Rank your favorite ALIEN.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite xenomorph?

• ALIEN

Votes: 239 42.5%
  • ALIENS

Votes: 256 45.5%
  • ALIEN 3

Votes: 48 8.5%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 20 3.6%

• Total voters
Hmm. Just have to disagree then. But I would call myself a Cameron fan so I have a bias.

T1 - fantastic
T2 - almost as good
Aliens - fantastic
The Abyss - pretty good
True Lies - very entertaining
Titanic - love it, not ashamed to say it
Avatar - very enjoyable, not life changing but a cool film
oh, i'm not trying to change your mind or anything. if you respect Cameron, great. but, i think he's a hack who steals movie ideas from better stories, dresses them up with expensive fx, and pathologically pats himself on the back for it. and i don't see much evidence to the contrary. but, that's not to say i don't enjoy Aliens, i just don't take it or Cameron seriously at all. it is what it is, and i like movies about blowing ____ up too.

Well I don't think anyone would say his films stories are the most original but he knows how to make an entertaining and enjoyable film.

As for Aliens I just think any sequel to Alien that re-involved Ripley with the that creature was logically going to have guns and soldiers as theres no way the character would go back to LV-426 otherwise. And on LV426 there was inevitably going to be more than one alien. Thus Cameron simply took the story in its most obvious direction. And thankfully he succeeded in making a good film while doing that. Someone else might not have.

Well I don't think anyone would say his films stories are the most original but he knows how to make an entertaining and enjoyable film.

As for Aliens I just think any sequel to Alien that re-involved Ripley with the that creature was logically going to have guns and soldiers as theres no way the character would go back to LV-426 otherwise. And on LV426 there was inevitably going to be more than one alien. Thus Cameron simply took the story in its most obvious direction. And thankfully he succeeded in making a good film while doing that. Someone else might not have.
just saying it's a "logical" continuation doesn't make it so. there was nothing in the original that said the eggs came from a big space monster. in fact, the extended edition says otherwise. and there was absolutely no military aspect or projection in it. Alien was essentially a body horror/space opera film about space truckers who got screwed over by a corporation for a goddamn percentage. turning that into a boilerplate Vietnam genre narrative makes zero sense to me. that's like Cameron making a sequel to 2001 where marines gun down hoards of monoliths. but, Cameron knew the mid-1980s audience would eat it up. Aliens was a great marketing success and a fun popcorn movie, but a lousy and entirely unnecessary sequel.

:lol:lol:lol

alien_vs_alf.jpg

Movies:
Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien resurrection

Monsters:
Alien resurrection, Alien 3, Aliens, Alien

Back