SooSoo - 1/6 SST-042 Anna Marie the Variant (Rogue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my Magneto from Half Price Books. Not home yet, but my wife opened it up this much for me. Looks good so far.
IMG_7576.jpg
IMG_7577.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so mad that I was on the Mezco One:12 train when that Magneto came out. Missed my chance.
I listened to too much of the hate for Sideshow figures at that time since I just got into 1/6 collecting. I even passed on it at my local comic shop for retail a year later. I'm excited I finally tracked one down for a decent price.

I was just able to open him and take a look. I was pleasantly surprised as it was the exclusive version with the cerebro helmet. I didn't expect that as it didn't state it anywhere in the description. Everything is in excellent condition, all of the pegs, headsculpts, helmets, elbows, wires in cape. Almost looks brand new.

Only two issues that were bad with it. The body overall is lose and floppy, normal sideshow body, and the magneto sleeve over the clamshell had the back part torn off. This purchase turned out a huge win over all.

I’ve been waiting for a good deal on the SSC Magneto Exclusive as well. Now I hear that SooSoo might be announcing their version pretty soon.

I’ve been waiting for a good deal on the SSC Magneto Exclusive as well. Now I hear that SooSoo might be announcing their version pretty soon.
That would be nice if SooSoo does a comic one. I hadn't heard about that yet, but would definitely get that. I've only heard of the one from Toys Era, which I would have no interest in.

Whoa, bud! Amazing results. Would you by chance be open to doing a commission of the head just like yours? If so, how much would you charge?
Thanks.
I’d set a £100 starting price for any commission to make it worth my while so that’s what I’d charge to do one of these. (Would reduce to £80 if 5 or more were requested.)

I’m in the U.K. so, assuming the majority on the boards aren’t located here, there’s also the i international shipping to consider.

I stumbled onto .25" bias tape in Walmart's sewing section. According to wiki, it's a narrow strip of fabric cut on the bias at a 45 degree angle, allowing it to conform to curves. I'm using it to place under Rogue's belt. I think it's going to work well once I get it situated. They had all sorts of colors. I chose white because I figure there would be no chance of dye transfer. But now I'm thinking about getting a shade of brown closer to the belt color. It's tricky getting everything line up and then the white starts to peak out when you move the figure. It's giving me some piece of mind as it's a barrier between the suit and belt, plus it's classier than strips of toilet paper. I think it was $2 or $3.

Still waiting for pop collectibles…..asked me last week how wanted to pay for shipping and went DOA. Folks complain about TW, Pop Collectibles just as bad. Still waiting on reply……i’ve asked them to cancel and refund $$$$. Totally ignoredmthat request 😏

Still waiting for pop collectibles…..asked me last week how wanted to pay for shipping and went DOA. Folks complain about TW, Pop Collectibles just as bad. Still waiting on reply……i’ve asked them to cancel and refund $$$$. Totally ignoredmthat request 😏
Yeah same here, told me 3 weeks ago it would be a few days then hasnt replied to any emails. How is it that hard to just reply to people, easy to take all the $ upfront though.

Ive just managed to sort mine and pay for shipping after reaching them directly through instagram messages if you havent sorted yours yet. Theyve just got their next batch in

Ive just managed to sort mine and pay for shipping after reaching them directly through instagram messages if you havent sorted yours yet. Theyve just got their next batch in
Yeah, they finally responded to my insta messages. Been a lack luster experience without a doubt. Claimed to have sent invoice twice finally third time they sent it. I asked to cancel which they blatantly ignored. Will not use them again…..

Yeah, they finally responded to my insta messages. Been a lack luster experience without a doubt. Claimed to have sent invoice twice finally third time they sent it. I asked to cancel which they blatantly ignored. Will not use them again…..
To be honest after the past 4 or 5 figures ive pre ordered with a few different sellers have been the same for me so im planning on only buying in stock figures now, unless its clear that without pre ordering i wont get something i really want. Everything seems to reduce in price quite quickly after releasing too especially on TW

Painted black around the collar and lines of her top, and added a small v cut.
Had my 12 yr old do this for me. Always nails it 😉

might paint the jacket army green, and bandana black. Might even cut the bandana tails. We will see
View attachment 647325View attachment 647326
I like that collar. Simple but effective.

Have you lengthened the belt as well? Looks like it’s able to hang a lot lower than most.

Painted black around the collar and lines of her top, and added a small v cut.
Had my 12 yr old do this for me. Always nails it 😉

might paint the jacket army green, and bandana black. Might even cut the bandana tails. We will see
View attachment 647325View attachment 647326
Yeah, your belt looks way better. I love the pose on the flight stand. Be careful though, as that green easily damages and sticks to itself. I'm almost afraid to pose her much at this point.

Back