Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3rd, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that like Jedi speed-running? Speed-punching?

I've seen Bruce Lee punch faster. And for real.

Was from Genndy's animated Clone Wars show. To say that he took some liberties with abilities is an understatement, but definitely an entertaining one. This could be his use of Jedi speed along with the "shatterpoint" ability to identify a fracture or weak point in something. You know, cool Jedi stuff that no one really highlights in the movies for some reason.

In the movies, Jedi were very clueless in their shiny tower.

A Sith Lord...?

I know everyone reads that in stiff Sam Jackson voice.

Only time I seen something special was right at the beginning of TPM when they used their speed force down the hallway. Where were those kind of powers the rest of the way?

Only time I seen something special was right at the beginning of TPM when they used their speed force down the hallway. Where were those kind of powers the rest of the way?

The force sucks. It's just like magic. Magic sucks too because it's ambiguous and inconsistent. Super powers in general can be somewhat inconsistent, especially in certain situations where characters are nerfed or enhanced via plot armor like Batman because the plot requires a character to fail or succeed. However, magic and the force are far worse because people do random things, like in the last SW film when Kylo magically gets a lightsaber from Rey....that's straight up magic, not the force as it was in the original trilogy. Some people will argue that new abilities can be developed, but that's a lazy excuse. It's just magic with a different name. Yoda's ghost shoots lightning that can affect the world of the living? Wut? It's too silly.

The MCU has done a better job with Dr. Strange by keeping him somewhat grounded and limited compared to the comic version. That's probably going to change in the sequel tho.

The force sucks. It's just like magic. Magic sucks too because it's ambiguous and inconsistent. Super powers in general can be somewhat inconsistent, especially in certain situations where characters are nerfed or enhanced via plot armor like Batman because the plot requires a character to fail or succeed. However, magic and the force are far worse because people do random things, like in the last SW film when Kylo magically gets a lightsaber from Rey....that's straight up magic, not the force as it was in the original trilogy. Some people will argue that new abilities can be developed, but that's a lazy excuse. It's just magic with a different name. Yoda's ghost shoots lightning that can affect the world of the living? Wut? It's too silly.

The MCU has done a better job with Dr. Strange by keeping him somewhat grounded and limited compared to the comic version. That's probably going to change in the sequel tho.

Kylo didn’t really have a real lightsaber in his hand it was an illusion he mind tricked his opponents into believing he had one so when he cut them it was really Rey from behind them lol

Well even though it is all fake, you need to create some common sense structure for the Force. KK and her cronies JJ and RJ just came up with lazy logic, maybe were not even questioned about it, and just used it in ignorant ways. The ST is dead to me!

I do agree that Strange has been done pretty well up to this point.

Ewan did a super jump to catch up with Maul and Qui-Gon at the end. Anakin did some funky moves in 2 and 3 I think. Must watch ROTS again.

Speed running.... Super-leaps... falling for miles and being able to grab a passing speeder... amazing force balancing (Anakin on lava-bot)... Obi-Wan hanging on razor-wire and swinging his weight to safety...

Lol the whole mustafar fight is ridiculous if you think about it in real world logic. The heat , the fumes, the scorching metal. They both should have been burned or could barely breathe. But Star Wars was never realistic so

Lol the whole mustafar fight is ridiculous if you think about it in real world logic. The heat , the fumes, the scorching metal. They both should have been burned or could barely breathe. But Star Wars was never realistic so

Except it was just the fans that got burned :lol

Lol the whole mustafar fight is ridiculous if you think about it in real world logic. The heat , the fumes, the scorching metal. They both should have been burned or could barely breathe.

Definitely the most preposterous fight ever put to film.

Next would be Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda.

The force

Except it was just the fans that got burned :lol

The old school born or born the 70s fans. My generation loved it and still do. It?s no dumber than a guy who shoots webs out his hands. Don?t pay attention to real world logic when u enjoy most things haha.

I get it tho. I understand when ot fans hate it.

The old school born or born the 70s fans. My generation loved it and still do. It?s no dumber than a guy who shoots webs out his hands. Don?t pay attention to real world logic when u enjoy most things haha.

I get it tho. I understand when ot fans hate it.

Get off my lawn. :pfft:

I don't get the complaints about the Force when most capeflicks have even more moronic powers and "explanations" for them. Take the X-Men, a property that for the past few decades has been treated as "serious" and "mature" full of allegories. Now tell me how the everloving Hell a "gene" allows a woman to CONTROL THE GODDAMN WEATHER and another guy to have PORTALS TO AN INFINITE PUNCH DIMENSION IN HIS EYES (no, seriously, that's Cyke's power, I'm not making it up). X-Men's powers are even worse than magic. At least magic has some consistent rules. The X-Gene is far out. And that's not even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to capes and their internal "rules".

So compared to all, some TK, TP, faster reflexes and Astral Projection used by Warrior Monks doesn't really bother me. It's more "grounded" than most things that are advertised as "grounded". Don't even get me started on Batman...

Lol they want to make Batman unbeatable so bad and I hate that. The charm of the character is that he?s a man who is in over his head but still goes up against monsters and gods cause he?s insane

Back