Sideshow 1/6 R5-D4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got the price here in europe. €180. Now that BS for a side character. Hate to see prices for new jabba characters :/

Word. With the euro plummeting and the dollar climbing, collectible prices in the EU are spiralling out of control.

I thought it was bad in Canada, but the EU and Australia have it even worse. Really glad HT got into the license when they did and are making announcements like mad. It's painful in the short term but with all the ANH stuff out of the way by next year, it leaves only a few coveted characters I want from ESB and ROTJ. Once those are accounted for, I'm pretty much done.

Really glad HT got into the license when they did and are making announcements like mad. It's painful in the short term

It's doubly painful also having to buy the SSC figures to harvest heads to replace the HT versions. ;) Even doing straight-up kit bashes can get expensive - that's what I'd like to do for Old Ben, but looking for the SSC head hasn't been fruitful at all.

Ok, I like the character but $140 bucks? Sideshow is out of their mind. I wouldn't pay over $110 for this. As others have said, I'll wait for it to be coupon eligible with a discounted price, double rewards, and free shipping. I can wait a year. :)

...check that, 2 years :)

Ok, I like the character but $140 bucks? Sideshow is out of their mind. I wouldn't pay over $110 for this. As others have said, I'll wait for it to be coupon eligible with a discounted price, double rewards, and free shipping. I can wait a year. :)

Well, the Medicom one will be heavily discounted once this one comes out, so you could get that.:monkey3

Think yourself lucky it's £140=$213 in the UK

And it's $120.00 once it becomes coupon eligible. No offense to medi, but I don't know how you can be in this hobby nowadays if you consider $120.00 outrageously expensive. For most of us foreiners, $120.00 maybe covers shipping and taxes, it seems. :lol

Think yourself lucky it's £140=$213 in the UK

It'll be cheaper to order it from Sideshow and pay the VAT. But it all depends on the exchange rate when it charges.

Factoring in a $20 code and $6 reward points, at the moment it would be about £115 delivered from Sideshow.

Bought. Hope this piece arrive sooner since its simply R2 with a difference head and coat of paint.

Well this droid was lost in the threads ha ha used comic15 to get him a little cheaper 20 credits off for this broken little droid but will display well with r2 n the jawa's. The MORESW code doesnt work only comic15 for 20 off.

comic con display

https://youtu.be/pQDU73mQB3w

Last edited:
Just got R2 with the COMIC15 code and love him. Sure he isn't perfect but I still love it. So I'll absolutely be buying this once another code becomes active.

Wonder why this ships in April of 2016? Seems like it's just the released R2 with a new head.

^^It does seem a bit odd. TFA R2 first maybe?

Yeah, I guess. And I guess that means we'll be getting other astromechs in 2019.:(

It occurred to me it's just as well they didn't choose something like "Star Wars: With The Force" as the new title because we'd all be saying "WTF."

Yeah it can't be that hard to get this figure out that it takes until next March to get it. It's just a new paint job with a different upper section.

People said the same thing about the Clones. They were literally redecos for the most part and they were scheduled out months in advance from one another. Even another R2 will be sometime next year watch. Whenever they do the Imperial R2 you'd think it'd be out super fast but I predict next Spring at the earliest. It's just what the hobby seems to dictate with SSC.

Sideshow seems to move fairly slow. Especially considering they don't put out nearly as much 1/6th figures as Hot Toys does. Granted I know they have other output but it seems like almost all their figures are about a year wait.

Decided to pre-order this using a $20 off coupon. I wish it were coming out a bit faster, now just need the Jawas to become coupon eligible. I've always liked R5 even though he doesn't do anything besides crap out on Tatooine.

Back