SooSooToys 1/6 Cajun Card Dealer (Gambit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, yep, Remy and gmoney - I ordered from KGhobby.

glad my order isn't an anamoly. Let the wait begin ;)
--

I hope you guys didn't pay extra for shipping or have it expedited. Otherwise, paying extra for an order/shipping anomaly doesn't make sense (i.e., paying more to wait longer under the pretense of priority or there is actual shipping movement during the Lunar New Year Holiday).

--

WELL . . .

Consider this as a hard lesson learned not to repeat.

:(
Agreed. I did not have another shipping option from Comic Santorum (sp) which I did not like, I thought that maybe there was an oversight on my part. But it looks like the high shipping costs are what allow them and companies like them to offer low advertised prices on these items.

All that said, I am still happy that I ordered this figure, and I have to say he actually arrived earlier than was first estimated.

Agreed. I did not have another shipping option from Comic Santorum (sp) which I did not like, I thought that maybe there was an oversight on my part. But it look like the high shipping costs are what allow them and companies like them to offer low advertised prices on these items.

All that said, I am still happy that I ordered this figure, and I have to say he actually arrived earlier than was first estimated.
--

Depending on your 1:6 social circle (i.e., Facebook groups and/or online forums like CF), there is notice and trend of how some "popular" 1:6 vendors/stores based in China/Hong Kong with direct affiliations/associations of various Facebook groups and/or online forums by its admins and prolific members where due to increasing shipping costs across all carriers with delays results in a perception and/or reality that such vendors are deliberating jacking up shipping costs to customers using a variety of "forced" options. When questioned they either don't respond, provided a generic-pseudo explanation about shipping difficulties, etc. that "forces" customers to accept or possibly cancel thus missing out on the figure, forfeiture of the deposit/whatever money was paid, etc.

In addition, the perception is coming across certain vendors are deliberately waiting to pass the PayPal protection period (especially for pre-orders) so the vendor have no obligation to fulfill any refund let alone deliver the paid for product and such questionable actions are directly and indirectly condoned by admins and certain members of such groups affiliated with the vendors.

So, yeah. Consider yourself fortunate in your circumstances, but there are a growing number of collectors getting screwed over by shady practices from such vendors.

With presumably a production run of 450-500 of the figures made, one wonders how many of the production run did vendors in China/Hong Kong receive not counting US vendors who ordered them as well?

It's possible, not all vendors may receive their ordered allocation. If so, are the vendors going to be transparent to those who have a deposit on them and may not be receiving it?

Things to consider perhaps.

Last edited:
I see what you are saying, but it wasnt really an option on our order if I'm not mistaken. You were forced to pick that shipping, and I
didnt want to risk cancelling my order and paying much more on the secondary market since this figure is already sold out.
Yeah, they probably did take advantage of this scenario.

But, I rarely order overseas anyway as I usually order from Sideshow. But you couldnt on this figure, so you were forced to order overseas, and
since I have ordered from KGhobby before, it was more important for me that I order from a reliable source than worry about ordering from someone I'm not familiar with and never getting my figure.

But yeah, I do think you're probably right and they are taking advantage of the shipping.

@DeltaForceChung appreciate you looking out for us, but I don't think KGHobby intentionally tried to screw us or anything...or at least I have no evidence that would lead me to believe that at this time.

According to the latest tracking info the package was "Handed over to carrier / Left for destination," so this is not a situation where they just printed the label and sat on it.

With that being said, I probably won't continue to order from KGHobby in the future just because their shipping price was much more expensive than I had anticipated it would be and wiped out any potential savings with the low retail price for the figure. $60 for shipping is absurd and had I known it would cost that much from the start I would have opted to preorder from somewhere else. I, unfortunately, have one other preorder with KGHobby (John Lander aka Homelander), so after that I won't be patronizing from them again.

The last status I had was "origin post is preparing shipment" on 1/25 in HK after going through some processing stages, and I figured it was stuck in Lunar New Year limbo. Then I got a notification today through USPS that it showed up stateside (no updates since the 25th), so hopefully all your orders show up in the system again soon. And I also ordered through KGHobby with expedited shipping.

@DeltaForceChung appreciate you looking out for us, but I don't think KGHobby intentionally tried to screw us or anything...or at least I have no evidence that would lead me to believe that at this time.

According to the latest tracking info the package was "Handed over to carrier / Left for destination," so this is not a situation where they just printed the label and sat on it.

With that being said, I probably won't continue to order from KGHobby in the future just because their shipping price was much more expensive than I had anticipated it would be and wiped out any potential savings with the low retail price for the figure. $60 for shipping is absurd and had I known it would cost that much from the start I would have opted to preorder from somewhere else. I, unfortunately, have one other preorder with KGHobby (John Lander aka Homelander), so after that I won't be patronizing from them again.

The last status I had was "origin post is preparing shipment" on 1/25 in HK after going through some processing stages, and I figured it was stuck in Lunar New Year limbo. Then I got a notification today through USPS that it showed up stateside (no updates since the 25th), so hopefully all your orders show up in the system again soon. And I also ordered through KGHobby with expedited shipping.
--

My post is based on what I read within CF and elsewhere from a number of collectors about certain vendors.

I'm not going to convince anyone to stop doing business with whatever vendor they want. It's your $, but there are some peculiar circumstances that don't add up when it comes to shipping and tracking status considering the amount of $ being paid.

Obviously, the "must have it" mentality is a significant factor that clouds logic/rationale at times and I get that because I've been through it myself as a collector. However, such priority resulting in being ignorant, oblivious, and willingly looking past a number of issues work towards the advantage of the vendors and not the customer.

I always say there is nothing like learning the hard way . . . repeatedly.

In the end it's your $, effort, and time (waiting).

As for me, I'm waiting for my go to US vendor for their shipment (if they receive it). If not, then life goes on. It's an awesome figure to have (probably), but it's not an absolute for me because there are always other new figures to pre-order/buy.

It's a beautiful figure that I didn't expect it to come out looking so good, but here I am. If anyone has eyes on one hit me up!

--

My post is based on what I read within CF and elsewhere from a number of collectors about certain vendors.

I'm not going to convince anyone to stop doing business with whatever vendor they want. It's your $, but there are some peculiar circumstances that don't add up when it comes to shipping and tracking status considering the amount of $ being paid.

Obviously, the "must have it" mentality is a significant factor that clouds logic/rationale at times and I get that because I've been through it myself as a collector. However, such priority resulting in being ignorant, oblivious, and willingly looking past a number of issues work towards the advantage of the vendors and not the customer.

I always say there is nothing like learning the hard way . . . repeatedly.

In the end it's your $, effort, and time (waiting).

As for me, I'm waiting for my go to US vendor for their shipment (if they receive it). If not, then life goes on. It's an awesome figure to have (probably), but it's not an absolute for me because there are always other new figures to pre-order/buy.
I was under the impression that only Asian vendors carry these 3rd party unlicensed figures. If there are any US retailers selling SST figures, I'd gladly buy from them instead.

Soosootoys is doing great!

IMG_6543.JPG

mine showed up stateside yesterday too. should be getting him soon.

Mine was suppose to be delivered last week. Sat in USPS limbo hell for awhile. He's now scheduled for delivery today.
Shoot, I got an email from ComicSanctorum on the 23rd, ordered and had it on the 27th I think. The shipping was $40 through DHL, but still paid less overall than a standard Hot Toys product from Sideshow. Was worth it (for this one) just prior to lunar holiday shutdown. This figure is PHENOMENAL

Woo Hoo! Mine says its somewhere in Chicago.

I'll be honest, even if we werent forced to use expedited service, I was meaning to ask if it could be shipped via DHL or something.
Regular shipping on China is really bad.
Last time I ordered something on ebay, it took months, and the shipment got lost.
So I had to re-order and took another 2 months.

I think it was just the fact that they didnt give you a choice.
But had this not been expedited shipping, I'm sure it would still be in China, and chinese new year doesnt end until Feb 7 I believe.

I know the high shipping costs being the only options sucks, but that could just be the way things are right now for a better guarantee that you'll get your item. I had a custom Indiana Jones clothing set come from china and had to pay $60 for shipping as well, and that's just clothing, not even a full figure with a box. I've also got a full custom Superman figure coming from somewhere overseas and that too was about $50-$60 shipping. Then I've got just an empty HT box coming from Australia (since my figure's box was jacked up and that was the only one on eBay), and shipping for that was a little over $50. Shipping prices when ordering overseas are outrageous across the board right now.

Last edited:
I received my SooSooToys Gambit today and paired him up with the Sideshow Wolverine.

I purchased a parted out set of Sideshow hands and card throwing effect since I liked the way you can put cards into the effect. I used generic playing cards from EBay. For those interested, the Sideshow hands fit the figure nicely after the pegs are removed from the Sideshow hands. They are smaller than the Soosoo hands.

I really didn't know much about Gambit before the purchase but I am extremely happy to have this figure in my collection now.
Looking forward to SooSooToy‘s eventual release of Rogue.

51857297933_f4b1938ca1_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back