SooSooToys 1/6 Cajun Card Dealer (Gambit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO …I caved about an hour ago 😂😂

IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT MATTICUS!!!
I just feel this is a rather unique situation - Hot Toys is king but doesn't touch comic representation unless it is in a popular game like Batman Arkham or PS Spider-Man. No AAA X-Men game, no MCU X-Men for the near future.

But the quality has to be there and whoa, great look, quality and sculpt goes with my live action figures.

Third party has fine prototypes, then major fails in production. I poured over many IN HAND photos before pulling the trigger. I will never PO non-Hot Toys nor third party figure until I see legit in hand photos to verify quality.

I just feel this is a rather unique situation - Hot Toys is king but doesn't touch comic representation unless it is in a popular game like Batman Arkham or PS Spider-Man. No AAA X-Men game, no MCU X-Men for the near future.

But the quality has to be there and whoa, great look, quality and sculpt goes with my live action figures.

Third party has fine prototypes, then major fails in production. I poured over many IN HAND photos before pulling the trigger. I will never PO non-Hot Toys nor third party figure until I see legit in hand photos to verify quality.

Yeah I think you are right and I think a wait and see approach is defiantly warranted with third party figures. I have only two third party figures at this point. I have that third party Heimdall which came out pretty good but my third party Proxima is sort of a disaster and I’m not sure I will even display her when my set up is ready.

The worst Hot Toy produced figures in my collection are probably the two Chitauri figures, but booth are much better made and look far better than Proxima.

So, from now on I think I will wait until I see some “in-hand” photos before pulling the trigger on third party items. The only problem is that this Cajun Card Dealer is so good and so popular that a limited production Rogue will likely sell out before people get their hands on it.

Yeah I think you are right and I think a wait and see approach is defiantly warranted with third party figures. I have only two third party figures at this point. I have that third party Heimdall which came out pretty good but my third party Proxima is sort of a disaster and I’m not sure I will even display her when my set up is ready.

The worst Hot Toy produced figures in my collection are probably the two Chitauri figures, but booth are much better made and look far better than Proxima.

So, from now on I think I will wait until I see some “in-hand” photos before pulling the trigger on third party items. The only problem is that this Cajun Card Dealer is so good and so popular that a limited production Rogue will likely sell out before people get their hands on it.
FWIW I've recently received my SooSoo Rorschach, there's a bit of an issue with the neck joint for the mask heads, and the body is only single jointed, but the sculpts, accessories and tailoring is on a par with any of HT recent offerings. Unable to fault them.

FWIW I've recently received my SooSoo Rorschach, there's a bit of an issue with the neck joint for the mask heads, and the body is only single jointed, but the sculpts, accessories and tailoring is on a par with any of HT recent offerings. Unable to fault them.
do they do second version runs of figures? I'm not familiar with them

do they do second version runs of figures? I'm not familiar with them
--

To the best of my recollection, no.

Their production run of figures is smaller compared to other brands and I don't recollect they ever made a second run per say asides from the re-release of the "Hero Lawyer" they announced.

Overall, most brands don't make a second run. However, on a few occasions if real want is justified by vendors/collectors (i.e., show them the $), then a second run occurs (there are a few examples of second runs by a few brands), but it's never guaranteed no matter how many collectors whine about missing out, etc.

This is why pre-orders are very important to the brands and orders from the distributors, vendors, and collectors in that order.

You want it? Then pre-order it from your preferred/reliable vendor.

Whew! I’m glad this is sold out. This was my first test of my New Year’s Resolution of resisting figures that don’t fit my collection. I almost disastrously failed numerous times looking at pics and having it in my cart at Comic Santorum. I really need to keep my collection focused. As a matter of fact, why am I in this thread? I need to ban myself from this thread just in case it restocks.

Whew! I’m glad this is sold out. This was my first test of my New Year’s Resolution of resisting figures that don’t fit my collection. I almost disastrously failed numerous times looking at pics and having it in my cart at Comic Santorum. I really need to keep my collection focused. As a matter of fact, why am I in this thread? I need to ban myself from this thread just in case it restocks.

I was having the same dilemma. :lol

Someone did a custom paint job and posted on FB and wow 🤩 ballsy but wow brings me back to the OG toy biz figure.
04AE833D-9897-4750-9AA7-BFFF83150816.jpg

Gotta be honest, I'm usually a fan of repaint, as I repaint a lot of my figures also...but he just butchered it.
That repaint is horrible. He made his Gambit look cheap.

Gotta be honest, I'm usually a fan of repaint, as I repaint a lot of my figures also...but he just butchered it.
That repaint is horrible. He made his Gambit look cheap.
No idea why someone would take a figure, especially one thats limited to 450pcs, and give it a cheap repaint to look like a cartoon.

I think he ruined an amazing figure, but to each their own I guess.

I can appreciate the animated color scheme throwback, but yeah...the SST paint job is the preferred option.

Back