Rank your favorite ALIEN.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite xenomorph?

• ALIEN

Votes: 239 42.5%
  • ALIENS

Votes: 256 45.5%
  • ALIEN 3

Votes: 48 8.5%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 20 3.6%

• Total voters
This was actually a hard choice to make as i love all the first 3 alien creatures.
Alien was the original and best film out of all 3 but aliens is my favourite to watch for the adrenalin factor and has more of them to look at.
Alien 3, dog,is my favourite looking figure, especially the hot toys figure.

But I finally voted on "alien" as my favourite, as it was a rapist,thank you much love and goodnight:rotfl

I went for the original. Love the smooth dome. Was an awesome design, then cameron just made them giant insects. :( sigh.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0i3R5lmKXWU?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0i3R5lmKXWU?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

That was kind of the point. Cool if you don't like it, but they were meant to be more insectoid to fit in with the hive idea.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0i3R5lmKXWU?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0i3R5lmKXWU?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

That was kind of the point. Cool if you don't like it, but they were meant to be more insectoid to fit in with the hive idea.

I think he's referencing that, that was not Ridleys original intent. The way they originally created eggs and behaved was a lot more "alien".

Me personally, I don't mind too much. I like the queen.

The queen was the icing on the cake. Cameron made a great sequel.

Yeah don't get me wrong, i LOVE aliens as a movie. But i just think cameron turned them into basiclaly giant bugs, as opposed to the much more "alien" type creature from the first film. Didnt like the queen too much and i dont really like the way the aliens behave in regards to the way the first alien behaved. If that makes sense. I find the original way they create eggs from the first film much more interesting and much more "alien". Each to their own really. Just my preference.

Yeah don't get me wrong, i LOVE aliens as a movie. But i just think cameron turned them into basiclaly giant bugs, as opposed to the much more "alien" type creature from the first film. Didnt like the queen too much and i dont really like the way the aliens behave in regards to the way the first alien behaved. If that makes sense. I find the original way they create eggs from the first film much more interesting and much more "alien". Each to their own really. Just my preference.

Forgive me but whats the original way they created the eggs?

They cocooned up a victim and then said victim is slowly turned into an egg. It was in the "directors cut" of Alien. I just found that much more horrible and scary than the giant queen laying eggs.

Jeunet is brilliant, it's just that he wasn't suited for the material. Besides, the script was crap, and I don't think Jeunet took the whole thing too seriously... he just thought "cool, let's do a Hollywood blockbuster".

So I do rank AvP over A:R.

Having said that, I would never rank Anderson over Jeunet.

I love Jenuet as well and had high hopes when it was first announced. Alas the movie was a disaster. But I can't fully blame the script. Whedon's script appears to be terrible. I read this interview with Whedon about it:

Uh...you know, it wasn’t a question of doing everything differently, although they changed the ending, it was mostly a matter of doing everything wrong. They said the lines...mostly...but they said them all wrong. And they cast it wrong. And they designed it wrong. And they scored it wrong. They did everything wrong that they could possibly do. There’s actually a fascinating lesson in filmmaking, because everything that they did reflects back to the script or looks like something from the script, and people assume that, if I hated it, then they’d changed the script...but it wasn’t so much that they’d changed the script; it’s that they just executed it in such a ghastly fashion as to render it almost unwatchable. (Pauses) Good times. (Pauses again) Well, I really must go...

I thought he came off as a whiny jerk who blamed others for his crappy script.

But then I watched Firefly.

And I totally "got" it. I had never really watched Buffy or Angel either, so I didn't "get" his sense of humor before. Once I watched Firefly, I ended up watching the entire Buffy and Angel series and I understood how he envisioned Alien Resurrection. You're right that Jenuet didn't take it too seriously either. He really should have reworked it to suit his own style and humor. In the audio commentary for the movie, he is totally like how you describe: just happy to be doing a Hollywood movie.

So next time you watch Alien Resurrection (or just think about it), just picture it as an episode of Firefly.

Oh, and I voted for "Alien". I love the original's creepy, quiet mood.

They cocooned up a victim and then said victim is slowly turned into an egg. It was in the "directors cut" of Alien. I just found that much more horrible and scary than the giant queen laying eggs.

I dunno maybe its stupid of me but I've never seen the queen egglayer of Aliens as ruling out the above ever possibly happening. Maybe each alien is capable of doing that - turning hosts into eggs - when they are outside of the hive environment. Of course no subsequent film portrayed this so its kinda pointless even mentioning it.

I dunno maybe its stupid of me but I've never seen the queen egglayer of Aliens as ruling out the above ever possibly happening. Maybe each alien is capable of doing that - turning hosts into eggs - when they are outside of the hive environment. Of course no subsequent film portrayed this so its kinda pointless even mentioning it.

I THINK someone mentioned something like this in the AvP vieo game thread. Cant quite remember though. Or that may actually have been about any alien having the ability to become a queen. Not really sure. Anyway, again it was all theory. Nothing wrong with that though. :)

Beautiful unofficial concepts for the alien prequel's space jockey:

13ymlxe.jpg

25zmh52.jpg

cool concepts. i especially like the one with the clear dome.
but, the movie said he was growing out of the chair, so i dunno how those would work.

Dallas said "Looks like it's growing out of the chair."
It wasn't a certainty.
However, I do like the idea of the SJ being one with his spacecraft...

i think both alien and aliens are amazing but if i had to pick one i would go with alien...mainly because it's one of my all time favorite movies. it's just this gorgeous gothic, moody, dark, opressive piece of film. i was a little kid when i first saw it with my dad. defnitely made a lasting impression. the alien is so sleek, so weird in it's movements and the whole time you really don't know what the hell it is. it's got this otherwordly quality to it that the aliens in cameron's film don't have.

This is so much better left in the imagination. I have admired the Space Jockey for over a quarter century as it was and have a very bad feeling about any kind of story pertaining to it. That said, these all look fascinating, but is Giger involved at all?

Back