Sideshow 1/6 R5-D4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like R2 also went up for sale on May 4th... maybe next year we'll get a Power Droid :lol

I think R2 was a great price at $150 and one of the few figures that was less than I think the going rate would have been. I think they could easily have charged $175 for R2 and even gotten bites (me included) at $200.

R5, being a year later and much less complex is probably about spot-on price-wise if you consider that R2 was a bit of a bargain.

Gonk... :lecture

100% won't be getting this after the platastic failure the R2 was. If it was die cast I would, regardless of price.

Will probably be happy and get hasbro's R5D4. Neither one has lights, but big price difference. Might even get medicom's version if prices drop for him.

If it's between Hasbro and Medicom I'd go Hasbro... the Medicom is of course better quality, but the scale is just so off on them. Hasbro is closer (still too small) and with some weathering can look really good.

No exclusive version? Strange.

I figured it wouldn't, most times the less important characters don't get an exclusive, or the release is an exclusive.

I put R5 D4 in the same catagory Bossk, character designs for some reason I find cool! Nice figure but like Bossk I don't think I will buy it!

Man, but Bossk is such a great figure... one of Sideshow's best :lecture

Ordered, of course...

Is that tattoo on swiss cheese?

Thanks! I've got Artoo on the right. :D

That's your tattoo, but that pic of the two forearms with R2 and R5 I posted earlier wasn't yours. Amazing that two people had the same idea for those tattoos in the same place.

I don't think is that uncommon. For me, Attoo came first. But it was a natural progression to move toward wanting an R5 after that. They are my yin and yang, and remind me daily about the virtues of motivation.

Ordered this thing last night on the end of a 16 hr shift on looking at tiny pics on my tablet....no regrets, love the droid...Sideshow is king with these mechanical characters.

Point here....finally took a good look at the gallery for this guy on a decent-sized screen tonight and....what a great job on the set-ups! LOVE the street scene featuring some cool pieces from the past...little womp-rat, big dewback (SO glad I got that thing...big classy piece),the wall slug-thing on the left there, and the glimpse of those jawas.

All the pics look great, but really like that one.

I'm excited for this little droid...gonna be a long wait, but that's okay...

Waiting for preorder to open at my local store.

As a kid, I have always thought it was a bad idea to get the Kenner R5 cause he has stickers. :D

Just got the price here in europe. €180. Now that BS for a side character. Hate to see prices for new jabba characters :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back