1/6 Hot Toys - Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - Wenwu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mcu was never good at villains. What they did to ultron was sad. Ultron is supposed to be an unstoppable force who could go to toe with all the avengers singlehandly and he has adtamanium (spelling) armor.

they made him some jokester who hit his ass kicked a lot. Such a stupid movie
I really enjoyed Mordo in that he represented Steve Ditjo's Objectivist beliefs and his point-of-view is completely understandable as the thought of so many powerful sorcerers abiding to a "gray area" morality could be catastrophic now that his confidence in the Sorcerer Supreme mantle is shaken. Look forward to him in MoM.

After seeing the film..hope because of the lag of a release date ..they include the arm rings in a more neon blue option as well

They won't need to regret it because if it becomes a desired figure hot toys will just reissue it
That's only a perk they bestow upon Iron Man figures. Wenwu would be on the very bottom of the hypothetical list for a reissue...peeps still be waiting on Yondu.

Mcu was never good at villains. What they did to ultron was sad. Ultron is supposed to be an unstoppable force who could go to toe with all the avengers singlehandly and he has adtamanium (spelling) armor.

they made him some jokester who hit his ass kicked a lot. Such a stupid movie
Yeah, fair point. Were it some second stringer I'd have understood it. But Iron Man was the face of the MCU and the driving force of the toy sales. To see his foes so utterly wasted is disheartening.
I really enjoyed Mordo in that he represented Steve Ditjo's Objectivist beliefs and his point-of-view is completely understandable as the thought of so many powerful sorcerers abiding to a "gray area" morality could be catastrophic now that his confidence in the Sorcerer Supreme mantle is shaken. Look forward to him in MoM.
I liked "Mordo" as a character, but not at all as a version of Mordo. He has literally nothing to do with the character from the comics and the raceswap was totally random and unneeded. Mikkelsen should've been Mordo and Ejiofor should've been a take on one of the Drumm brothers, giving Brother/Doctor Voodoo a bigger role, having one brother be against magic and the other embrace it.

Yeah, fair point. Were it some second stringer I'd have understood it. But Iron Man was the face of the MCU and the driving force of the toy sales. To see his foes so utterly wasted is disheartening.

I liked "Mordo" as a character, but not at all as a version of Mordo. He has literally nothing to do with the character from the comics and the raceswap was totally random and unneeded. Mikkelsen should've been Mordo and Ejiofor should've been a take on one of the Drumm brothers, giving Brother/Doctor Voodoo a bigger role, having one brother be against magic and the other embrace it.
I don't know, Ejiofor had an earnestness and sympathetic nature that I wonder Mikkelsen could have brought. Unfortunately he's usually the bad guy and the only time I recall him not being the villain (Rouge One) he was still removed and stoic. I think that one guy who was "killed" defending the sanctum is coming back (eventually) as Brother Voodoo.

For my money, Mordo is on the top of the MCU villains list, especially now that Loki is getting "re-vamped" by his show, which I honestly did not care for. I'm hopeful Wenwu will have similar complexity and just just be "badass" with power rings, which at this point isn't enough to make a memorable comic character bad guy.

I don't know, Ejiofor had an earnestness and sympathetic nature that I wonder Mikkelsen could have brought. Unfortunately he's usually the bad guy and the only time I recall him not being the villain (Rouge One) he was still removed and stoic. I think that one guy who was "killed" defending the sanctum is coming back (eventually) as Brother Voodoo.

For my money, Mordo is on the top of the MCU villains list, especially now that Loki is getting "re-vamped" by his show, which I honestly did not care for. I'm hopeful Wenwu will have similar complexity and just just be "badass" with power rings, which at this point isn't enough to make a memorable comic character bad guy.
I like Ejiofor in general, and I liked his performance in the film. It's just that his character isn't Mordo. At all. He's not a foil to Strange in the way Mordo is, and he's obviously not a Balkan Noble trying to bring his House to its former glory. So I don't get why he's called "Mordo" when he could've easily been a reimagining of one of the Drumm brothers. Mikkelsen would've been a great, comics-accurate Mordo, and Ejiofor could've played the same role under a different name that would've fit more. As it stands it's an unneeded change for literally no reason. I still don't get what's the point. He's not Mordo in motivation, backstory, anything. He's not the jealous rival and sole other student, as Kamar Taj is filled with them. He's literally not Mordo in anything but name. There haven't been any tie-in comics that go through his backstory in the MCU or anything like that either. He's literally an OC named Mordo. It's still perplexing to me. Rachel McAdams being wasted as Palmer instead of being Clea is another thing I still cannot understand. Not to mention Mikkelsen being wasted as a literal who instead of being Dormammu's Avatar/Vessel, and Dormammu himself being wasted as well. The Strange-Verse has some weird casting and choices.

True, Mordo was an MCU creation in execution. I was just one who didn't mind the changes as I felt they enhanced the story, which was comic "based" but not comic "accurate." Other times those changes don't work for me. I credit Ejiofor's performance as the key.

True, Mordo was an MCU creation in execution. I was just one who didn't mind the changes as I felt they enhanced the story, which was comic "based" but not comic "accurate." Other times those changes don't work for me. I credit Ejiofor's performance as the key.
Sure, but I'd have liked it more if the character wasn't named "Mordo". It irks me. There are tons of no-name sorcerers in the comics that they could've reworked. It seems that they just had to have a "Mordo" somewhere because he's Strange human Arch-Nemesis, but didn't really want to do Mordo, so they made an OC and named it thus. As a comicfan it irks me, even though I like the character in the film. I don't know, I feel the Strange flick wasted a lot of actors and characters in general. McAdams, Mikkelsen and Stuhlbarg having such bit-roles rubbed me off the wrong way as I can think tens of other, meatier characters they'd have been great as.

That seems to be the consensus.
I argued on my podcast that he’s the actual main character of the story. If you think about how much of the movie is dedicated to his story and how much it is closely tied to the events of the film compared to Shang chi, you might agree. Shang chi is basically along for the ride.

He was a great villain, if you can class him as that, a classic tale of someone not being able to escape from their past. Tony Leung’s performance really sold it too, I really did feel for him.

I remember him from Hard Boiled, which I bought on a Criterion Collection DVD. Spine number NINE.

From a Suncoast. LOL.
Wow. I still own a Cantonese copy of Hard Boiled I got years ago. Had no idea, until just now, he was in that. 😳 Also just found out about The Grandmaster and will be watching that tomorrow. Maybe I’m becoming a fan. 👍🏻 I got into the IP man flicks just recently. I had thought the Enterbay IP Man was a tad pricey at $300 but this thing is $250 and has a fraction of the accessories. Maybe not a bad deal after all.

Updated headsculpt for Wenwu.

New:

30JnV9R.png

8f5kZF5.jpg

Before:

3oQJWxQ.jpg

zqBaloj.jpg

pWF5TCD.jpg

Last edited:
I thought the first one was already fantastic. HT is so odd when they decide to improve figures that didn’t really need a revised sculpt and then go and make things like Peacemaker.

Back