SDCC 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CCI is non-profit and I don't think reserved seating would go over well with the fans.

ok. imagine the charitable donations SDCC could generate by offering a paid / reserved section for the panels ala Six Flags Ride Pass...

Oh man... screw that then. I don't want to spend my whole time standing in lines. Sucks that its that bad but oh well.

It's not that bad. Generally speaking, just try to get into the panel for the one before the one you want to see, Hall H and BR20 excluded. And a lot of the lines move very fast. If you're waiting in line for hours for something then it's usually before the floor opens anyway. The sad part is having to sit through some crappy TV pilot for a show that's going to get cancelled after 4 episodes anyway and pretending to care what they have to say.

BUT...

I discovered Person of Interest, Nikita and The Following all because I had to attend those panels to see whatever it was that I wanted to see, so it's not really a big loss of time. And it's nice to get off the floor for a couple hours.

Hall H - Thursday you can walk in pretty easily. Friday, get there early (Game of Thrones / Walking Dead are huge draws). Saturday, I would guess that if you're not in line by 6am, you might not get in.

Couple of years ago I got in line at 8am on Saturday morning, and got within about 30-40 people from the front of the line when it stopped. No one leaves HH on Saturday. So if you don't get in on the first fill, might as well go find something else to do with your day.

Ballroom 20 is similar.

I'll be in HH Thurs/Sat, and Ballroom 20 on Fri for Marvel.

I hope to see info soon on the SSF party...please, please please still be at last years location!

Oh man... screw that then. I don't want to spend my whole time standing in lines. Sucks that its that bad but oh well.
In my opinion, it's not that difficult and well worth it to get in line around midnight for something you really want to see in Hall H. I'm not "standing" in line but resting/sleeping and I've already planned to spend the day in H, so I'm not "wasting" any time. Get dinner and party, go to the room for a change of clothes, blanket and pillow. Easy peasy.

Hi Richard!
5.gif

In my opinion, it's not that difficult and well worth it to get in line around midnight for something you really want to see in Hall H. I'm not "standing" in line but resting/sleeping and I've already planned to spend the day in H, so I'm not "wasting" any time. Get dinner and party, go to the room for a change of clothes, blanket and pillow. Easy peasy.

I guess camping outside on the street just isn't my thing.

Waiting in line for hours sounds horrible, but in my experience it's been pretty fun. Keep in mind there are people all around you that share your passion. I always wind up talking to all of the people around me, and the time goes by much faster. It's not nearly as bad as it sounds, as long as you get in and see what you want.

What really sucks is waiting in line six hours and NOT getting in.

Speaking of which, the Saturday schedule is up:

https://comiccon2014.sched.org/#2014-07-26

Between waiting outside all night on Friday and then being in Hall H from roughly 8:30am - midnight on Saturday......I might sleep right through Sunday.
We'll be in line on Thurs night for Fri HH, and then again on Fri night for Sat. We did this last year, and shall do it again! :arr

I'd like to do that one day, but tickets are a B to get. :lol
Yep. Hence one of the reasons that this will be many of ours last SDCC. :(

Waiting in line for hours sounds horrible, but in my experience it's been pretty fun. Keep in mind there are people all around you that share your passion...

Mostly that's the case... but then there was last year with the guy who talked way too loud and spit the crackers he was eating on everyone around him... or the year before when the guy in front of me tried to steal my camera equipment while he thought I was sleeping. It has definitely gotten worse/more difficult over the years.

Back