RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solo - 7/10
I think this movie never got a fair chance. Pretty much everything you heard about it before it came out was that it was production hell (which it probably was) and that it would be a trainwreck (which was pure speculation). Pair that with the release following very closely after The Last Jedi which was dissapointing for a lot of people and you got a recipe for box office failure. It's a bummer it didn't perform well, because it is a fun movie and I would've loved to see more adventures of a young Han.

Beau is Afraid: 8.5/10

Another stellar performance by Joachin Phoenix and honourable mention to Parker Posey

Dark/ sad/ portrayal of a man and his relationship with his mother

Could be Oscar worthy

Last edited:
The Last Duel 8/10
Took me by surprise how great this film is and I’m anxious to rewatch it, which rarely occurs these days. Ridley Scott does a great job in subtlety (wow really?!) with the three versions of this story. I’m very happy he seems to have an obsession with the Crusades and hopes that he just sticks to these films instead of any more Alien flicks. The film stays with you which rarely happens these days and that’s probably a lot to do with the performances, Adam Driver is always terrific, but it is Matt Damon who steals it, he is extraordinary and one of my favorite performances of his now. He has an incredible, quiet presence in this film, similar but different enough to what he has done before.

Oh and the action is typically brutal Gladiator style and obviously well done. My only sadness is this film feels like the end of a Hollywood era, a brutal, complicated, adult, big budget Hoywood film? Those films don’t exist anymore.

Three Thousand Years of Longing - 6.5/10
An interesting watch. Kinda falls in the category of "is it real or not." Both Tilda Swinton and Idris Elba were really good in this.

Citadel 1.1 6/10
I’ve seen this all before and better done than this. Full of cliches with nothing remotely original. Tbh I was bored by it.

The Baby: 7/10

Bat **** crazy. Not a great film but a solid one. Very original and well acted, with a terrific twist ending. I saw this on joe bob briggs' last drive in, where he called it the opposite of a misogynistic film. Should have a trigger warning for male viewers.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - 8/10
I kinda had to drag my *** to the cinema for this because of a major case of Marvel fatigue, but I am really glad I did. I thought it was a great watch and a good way to end their story. I think the High Evolutionary was a great villain and quite creepy. Unfortunately the music wasn't as good as in the previous movies. Where the song selection in 1 and 2 was mostly from the 70s, with the Zune they found they now have access to more modern songs which don't quite fit the Guardians in my opinion. I also wasn't a big fan of the team outfits. I like a more ragtag look. But all in all it was a good film and probably the end of an era. It'll probably be a while before I will watch another Marvel movie on the big screen.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - 8/10
I kinda had to drag my *** to the cinema for this because of a major case of Marvel fatigue, but I am really glad I did. I thought it was a great watch and a good way to end their story. I think the High Evolutionary was a great villain and quite creepy. Unfortunately the music wasn't as good as in the previous movies. Where the song selection in 1 and 2 was mostly from the 70s, with the Zune they found they now have access to more modern songs which don't quite fit the Guardians in my opinion. I also wasn't a big fan of the team outfits. I like a more ragtag look. But all in all it was a good film and probably the end of an era. It'll probably be a while before I will watch another Marvel movie on the big screen.
Music was hit and miss for me. I guess that might be because Vols 1 & 2 were so good!

I did enjoy the Beastie Boys playing over the final team up scene. Whilst it maybe felt too out of place, Dog Days Are Over did fit nicely during the ending too.

I didn't mind the team outfits. Admittedly, the characters do look better in their individual outfits though.

Blacklight with Liam Neeson. Didn't think a film with him could be bad, but this was. 3/10 absolutely tepid.

I was making my way through the top 50 or so highest-rated movies on IMDB. I really need to find a better list though, cause crap like "Interstellar" or modern-day fad movies like "Into the Spider-Verse" don't belong on best of all time list.

Anyway, I finally sat down and watched "Casablanca" all the way through. It was surprisingly good for a movie that's over 80 years old. The first half hour or so was really interesting...kind of sucked me into the world of WWII era Morocco. Would have been fun hanging out at Rick's bar. Some parts kinda dragged, but all in all, it holds up. So many all time classic movie quotes too. I can see why people still think Bogart was such a cool dude.

Then I crossed another movie off the list...."City of God." Man. That was a tough one to watch. Very well done on a technical level, but the subject matter was so bleak. Glad I watched it, but I'll never watch it again.

"Triangle of Sadness."

Not very good. Extremely pretentious. Sloooow beginning...interesting middle section but do NOT watch it before or after eating. Third act kind of drew me in but the very end sucked.

At least I made it through the whole thing. I only got about a half hour into "Babylon." Every bad review you heard about that movie was right on the money. Truly appallingly bad movie.

Dungeons and Dragons: 6.5/10

Fun enough I guess, but nothing particularly special. 2 dimensional characters, forgettable story, broad comedy that was funny a couple of times, OK action with middling CG, decent acting--nothing horrible, nothing great (Hugh Grant was the best thing about the movie). Pretty cool reference to the animated show during one of the later scenes. I would never watch this again, but if you take away a couple of completely unnecessary uses of profanity then this would be great for a pre-teen.

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantummania - 4/10
I remember a time when I was excited for new Marvel movies and often would be there on opening day. Nowadays I might watch them when they are available on Disney+, where I watched this one last night.
I absolutely hated Cassie. The adorable little kid from part 1 and 2 transformed into another know-it-all bitchy teen who manages to make stuff that most people couldn't even dream of, in a basement. Just like that Iron-Man wannabe in Black Panther 2.
A lot of the fun in the previous Ant-Man movies came from him being really small or really tall in the real world. When in a busy, CGI dominated wonderland, these size differences don't have all that much effect to be honest. Kang was kinda lame and don't even get me started on MODOK.

Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantummania - 4/10
I remember a time when I was excited for new Marvel movies and often would be there on opening day. Nowadays I might watch them when they are available on Disney+, where I watched this one last night.
I absolutely hated Cassie. The adorable little kid from part 1 and 2 transformed into another know-it-all bitchy teen who manages to make stuff that most people couldn't even dream of, in a basement. Just like that Iron-Man wannabe in Black Panther 2.
A lot of the fun in the previous Ant-Man movies came from him being really small or really tall in the real world. When in a busy, CGI dominated wonderland, these size differences don't have all that much effect to be honest. Kang was kinda lame and don't even get me started on MODOK.
Yeah, I'd give it a 5/10 coz some of the aliens were bizarre as well as some of the environments.

What's weird for me is that the acting was fine, Rudd was very good, but it all felt flat and not interesting. I didn't engage with the film and not even sure what was off.

Dungeons and Dragons: 6.5/10

Fun enough I guess, but nothing particularly special. 2 dimensional characters, forgettable story, broad comedy that was funny a couple of times, OK action with middling CG, decent acting--nothing horrible, nothing great (Hugh Grant was the best thing about the movie). Pretty cool reference to the animated show during one of the later scenes. I would never watch this again, but if you take away a couple of completely unnecessary uses of profanity then this would be great for a pre-teen.
This is interesting because I felt the trailer was lackluster then I hear from people this movie is the second coming or something, it didn't jive for some reason. Your review seems to describe the movie I saw in the trailer. Can't say I'd ever watch this. My son who plays the game off and on has passed on it even.

This is interesting because I felt the trailer was lackluster then I hear from people this movie is the second coming or something, it didn't jive for some reason. Your review seems to describe the movie I saw in the trailer. Can't say I'd ever watch this. My son who plays the game off and on has passed on it even.
Yeah, I only saw it because my sense was that it was way better than people expected it to be (RT scores are off the charts), but maybe their expectations were really low to start with? I would sum it up by saying that this was a safe movie. Any time there was an opportunity to take a real risk, they went in the opposite direction. No real feeling of threat, and the ending was ridiculously predictable.

And as I think this through, maybe that is why the RT scores are what they are. I don't think many people would walk away from this movie hating it. Nothing offensive to annoy or piss anyone off. It's OK, but just barely passes over that threshold from mediocre to OK. So, loads of lukewarmly positive reviews and not many negatives?

Last edited:
Guardians of the Galaxy 3 9/10

Really only loses a point for me because the ending was so bitter-sweet, it was a little too depressing.

Great villain in the High Evolutionary. Tragic background for Rocket, but wonderful character development.

Absolutely have loved this team of heroes over the last 9 years, will miss them all being together on the screen again.

"The Little Mermaid (2023)" 6/10

The movie did well to evoke memories of the cartoon. My kids enjoyed it and that's what counts IMO.

I do not mind Ariel's race change, however, I did find it odd that her sisters were all from different races. Are they all adopted? None of them are the same race as their father too it seems. I also found it very distracting that the very British royal family is ruling over what seems to be an island in the Caribbean. Long live the empire eh?

Sebastian as a crab was also weird to me. :lol

That said, Ursula was perfectly cast.

Marriage Story - 7/10
I've been meaning to watch this and finally did so yesterday. I've never been in a divorce and hope I never will be, but it seems to me a lot of trouble could've been prevented if it hadn't been for greedy lawyers.

Back