Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant find one single aspect of these new designed Predators
that I like.
Bio Mask's sux.
Body armor sux
Face really really sux.
I pray to God:pray: the movie doesn't suck but from what I've
seen so far there's a damn good chance it will.

Well, I can't say much else other than to point out that's your problem.

And why would the movie suck? We've all been pretty psyched for this film until these new pics came. All of a sudden, based on some designs, we think the movie itself will be bad? How exactly is this a fair judgement? The whole "creature > movie" argument is exactly what killed AVP-R.
I honestly believe that because the first two Alien/Pred-related movies this century didn't meet some of your guys' standards, a select few of you have become unpleasable to the point where anything but the original won't cut it. Some will hate new designs, others will love them. The way I see it, RR at least kept his promise -- this certainly is different. And there's no reason to overthink that word at this point. For now, different is simply different.
That's just me, and I'm not accusing anyone of anything. But we really should see the movie first, before complaining about everything including the film as a whole (which, once again, is a pretty nutty thing to do anyway).

So copying the first film "warrants our attention"!?

It got you pissed off, didn't it :dunno?

And there's nothing copied, except for bringing back the P1 look. And those who are complaining about how this film is a replica of the first (which it clearly isn't) are the same people who complained about P2 and AVP-R not being set in the jungle (or being enough like P1). So be a little happy and accept that at least one wish has been granted, or if not, wait until the final thing comes out before insulting every aspect of it, including the stuff we haven't even really seen.

Last edited:
I completely agree blade3327. Lets just all see it first :D . If we all were the same and agreed, the forum would be boring. The same if all the preds looked the same ;)

It got you pissed off, didn't it :dunno?

:confused: I could care less. I've already stated as much. I don't consider the original Predator to be some holy grail of film making like some of these people. Just pointing out the idiocy of certain comments from certain people.

And there's nothing copied, except for bringing back the P1 look. And those who are complaining about how this film is a replica of the first (which it clearly isn't) are the same people who complained about P2 and AVP-R not being set in the jungle (or being enough like P1).

Well first off.. that was never me. I thought Predator 2 and even AVP (unlike this film) at least had an original setting and something different. And I've stated that before. And if you honestly can't see how hard this movie IS trying to copy the original then that's on you. But it's almost laughable how much imitation is going on considering all the talk of this film adding something "new" and "fresh" to the Predator universe. There's numerous examples of copying between this film and the original Predator. If you wanna pretend that this is 100% original feel free.

Last edited:
Well, it's like you've said countless times. The Predator movies were never the grails of Hollywoood movie-making. They all had similar plots, and usually only the settings changed. No matter what little minor stories there were as far as character backgrounds go, they all ended up being fairly alike.
And we are getting something new and fresh. Look at what all these people have praised/complained about for the past ten pages!
Like I said, all of these movies have more common ground than differences. But here, we at least get something entirely new and unexpected. If you have a problem with the look (and all of us have at least a few small nitpicks), then that's fine. But if you're going to look at those shots and say it's not something you haven't seen before, then that's on you.

My argument is simply against those who are using production stills without editing and lighting (and not screencaps, for sure) as a reason to bash the entire flick, when they haven't even seen it yet. And we all know they will, regardless of what complaints are made.

I just hope its not a copy-fest like AvP:R was, because when that stupid just-got-out-of-jail-im-so-cool-duuuuhhh twat said "Get to the choppa" I almost cried.

There's only two lines they added from Predator in the script.
"If it bleeds..."

and

one other one....

But nothing as lame as AvP-R...lol.

And plus, this is on a different planet, with aliens everywhere, so...how can this be a copy of Predator? They're in a jungle? Ehhhh.

But if you're going to look at those shots and say it's not something you haven't seen before, then that's on you.

So even though the designs look completely atrocious I should praise them because I haven't seen them before specifically in a Predator film!? Is that how you define "New" and "Original"? Putting something we've all seen elsewhere into a different film?

So if this movie duplicated the soldier dying in Platoon (where he's on his knees, arms raised towards the sky) you would consider that "new" and "original" since it's never been in a Predator flick!?

The face design looks a villain from The Guyver or Mighty Morphin Power Rangers with some Mutated Spiderman and Sammael from Hellboy thrown in painted up like the aliens from They Live with fruity colored dreads that look like something Joel Schumacher would love.

plus, this is on a different planet, with aliens everywhere, so...how can this be a copy of Predator? They're in a jungle? Ehhhh.

:lol Yeah.. an alien planet. They could've done a million different, original things with that. Instead, they opted to make it look exactly like any generic jungle you could easily find on Earth. So the fact that it's an alien planet becomes irrelevant.

It's a jungle. With a group of soldiers/killers who are working together to fight off a monster. Some die, some live. And the hero ends up covered in mud for the final battle with the monster.. where the hero kills it.

Completely original and NOTHING like the first Predator movie.

Last edited:
There's only two lines they added from Predator in the script.
"If it bleeds..."

and

one other one....

But nothing as lame as AvP-R...lol.

And plus, this is on a different planet, with aliens everywhere, so...how can this be a copy of Predator? They're in a jungle? Ehhhh.

Do tell us the other one...?

BTW, to me this seems like the "Avatar" of Pred movies. Okay, maybe that's a bad example, but it fills in a lot of holes and GREATLY builds up on the Predator mythos (something we've needed new material for a looooong time ago), whether it's new creatures, new Pred social classes like Bad Bloods and Rogues, etc. I gotta say, this is gonna be nice.

So even though the designs look completely atrocious I should praise them because I haven't seen them before specifically in a Predator film!? Is that how you define "New" and "Original"? Putting something we've all seen elsewhere into a different film?

So if this movie duplicated the soldier dying in Platoon (where he's on his knees, arms raised towards the sky) you would consider that "new" and "original" since it's never been in a Predator flick!?

The face design looks a villain from The Guyver or Mighty Morphin Power Rangers with some Mutated Spiderman and Sammael from Hellboy thrown in painted up like the aliens from They Live with fruity colored dreads that look like something Joel Schumacher would love.

I'm not asking you to praise squat. I'm just asking you to cool it, because like it or not, it IS new. Saying it looks like "blah, blah, blah, funny-gay-joke-that's-so-good-I-can't-stop-laughing-but-I'm-really-rolling-my-eyes-because-that-seems-to-be-the-only-material-you-have" doesn't mean it's not original. It's new enough to get this reaction out of people.

Ay, caramba... Five bucks says this guy'll see the movie in theaters. Really, safest bet I ever made. Like it or not, he'll do it.

Take your own advice bro. Or do you wanna bring up the script again? :nana:

I'm not "going after you". I'm going to comment, because the ____ you say about certin things is just very silly. :dunno

And I would love to bring the script up again. As soon as you read the ____ing thing. :impatient:

Ay, caramba... Five bucks says this guy'll see the movie in theaters. Really, safest bet I ever made. Like it or not, he'll do it.

He's a Predator fan. Of course he will. I would've been doing the same thing he's doing now if I didnt read the script.

Thats the ONLY reason, and Brody being cast, that I cant wait for this movie.

:lol Yeah.. an alien planet. They could've done a million different, original things with that. Instead, they opted to make it look exactly like any generic jungle you could easily find on Earth. So the fact that it's an alien planet becomes irrelevant.

It's a jungle. With a group of soldiers/killers who are working together to fight off a monster. Some die, some live. And the hero ends up covered in mud for the final battle with the monster.. where the hero kills it.

Completely original and NOTHING like the first Predator movie.

You forgot to add that each person was hand picked from earth, and then taken to this planet to be hunted. That changes things enough so that it's not the same plot as Predator.

Oh and by the way, there is nothing original. And Predator itself was not original. So I fail to see the reason why you care about this.

You forgot to add that each person was hand picked from earth, and then taken to this planet to be hunted. That changes things enough so that it's not the same plot as Predator.

Oh and by the way, there is nothing original. And Predator itself was not original. So I fail to see the reason why you care about this.

What's more, you get Bad Blooded Predators who even go against their own race. Add in some new creatures and twists, and just like the previous Predator films, you turn the familiar into the unfamiliar.

Five bucks says this guy'll see the movie in theaters. Really, safest bet I ever made. Like it or not, he'll do it.

He's a Predator fan. Of course he will.

Guess you BOTH owe me $5 dollars. I'll PM my address. Check or Money Order. :lol

AVP was the last Alien/Predator movie I saw/will ever see in a theatre. Unless something REALLY peaks my interest about one of those franchises films. And nothing about this film has done that. I bought AVP:R on DVD for like $11.99. I'll be doing the same for this.

So.. gimme my money!!! :yess:

They only mention that stuff in passing. It's in the plot, but it's not a huge part.

The only new creatures are the Dogs, Falcon, and one Alien monster that was taken by the Predators.

Guess you BOTH owe me $5 dollars. I'll PM my address. Check or Money Order. :lol

AVP was the last Alien/Predator movie I saw/will ever see in a theatre. Unless something REALLY peaks my interest. And nothing about this film has done that. I bought AVP:R on DVD for like $11.99. I'll be doing the same for this.

So.. gimme my money!!! :yess:

Sneak in...:dunno:lol

Buy a ticket for The A-Team if it's still out. Lord knows that movie needs MONEY!

And why the tits did you buy AvP-R for 12 bucks, when you could've just watched it for 5 at the theater........:cuckoo:

They only mention that stuff in passing. It's in the plot, but it's not a huge part.

The only new creatures are the Dogs, Falcon, and one Alien monster that was taken by the Predators.

Still enough to make this a new experience, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back