SECOND Joker movie in development at WB starring............. Jared Leto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked Leto's Joker, would love to see more.
Besides, with Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn and Leto as Joker, DC's pretty much guaranteed to get a lot of younger folks into the seats.

WB is so azz-backwards when it comes to this. They would rather make this than try to make the best Superman movie they can.
I'm OK with WB focusing on something other than Superman or Batman, but I don't know if 20 different Joker films is the best way to go in that regard. JLI? Outsiders? A good Teen Titans film? Legion of Super Heroes? Swamp Thing? Yes, please.

Actually, if WB do this right they might just reinvigorate the CBM genre...
On the one hand, a shared universe with loosely connected stories (Shazam acknowledging Superman and Batman, Batman doing a cameo in SS, WW photo showing up in BvS... that kind of stuff) that (hopefully) appeals to the masses.
On the other hand, elseworlds stories that push the envelope and keep things fresh.

Of course, if you hated MoS, BvS, SS and JL... well, I can understand a certain, let's say, apprehension... :lol

"Doctor" Phil.... really?
Nice way to take your audience completely out of the immersion of your movie and alienate half of them at the same time.

Ficarra and Requa wrote the Bad Santa movies and directed 7 episodes of the TV show This Is Us

Yeah that makes sense now. :rolleyes2

I think this potentially could be a brilliant idea. WB could be aiming for 2 markets. The comic book audience and the general movie going audience. Why spend 300m on 1 movie aiming for a 1 billion return trying to please everyone and getting it wrong when you can spend 100 to 150m on a movie and have one aim for the general audience and another 100 to 150m movie aiming for the comic book fans. So making 650m on one of those movies is a decent return.

Probably be stuck in development limbo and never be made....too much time will have passed since SS came out anyhow...

I think this potentially could be a brilliant idea. WB could be aiming for 2 markets. The comic book audience and the general movie going audience. Why spend 300m on 1 movie aiming for a 1 billion return trying to please everyone and getting it wrong when you can spend 100 to 150m on a movie and have one aim for the general audience and another 100 to 150m movie aiming for the comic book fans. So making 650m on one of those movies is a decent return.

Why make two movies about the joker? Why make a movie of the joker no one liked? THE GA isn’t stupid. They’ll be like why the hell did the make two joker movies with the stupid tattoo guy that doesn’t connect to the last one? Why bother? It’s a stupid decision and one of the reasons why DC is doing bad right now

No one likes Letoker. Stop milking the dead dry cow.

Letoker? Quit trying to make that a thing.

So the three or four whiney fan boys that don't like him represent the majority? Jared Leto is an academy award winner for F's sake. He stole every scene he was in. I'm positive he can deliver a performance just as good as Ledger if not better. It's not his fault that suicide squad was such a **it show. It would be a complete waste for WB not to try and take advantage of that. The DCEU as a whole has at least done a good job at casting(besides the Asian woman who plays Flash)

So the three or four whiney fan boys that don't like him represent the majority? Jared Leto is an academy award winner for F's sake. He stole every scene he was in. I'm positive he can deliver a performance just as good as Ledger if not better. It's not his fault that suicide squad was such a **it show. It would be a complete waste for WB not to try and take advantage of that. The DCEU as a whole has at least done a good job at casting(besides the Asian woman who plays Flash)

Ooooo wow please tell me you aren’t serious. He sucked in every scene he was in and his appearance was cringe worthy. What movie did u watch. Also like 20 people in total like him. He tried to act better then ledger with his method acting but failed

I think this potentially could be a brilliant idea. WB could be aiming for 2 markets.
It may be smart for WB to do something different. But I'm not sure this is an Einstein/Davinci level moment. But maybe it is?

Really? I heard the R-rated Villainverses are going to be the next big thing.
I'm not against that, even. Suicide Squad is an extremely watered down, artistically bankrupt version of that I guess. Though all the supposed villains actually have hearts of gold, which seems to undercut the whole thing. . .but putting all your eggs into a Joker-verse with a bunch of Joker movies is an interesting way to go.

Look, nobody wants any beef here.

Who hates Jared Letos joker? He was the best part about suicide squad.

Leto and his Joker is the worst portrayal of the Joker in all mediums.....

Thats not an exaggeration, just fact for many.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Count me not among the many! :yess:

But seriously, I thought it was a new and interesting take on the character. It was hurt by a movie that seems to have been butchered on the cutting room.
I really do want to see what Leto can do with the character in a better movie.

Ooooo wow please tell me you aren’t serious. He sucked in every scene he was in and his appearance was cringe worthy. What movie did u watch. Also like 20 people in total like him. He tried to act better then ledger with his method acting but failed

I'm completely serious. Hate to break it to you but the vocal minority doesn't represent "everyone." His version sucks because a few people on a toy forum said so? :lol

Jared is an amazing actor and deserves another shot at playing the Character. Besides Harley Quinn, he was the only decent thing to come from that terrible movie. It's hard to know how good he could've been in that role with such a small amount of screen time.

Count me not among the many! :yess:

But seriously, I thought it was a new and interesting take on the character. It was hurt by a movie that seems to have been butchered on the cutting room.
I really do want to see what Leto can do with the character in a better movie.

Agreed. Such a stupid decision not to make him the main villain of Suicide Squad. I heard that was Ayers biggest regret.

Back