SDCC 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie companies not listing anything in a couple makes it hard to judge. Only one I'll be going to is the TORn panel Thursday night.

Dreamworks:
THE PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR - NOV. 26, 2014
HOME - MARCH 27, 2015
B.O.O.: BUREAU OF OTHERWORLDLY OPERATIONS - JUNE 5, 2015
KUNG FU PANDA 3 - DECEMBER 23, 2015

Paramount:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) 8/8/14
Paranormal Activity 5 10/24/14
Interstellar 11/7/14
Selma 12/25/14
Hot Tub Time Machine 2 12/25/14
Project Almanac 1/30/15
SpongeBob SquarePants 2 2/6/15
Scouts vs. Zombies 3/13/15
Monster Trucks 5/29/15
Terminator (2015) 7/1/15
Friday the 13th (2015) 11/13/15
Mission Impossible 5 12/25/15

Only Intersteller and Terminator have me interested and I doubt there will be much of either shown.

Penguins should be fun. The trailer I saw looked like it would be anyways. Interstellar I'm sure is going to be awesome. TMNT I think would be neat but I can just wait to see the movie. I don't give a care about Terminator so that's a pass and I'll wait to see what pops up about Friday the 13th/MI5.

I'm clueless with the Hall H waiting. Would I get crap from others around me if I hold a spot for my wife? There's no way she'll camp out at midnight.

A lot of people do that. It's no big deal if one person holds a spot for one other person. I'll be holding a spot for my Wife and my Son. But if one person holds a spot, and then 30 people show up to be in line with that one person, expect a riot.

Depends on the people around you.

Many people hold spots and have people join them - I wouldn't ask permission of the people around you because the 500 people in front of you won't. I don't have a problem with it as long as 2 campers doesn't turn into a group of 10+. We usually have 1-3 people there holding spots for 3-6 so we can rotate a bit and all get a little sleep in the hotel room too.

Many people hold spots and have people join them - I wouldn't ask permission of the people around you because the 500 people in front of you won't. I don't have a problem with it as long as 2 campers doesn't turn into a group of 10+. We usually have 1-3 people there holding spots for 3-6 so we can rotate a bit and all get a little sleep in the hotel room too.

That's what I mean. If you're holding for a couple it's not a big deal but if it's more than that it's just IMO doing the right thing letting the people behind you know.

Also it sort of depends on when they show up. It would be really bad if you had a big group of people show up right before they start letting people in. If that same group showed up at midnight, and you had been there for a few hours, maybe not as big of a deal.

I remember the first time we saw an advanced screening, it was The Avengers movie. When we got there we were about 20th in line and were stoked. By the time they let people in, we were probably about 80th. Still got in and got good seats, but we were getting more and more ticked off as all of these people kept showing up right before they opened the doors.

If anyone is lining up at the Bandai section let me know, I am lining up at the Hasbro side and we can do trades. PM me

So this is my first time and I've heard it's not worth to try to get into the panels. True? Would you really have to camp out the night before?

So this is my first time and I've heard it's not worth to try to get into the panels. True? Would you really have to camp out the night before?

I was just about to ask that as well. I know Hall H is a no go unless you want to camp out overnight but how easy is it to get into the other rooms? I see the Friday Big Bang Theory panel and that would be cool to see but I have no idea how early I would need to go there if it starts at 10:00. I am guessing it depends on subject matter but are those at least better than Hall H even for the more popular ones?

Yes, you very much need a badge to attend panels. There's some other minor stuff, but mostly panels + exhibit hall = comic con.

Really depends what you're into. Bigger profile panels with bigger name guests of course draw bigger crowds, but there are lots of great smaller panels and events that are easier to get into. You can go to SDCC for years, do different things every year and still not have seen it all. But yeah, spending all your time in line or sleeping on the hard ground will ruin the experience for a lot of people. Last year I spent part of the time sleeping on the sidewalk next to a trash can of rotten food surrounded by flies. :lol Tired, dirty, sleep and food deprived, I found it comically horrible that I was paying to do that. I saw one guy who had camped out all night only to fall asleep in his chair once seated. It was sad to see, he fought to stay awake all day but kept losing. There's no point getting into a panel if you don't have a good time. After all the time and money and effort getting there, he slept through the whole thing.

Last edited:
imagine the additional income SDCC could generate by offering a paid / reserved section for the panels ala Six Flags Ride Pass...

CCI is non-profit and I don't think reserved seating would go over well with the fans.

Back