Sideshow 1/6 R5-D4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? Is it that big a deal we have to complain about it? Who cares. Vote with your wallets if you don't like it, people, but leave the rest of us in peace. $120.00 a year from now is not that big a deal. Plenty of other things to keep me occupied in the mean time.

First off, the whole point of the Forums is for people to express their views, whether positive or negative. That's the point of being here. Otherwise it would be just a fan club with only fanboys and we'd all be singing "everything is awesome" from the LEGO movie. There were many people who thought R2 was overpriced... I didn't.. I thought he was a bargain for the quality of detail and amount of accessories. I was in the minute it was previewed and preordered the second I knew it was up. Heck, I even got a bad one with the top periscope not closing right and had to wait for a new one and I still didn't ever once complain. As someone else said I have the R5D4 Hasbro version. As bad as it is I'd put him next to R2 if I really felt the need to... The only figure I'll ever have next to R2 is 3PO. And I have him on preorder also, day one, exclusive, and couldn't be happier. There were people who complained about his price too.. But that's their right. This would be an awful boring place to come to if people were only allowed to post positive views. In every thread for every figure on these forums there will be people who complain about something, whether it's the price or some inaccurate detail. You can't stop it, so don't waste your time commenting about it. As much as you don't like the complaining about the price, there's people who want to complain about you complaining that they are complaining about the price. Find a topic you want to discuss.... We are here to share our interests and have fun. Even if we disagree. :yess:

I may bite a little later with little R5 here, still need to pick up R2 though hopefully soon. It's funny, I think this figure looks better and more detailed then the actual film prop droid they used on screen in A New Hope.

A blown up charred head would have made a great exclusive. He already comes with a bad motivator.

A blown up charred head would have made a great exclusive. He already comes with a bad motivator.

With real smoking action!! They could add those little pellets like old train sets had for actual smoke!! :rotfl Now that would be an exclusive!!

Really? Is it that big a deal we have to complain about it? Who cares. Vote with your wallets if you don't like it, people, but leave the rest of us in peace. $120.00 a year from now is not that big a deal. Plenty of other things to keep me occupied in the mean time.

Actually, it is a big deal.

Waiting 12-18 months between PO and delivery for a figure is insane and unjustified - especially in this case. There should be no more than a six month wait for a pre-ordered product - period. This is not some hand-made custom figure.

Sideshow's first SW figure had a 4-6 month wait - this problem has gotten worse and worse. Google the time period from announcement/PO of PF 3PO/R2 and its ship date.

And this has to be said so maybe something will change in the future. Right?:dunno Or maybe we're heading for a two year wait period in the near future and we can all be...

stuart-smalley.jpg

This is why there is no longer any incentive to PO anything anymore. NRDs, over 1 year wait plus the inevitable product delays it's just ridiculous and like others have said will be able to pick this up later when it becomes coupon eligible.

Wow, what a bunch of junk [/Luke voice] for the promo code. I never get that. For the margins they have on all the merchandise, why not just include everything if you're celebrating Star Wars? I might've considered picking-up Obi-Wan with the coupon but battle droids and moronic clone variants? Nawwwpppp! *prints out coupon, puts in shredder, then dumps in toilet and flushes*

PS - Wor-Gar. My computer using IE11 also wouldn't display the eligible items on the right-hand side. Had to use Chrome to see them.

The margins on Star Wars stuff are extremely narrow.

I put R5 D4 in the same catagory Bossk, character designs for some reason I find cool! Nice figure but like Bossk I don't think I will buy it!

Honestly I don't think the margins can be that tight since Sideshow has rules in place for its distributors limiting how much they can discount (I believe the maximum is 8%), and that's after Sideshow's mark-up after they buy from Hot Toys, let alone stuff they create in-house (as mentioned, I doubt SSC is taking a bath on X-Wing Luke @ $240 per mass produced figure). It may be an expensive license but I'm sure they do well enough to be able to afford a one-time-a-year $25 discount for May the 4th.

Is this a Sideshow exclusive? Why doesn't BBTS have it?

Nope, it doesn't say exclusive on SS web page so you can get it from anywhere that sells SS items... Only exclusive stuff I've seen has been some of the Hot Toys stuff..

If a reseller isn't making at least 20 points on a figure, I'd be floored. As a manufacturer, regardless of license, Sideshow has to make at least 30 points on the low end as well.

Back