SooSooToys 1/6 Cajun Card Dealer (Gambit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just arrived. By far the worst wrist pegs I've ever encountered. Definately breaking something putting these hands on...
IMG_20220202_163422.jpg

My figure just touched down in the US today. Should have it by Friday the latest...

I received my SooSooToys Gambit today and paired him up with the Sideshow Wolverine.

I purchased a parted out set of Sideshow hands and card throwing effect since I liked the way you can put cards into the effect. I used generic playing cards from EBay. For those interested, the Sideshow hands fit the figure nicely after the pegs are removed from the Sideshow hands. They are smaller than the Soosoo hands.

I really didn't know much about Gambit before the purchase but I am extremely happy to have this figure in my collection now.
Looking forward to SooSooToy‘s eventual release of Rogue.

51857297933_f4b1938ca1_o.jpg
Thanks for the tip! Just got myself that sideshow effect plus a few hands to go with it. My SST Gambit should be here in a week and I plan on using this sideshow effect as it has always looked superior in solicitation pics (and you just confirmed it).

Looking forward to Rogue now! (and I'm not even a big X-Men fan haha)

Thanks for the tip! Just got myself that sideshow effect plus a few hands to go with it. My SST Gambit should be here in a week and I plan on using this sideshow effect as it has always looked superior in solicitation pics (and you just confirmed it).

Looking forward to Rogue now! (and I'm not even a big X-Men fan haha)

Glad to be of help and congrats on getting the SST Gambit. You won't be disappointed.

Just a few words of advice:
You will definitely need to heat up the Sideshow hands to remove the pegs from them.
You should also heat them up before putting them on the SST arms. The translucent one went on like butter after that, but the normal Sideshow hand required a bit more heat. After they are on, it will seem like they were made for the SST figure.
I would also recommend getting cheap playing cards off Ebay for the Sideshow throwing effect. The SST cards will be too large.
I even had to trim the edges off of the Ebay cards to get them to slot into the effect.
Lastly: Enjoy the figure :)

Put my Gambit on a TBLeague/Phicen M33. I should have used the M32. The M33 is slightly too big. I had to "trim" down the torso and lower legs so that the armor and boots would fit. I didn't want to risk damaging the body suit, so I used the Sideshow Gambit one instead.

k4FK0M.jpg

After reading comments about the wrist pegs, I view it simply as being very impatient plain and simple.

Wrist pegs are truly difficult and years of experience and observation taught me never to be in a hurry to swap out hands and always use a hair dryer on low setting ranging from 20 to 45 seconds to soften up the hands/wrists to remove and apply again before inserting/swapping out.

Many collectors damaged wrist pegs and usually blame the fragility/quality of the wrist pegs instead of their own impatience being in a hurry to swap out the hands.

A hair dryer with basic high and low setting is a required tool for any 1:6 collector.

This is one figure where I don’t think a seamless body ‘upgrade’ is all that necessary or impactful.

The improved range of articulation and strength of joints will be great for achieving and maintaining dynamic poses over time but, visually, the change isn’t really noticeable.
Compared to SSC Cyclops and Wolverine who’s toyetic knees, elbows and arms could all be ‘fixed’ by going seamless- which also filled their costumes out much better- this guy looks perfect fresh out of the box to me.

Mine finally arrived yesterday, and I opened it up for a quick look today. Haven't gotten around to hand swaps yet (need to bust out the hair dryer), but it looks really nice as is. I just can't decide if I want to go with a museum pose with attitude or a dynamic pose with card effects since both poses look good with this figure.

If Rogue comes out as nicely, I'll be one very happy camper. I had no intentions of having a 1/6 scale comic X-Men collection (my Marvel Legends X-Men lineup is too big as is, and I'm just focused on the "core" 90s lineup), but Gambit and Rogue are my favorite comic couple, so it's an easy decision to dedicate a shelf to them.

I'm curious what X-Men people would want next. Sounds like the Rogue choice has already been made and Beast has been dropped. I don't see how they cannot improve the SS Cyclops and Wolverine figures like they did with Gambit. Those two would seem to be at the top of any must have X-Men. Guess you could throw in Magneto as the most popular villain to own.

Somebody give me a 1/6 Jean Grey or Phoenix!! Don’t care if it’s SooSoo or Sideshow Just hurry up!!

I'm curious what X-Men people would want next. Sounds like the Rogue choice has already been made and Beast has been dropped. I don't see how they cannot improve the SS Cyclops and Wolverine figures like they did with Gambit. Those two would seem to be at the top of any must have X-Men. Guess you could throw in Magneto as the most popular villain to own.

What Soosoo needs is to be able to replicate what Hot Toys does with their VG Spiderman and BVS Batman figures - the muscle definition built into the fabric suit. From my understanding with their Gambit, the torso is hard plastic hence no useful articulation on that area. It's nice what they did that it gives that comic look of a defined muscle over a tight costume but there's no movement. Sideshow's attempt doesn't look good because the fabric is unable to show the muscle definition and the neck part becomes a separate piece sewn to the rest of the suit.

Give me a new Wolverine please for the love of god. I can never understand how people liked Sideshows Wolverine face. It's just so bizzare and ugly looking. And how do you not include an angry sculpt with a Wolverine figure? :cuckoo:

I hope SooSoo just takes what Mezco did with their Wolverine and gives it to us in 1/6. A seamless hairy arm with a swap out jointed arm would be great as well.

KGTIqkz.png

UP1VGBh.png
7tevM61.png

FeM2HEh.png

SooSooToys is all over the place with IPs, but if they continue nailing 90's Jim Lee inspired figures, they will be making some good money. Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm would be my top wants. Magneto too. Not sure if a Colossus would be in the cards for them.

Back