Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

... when a person thinks that it's good to praise yet marks pokerface criticism as something negative and inappropriate.

Youre miss-using inconsistent... & I never said its good to praise.
If thats how he wants his figure to look hes done an ok job... if it was badly thrown together or there was something messed up then fine.
If he wants his snake eyes to have armour who are you to tell him to take it off?
To say take it off & that you shouldnt mix military with fantasy (which is what g.i. joe IS) isnt even criticism.. its just a statement of your personal taste.
Its not to my personal taste but its not badly done.
It's NOT a military figure, he's a ninja from a 90's toy line...
I'll leave you guys to give each other hand jobs... sugar coating is optional.

Last edited:
I'm late to this party, I got SE V2 for Christmas this year from my mom.

I didn't think I'd like the sweater at all, but in person it looks good, just not what I'd want for SE. Took the sweater off and he looks great with just the undershirt. Though the body underneath shows through an awful lot, I think I'm going to buy a second shirt and double it up. Lots of accessories, all but the Knight's Armament suppressor and TAD shoulder bag may be reuse but I love the variety and they were quality to begin with. Only things he is missing are smoke grenades and pouches for his flashbang and frag grenades, but I'll get those elsewhere.

The heads look better in person but still not ideal. Out of the box I prefer the visor head. However...............
I decided to pry both the visor and goggle pieces off their respective heads. They're glued in place but luckily mine just popped right off without issue. I was planing on making a Balaclava to slide on the visor head and put the visor back over it, but while I had the two eye pieces off I decided to switch them. I know some have posted pictures of different goggles but I have yet to see any of the pieces switched so I took some pics to share:
vi9m.jpg

2ry5.jpg

5nwc.jpg

n9fc.jpg

2vdl.jpg

8egz.jpg

The Goggle head should have the vent holes but I actually prefer the eye pieces switched to the other heads.
The questions I have now is why didn't Sideshow make the eye pieces switchable in the first place and why Sideshow didn't give us other eyewear options? It would've been fun to have a choice, they could've gave us the V3 eyewear and V4 mask as well as some other interesting inventions of their own. What a missed opportunity.

Timber... Wow, what a hunk of plastic! Way too heavy and poorly designed articulation. Though I love the size, wolves can get this big. And the articulation isn't a big deal if you get the sculpt to line up properly as if it's a solid sculpture. Also, the exclusive isn't as bad in person, I wish it was better painted though.
Snake Eyes V2 has some missteps, but to me it's a solid release and if you like this Timber, a decent value.

Yeah, without the jumper his neck does look a bit long.
Ive got a Snake Eyes V.1 shirt up for trade if you still want a shirt to go under that one.

Back