Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3rd, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8349483942.jpg

Holy crap Simu just did a Ray Fisher he slammed Bob Chapek CEO of Disney on social media lol

His movie is not even out yet :rotfl
Well not exactly. Sounds like he had a knee jerk reaction to Chapek’s use of the word “experiment”, which was used when he referred to its 45 day theater exclusive release, not the film itself. Simu didn’t refer to Chapek directly, so I don’t expect it will amount to anything.

Well not exactly. Sounds like he had a knee jerk reaction to Chapek’s use of the word “experiment”, which was used when he referred to its 45 day theater exclusive release, not the film itself. Simu didn’t refer to Chapek directly, so I don’t expect it will amount to anything.
Wait what he just directly contradicted a statement from the CEO who cut his check lol

Wait what he just directly contradicted a statement from the CEO of who cut his check lol
He posted that “Shang-Chi is not an experiment “. The CEO said the release strategy was an “interesting experiment “. Seems more like he either misunderstood the CEO or didn’t know the context of his remark. I agree it’s not a wise move by Simu, but hardly a Ray Fisher bridge burning maneuver.

The life expectancy of his career is now shorter than a Christian snitch living in Afghanistan.
He posted that “Shang-Chi is not an experiment “. The CEO said the release strategy was an “interesting experiment “. Seems more like he either misunderstood the CEO or didn’t know the context of his remark. I agree it’s not a wise move by Simu, but hardly a Ray Fisher bridge burning maneuver.
I rate it a half Fisher then lol

Did Simu not just witness what Chapek did to Scarjo who has the most powerful talent agency and attorneys.

What chance does he have his career will be squashed right back into Kim’s convenience lol

Honestly I think that Dune will be the first true casualty of the pandemic. Pretty much everything else that was delayed due to COVID that has come out has sucked and probably would have bombed anyway. But I'll be there for Dune opening weekend no question.

Otherwise Avatar 2 will probably be the true indicator of whether the theatrical experience will endure or not.

Did Simu not just witness what Chapek did to Scarjo who has the most powerful talent agency and attorneys.

What chance does he have his career will be squashed right back into Kim’s convenience lol
You’re bound and determined to sensationalize this story. I’m beginning to think Grace has hacked your Freaks account. :lol

Honestly I think that Dune will be the first true casualty of the pandemic.
This tracks. Given our country’s collective stupidity wrt Covid, Dune’s release will probably coincide with a full-scale resurgence of the virus, be it the Delta variant or one that has yet to emerge.
I’ll see Shang-Chi in a theater, but it’ll probably be a late Sunday showing like I did with BW so the theater is mostly empty.

I have just been watching stuff on Blu Ray. I would rather watch great content on repeat than trash for the first time.
Same. It feels good to be content with the decades of great films that we now have at our fingertips. There's a definitive and iconic film/trilogy/series for pretty much every genre and IP that I could ever want. I've had pretty much every kind of theatrical experience I could ever want as well.

Do I want future generations to enjoy similar experiences? Sure, but as for me I can't complain. There's something to be said for watching restored classics on 4K too, it really does allow you to experience and appreciate them almost as if for the first time all over again. ALIEN, Predator, Top Gun, The Matrix, etc. It's awesome to revisit all of those with jaw dropping picture quality.

My biggest wants now are just 4K ALIENS, 4K Terminator with original audio, IMAX IW/EG and a handful of other 4K releases (CTB, RoboCop, etc.)

Besides being Marvel and something new in theaters, is there really anything in the trailers that you have seen that make you want to go see this movie?

Same. It feels good to be content with the decades of great films that we now have at our fingertips. There's a definitive and iconic film/trilogy/series for pretty much every genre and IP that I could ever want. I've had pretty much every kind of theatrical experience I could ever want as well.

Do I want future generations to enjoy similar experiences? Sure, but as for me I can't complain. There's something to be said for watching restored classics on 4K too, it really does allow you to experience and appreciate them almost as if for the first time all over again. ALIEN, Predator, Top Gun, The Matrix, etc. It's awesome to revisit all of those with jaw dropping picture quality.

My biggest wants now are just 4K ALIENS, 4K Terminator with original audio, IMAX IW/EG and a handful of other 4K releases (CTB, RoboCop, etc.)
YES YES AND YES!

Back