Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3rd, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marvel digging into the B-List barrel of characters doesn't bode well for this Phase. I like Shang-Chi and applaud pulling characters like him into the fray, just not sure if it's enough to give more power to the Marvel train (it's going to take a miracle to get me interested in the Eternals and Fantastic 4). Damn lucky they have the X-Men & Mutants on the way. I still say we've already seen the best from MCU (the Infinity Saga).

Going to have to get Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher & Elektra (Blade helps) in quickly to really pique my interested moving forward.

I'm not a Marvel guy and when I heard back in 2005 that they were making a Iron man movie I said "Who's that?". I had no idea who he was and look at us now!!

Do all the outfit have to look like they are made of sneaker material?

I'm sorry, this just looks terrible. Disney screaming 'we want Chinese market' at all costs. Awkwafina is like the Asian female Kevin Hart.

That said, I can see how people raised on Wandavision and Falcon and Winter Soldier would think this looks awesome.

91731234-DE4D-4424-8C64-28759238DA13.jpeg

The next Avengers is going to be terrible. I don't see this guy doing anything except serving bad sushi to the villain.

I don't think it looks terrible. Outside of the martial arts fight scenes, not sure it looks good either. Withholding judgement until further notice. Bored of the costume design choices though ... here come more crinkly plastic suits from Hot Toys.

Terrible in the sense of been-there, done-that. Not in terms of looking cheap or something. Yet, despite the budget, there is something 'cheap' about it -- like a well-done knock-off, but a knock-off all the same. A mix of Dr Strange, Mulan, and every Matrix style fight you have ever seen.

How many times can you get excited about some flashy flips where the character lands in a dramatic pose, looks up to camera as it dollies in, and nods firmly to his opponent? Even CW shows have been doing this for years now.

Interesting take that the rings are not for the fingers, but for the forearms. Might be a smarter use for them like Batman gauntlets.

Shang8.jpg

Shang10.jpg

Trailer looks great. I was originally pulling for Lewis Tan to land the role and didn't realize how close he actually came, but I hope Simu Lui knocks it out of the park. Fight choreography looks spot on. Tony Leung looks cool. Fin Fang Foom is supposed to show up. Yes, the costume is a little underwhelming, but let's see where it goes.

Even the trailer was had to finish. Jesus, this Phase is the very definition of boring. Just give me DSITMOM and F4 with DOOM and that's all I want.

Is it racist if the first main Asian MCU hero is proficient at Kung Fu?

Dunno, but this certainly was.

I don't see this guy doing anything except serving bad sushi to the villain.

The martial arts and war scenes look great, but I wish they didn't need a Marvel logo slapped on to get this kind of budget.

Dunno, but this certainly was.

The martial arts and war scenes look great, but I wish they didn't need a Marvel logo slapped on to get this kind of budget.

You wish they didnt have to slap a Marvel logo... on a movie... about a Marvel character..?

Terrible in the sense of been-there, done-that. Not in terms of looking cheap or something. Yet, despite the budget, there is something 'cheap' about it -- like a well-done knock-off, but a knock-off all the same. A mix of Dr Strange, Mulan, and every Matrix style fight you have ever seen.

How many times can you get excited about some flashy flips where the character lands in a dramatic pose, looks up to camera as it dollies in, and nods firmly to his opponent? Even CW shows have been doing this for years now.

I'll give you that. I'm just a sucker for Kung Fu and most martial arts. It brings me pure joy just on its own. What I'm not a sucker for is CG and there's obviously a bunch of that, but ah well.

Back