Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (September 3rd, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just doesn't seem like something that Wong would do. Money situation is the obvious choice. Abomination, how would the U.S. gov't lose ahold of him? Irrelevant plots for me as it is just to sucker you in for Shang Chi like Taskmaster in BW.

It just doesn't seem like something that Wong would do. Money situation is the obvious choice. Abomination, how would the U.S. gov't lose ahold of him? Irrelevant plots for me as it is just to sucker you in for Shang Chi like Taskmaster in BW.
Time will tell but I suspect neither of them chose to be in that cage...

It’s a living. Probably not a huge demand elsewhere on the jobs front for an ex-Special Forces guy turned monster with anger management issues. Or he just hasn’t met the right evil MCU megalomaniac yet.
Lol I was actually talking about the monk who was sworn to protect the realm. Now we know why he left dr strange in infinity war. He had a match

Shang Chi is up next. This is probably my least anticipated Marvel movie, but I hope they bring it on the Kung Fu action.

iZraS.gif

tenor.gif

MaleAliveBurro-max-1mb.gif

Since Abomination is in this did Tim Roth have any involvement?

edit - nevermind, just looked at imdb, apparently he did indeed.

Those rings just look ridiculous. I get that they are like training rings, but it looks plain dumb to me. Easy pass as the trailer doesn't even show me anything. The only buzz this movie is getting is Abomination vs. Wong which will last 20 seconds.

Those rings just look ridiculous. I get that they are like training rings, but it looks plain dumb to me. Easy pass as the trailer doesn't even show me anything. The only buzz this movie is getting is Abomination vs. Wong which will last 20 seconds.
How were you expecting magical rings to look - rectangular? :lol If the movie doesn't interest you that's fine, but IMO that seems like a rather silly reason to dismiss it. Based on what I've seen I'm not sold yet on Simu Liu from a charisma standpoint, but I'm keeping an open mind. A martial arts extravaganza with an MCU budget AND a DRAGON? How could it NOT pique one's interest?

How were you expecting magical rings to look - rectangular? :lol If the movie doesn't interest you that's fine, but IMO that seems like a rather silly reason to dismiss it. Based on what I've seen I'm not sold yet on Simu Liu from a charisma standpoint, but I'm keeping an open mind. A martial arts extravaganza with an MCU budget AND a DRAGON? How could it NOT pique one's interest?
Maybe have rings on the fingers like the Mandarin in the comics? I stated other reasons, like the entire trailer did nothing for me. CGI bus fight, flying spirit dogs, a character I never liked. Thought we'd see some awesome kung fu, but non-existent so far.

Maybe have rings on the fingers like the Mandarin in the comics? I stated other reasons, like the entire trailer did nothing for me. CGI bus fight, flying spirit dogs, a character I never liked. Thought we'd see some awesome kung fu, but non-existent so far.

Eh, too much bling - who wants a gaudy Mandarin? Plus I'm sure they want to differentiate as much as possible from his comic version (for obvious reasons). I thought the trailer was OK. The last thing I'm going to complain about is their NOT showing 90% of the movie's action in the damn previews. To be fair, they have to walk that tightrope - show enough to reel us in without giving away too much. I guess they haven't shown enough for you yet, but it's still a month away. :lol

Eh, too much bling - who wants a gaudy Mandarin? Plus I'm sure they want to differentiate as much as possible from his comic version (for obvious reasons). I thought the trailer was OK. The last thing I'm going to complain about is their NOT showing 90% of the movie's action in the damn previews. To be fair, they have to walk that tightrope - show enough to reel us in without giving away too much. I guess they haven't shown enough for you yet, but it's still a month away. :lol
No one makes you watch the trailer. These are just ridiculous to me:

chi13-760x380.jpg

Shang-Chi-Trailer.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Rings I like but I agree with matticus regarding the cgi especially the bus stuff looks bad so i’m hoping the House of Flying Dragon mystical animals kung fu stuff they are hiding comes off looking better which based off the trailers it does.

The humor is what I really dislike that aquafina actress is horrible lol

Back