SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant (Rogue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished my head mod and I’m very satisfied. Still waiting on those new damn boots though.

Was a tad more work than I’d expected but repeatedly waiting for the apoxy clay to dry probably made it feel like it took way longer than it actually did.

After undoing the plait on the new head, it became immediately apparent that there’s no way you could ever style that Barbie hair properly. Hair was only punched in at the front of the forehead and the back of the neck so I just ripped the hair cap piece clean off and got to dremelling.

Took the magnets out of the hideous stock smiling head so I could still make the hair pieces detachable. That’s where the real work was but ultimately it’s not that tricky.

Once the magnets were aligned, I sculpted on a headband, painted it, then gave the face several new paint apps; lipstick, some cheek blush and other subtle blotchiness, green eyes, smoky eye shadow, thicker eyebrows and lashes and matched the hair by her ears to the main hair colour- oh and I turned the grey hair white. Definitely looks better to me.

Pre-painting
View attachment 645576

Finished
View attachment 645565
View attachment 645564View attachment 645571
View attachment 645566View attachment 645567View attachment 645568View attachment 645569View attachment 645570View attachment 645572

I took an ‘under the hood’ video showing the magnets in action but it’s too large to upload so here’s some caps.
View attachment 645574View attachment 645575

Yes, I prefer this over the stock haunted mannequin/ dehydrated crack whore heads.
Okay, I gotta admit...that came out pretty damn good :hi5:

Finished my head mod and I’m very satisfied. Still waiting on those new damn boots though.

Was a tad more work than I’d expected but repeatedly waiting for the apoxy clay to dry probably made it feel like it took way longer than it actually did.

After undoing the plait on the new head, it became immediately apparent that there’s no way you could ever style that Barbie hair properly. Hair was only punched in at the front of the forehead and the back of the neck so I just ripped the hair cap piece clean off and got to dremelling.

Took the magnets out of the hideous stock smiling head so I could still make the hair pieces detachable. That’s where the real work was but ultimately it’s not that tricky.

Once the magnets were aligned, I sculpted on a headband, painted it, then gave the face several new paint apps; lipstick, some cheek blush and other subtle blotchiness, green eyes, smoky eye shadow, thicker eyebrows and lashes and matched the hair by her ears to the main hair colour- oh and I turned the grey hair white. Definitely looks better to me.

Pre-painting
View attachment 645576

Finished
View attachment 645565
View attachment 645566View attachment 645567View attachment 645568View attachment 645569View attachment 645570View attachment 645572

I took an ‘under the hood’ video showing the magnets in action but it’s too large to upload so here’s some caps.

Yes, I prefer this over the stock haunted mannequin/ dehydrated crack whore heads.
Whoa, bud! Amazing results. Would you by chance be open to doing a commission of the head just like yours? If so, how much would you charge?

I like this figure!
52986870498_dc9b493110_b.jpg

Last edited:

Pre-painting
View attachment 645576

Finished
View attachment 645565

Damn that looks great! I prefer yours over the stock head.

Well done @Chopper Face :clap

Congrats one being able to get an SSC Magneto! He's definitely difficult to find at a relatively decent price.
I found him at Half Price Books of all places for $350. Still higher than I would have preferred, but decent compared to any that were showing up on auction sites.

That’s interesting 🤔 had no idea you could sell them collectibles. Nice find
Me either. Little shocked finding through there. I did a dive through Google and stumbled upon it after every thing else I opened was sold out. Will definitely be taking a hair dryer to those elbows and not even take a chance with it.

Wow…what is going on Pop Collectibles, still no word. Folks bust TW which I’ve been fortunate to have no issues and this is DOA
Have you heard anything on yours? I still havent had a shipping invoice from them and they havent replied to my email even though usually they are quick to

Have you heard anything on yours? I still havent had a shipping invoice from them and they havent replied to my email even though usually they are quick to
They replied to chat on Sunday. They stated their shipment was arriving late, asked for my order nbr and shipping info. I sent the info they came back with shipping cost. Which I responded, awaiting on a shipping invoice. They haven’t responded to anything since Sunday’s conversation.

They replied to chat on Sunday. They stated their shipment was arriving late, asked for my order nbr and shipping info. I sent the info they came back with shipping cost. Which I responded, awaiting on a shipping invoice. They haven’t responded to anything since Sunday’s conversation.
Just seems really odd that whoever i pre order soosoo figures with is always the last company to get them! Youd have thought they would have just sent all the shipping requests when they were getting them rather waiting to be chased

They get their stock in batches. I had to bug them to invoice me final shipping and get on one of their current batches. Even then, they took a few days to ship out but I finally get mine tomorrow.

Back