the cinematics and ESPECIALLY the in-game battles. I remember when Soul Calibur came out on the Dreamcast and I was amazed by the graphics then! SC2 and SC3 on the PS2, Gamecube, X-Box still had great graphics, but they had a more "anime" look to the characters faces and the graphics didn't blow me away.

As soon as I started playing, the graphics of SCIV instantly reminded me of that semi-realistic look that the Dreamcast had and I was excited to see everything move and act so fluidly...it is a beautiful game...graphically, design-wise, everything is gorgeous from the characters to the levels to the movement.

Though you can say that the Soul Calibur franchise has evolved little since its inception, it still continues to be one of the best with such a unique elaborate array of characters that only a few fighters can match (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Tekken to name a few).

damn you people, i've been trying NOT to buy this game but with the upgraded graphics, Star Wars characters and my beautiful Ivy....i am breaking...

Got the game last night.

Simply the most beautiful game I've bought this generation.

Man that Apprentice is a ^^^^^ though. Is he saying dam or is it just me?

Got the game last night.

Simply the most beautiful game I've bought this generation.

Man that Apprentice is a ^^^^^ though. Is he saying dam or is it just me?

Yea this is a great game and I believe he is saying damn.

I know thers a ton of characters in this game but I keep going back to Vader....he's a powerhouse.

Played it last night (on my 360) and was amazing. Simply one of the coolest and best looking fighting games that i've ever played. The customization of characters is awesome as well. Working on making a full suited samurai.

Anybody who is on the edge of buying this should just go buy it now. :rock

Can't wait to get this tomorrow...

I heard you can make a character and then put them in the opening movie...

ok i bought it yesterday for PS 3 the game rocks!!! but please someone help me , i took Vader and i cannot win the apprentice!!! its the final leader and i only have managed in 1 hour to win him 2 times in separate match ups... (easy mode ) i cannot imagine the Hard!!!!

man i got to pick this up for the ps3. i have to wait for the weekend cause i was out of town but no excuse now

Back