Rank your favorite ALIEN.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite xenomorph?

• ALIEN

Votes: 239 42.5%
  • ALIENS

Votes: 256 45.5%
  • ALIEN 3

Votes: 48 8.5%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 20 3.6%

• Total voters
A L I E N movie and creature. The rest were meh.....and resurrection was the biggest POS of all....including the AvPs

Last edited:
Cameron brought nothing other than a fancy look to the film - it was still crap with cartoon characters, and the total demystification of the alien. At least AvP had the lack of imagination with being the first film to pit the Alien against the Predator.
there, i fixed it.

Alien. Nothing beats it. And the post above is totally false and wrong. In every single way. And if he edits my post, I will edit his. And make him a pedophile. :D

Cameron made a believable and worthy continuation of the universe and story of Ripley. But he was lucky it was only the 2nd film in the franchise.

Alien 4 is just tacked on. Nothing worthwhile in it.

Alien. Nothing beats it. And the post above is totally false and wrong. In every single way. And if he edits my post, I will edit his. And make him a pedophile. :D

:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

wow, you're gonna rank a Paul Anderson movie over a Jeunet movie? really?

Jeunet is brilliant, it's just that he wasn't suited for the material. Besides, the script was crap, and I don't think Jeunet took the whole thing too seriously... he just thought "cool, let's do a Hollywood blockbuster".

So I do rank AvP over A:R.

Having said that, I would never rank Anderson over Jeunet.

Hey, why not start a POLL for What's your favorite POLL?

Pole-dancing is my favorite poll to watch:lol

What about a poll to start a poll about a poll for favorite polls? :huh

Honestly, I think Butters is just geetered on Twinkies and being confined to his Rascal, just wanted some attention.

that's gross, man.
Cameron made a believable and worthy continuation of the universe and story of Ripley. But he was lucky it was only the 2nd film in the franchise.

Alien 4 is just tacked on. Nothing worthwhile in it.
Aliens was the same juvenile pseudo-action/scifi fluff Cameron has always made. all he did was make a formulaic Vietnam genre flick because it was so popular in the 70s-80s. then just threw in some stuff from the first movie, some hackneyed two-dimensional characters, and an even bigger space monster and called it a sequel. it even had the same ending. while it's a fun movie by itself, it's a lousy sequel to what Scott did with Alien. but, i agree that Resurrection wasn't necessary. really, none of the sequels were. AVP was just as pathetic and crass as everything else Anderson puts his name on.

Aliens was the same juvenile pseudo-action/scifi fluff Cameron has always made. all he did was make a formulaic Vietnam genre flick because it was so popular in the 70s-80s. then just threw in some stuff from the first movie, some hackneyed two-dimensional characters, and an even bigger space monster and called it a sequel. it even had the same ending.

Yet, it's better than all the Alien sequels that followed it. :dunno

that's gross, man.

Aliens was the same juvenile pseudo-action/scifi fluff Cameron has always made. all he did was make a formulaic Vietnam genre flick because it was so popular in the 70s-80s. then just threw in some stuff from the first movie, some hackneyed two-dimensional characters, and an even bigger space monster and called it a sequel. it even had the same ending. while it's a fun movie by itself, it's a lousy sequel to what Scott did with Alien.

Sooo...you've either outright never liked Camerons films or you just think he repeats himself too much? If the latter is the case wasn't Aliens only his 2nd major Hollywood film? Surely thats too early in his body of work to cite it as an example of the 'same juvenile pseudo-action sci-fi fluff'. If I can give an analogy of what I mean by that - John williams used to be my favourite composer because of all his classic scores of the late 70s through to the 90s - but now he no longer would be, despite that great body of work still being around, because all his more recent stuff is self-derivative and interchangeable and really bores me. However I'm not going back and re-evaluating his classics in a negative way now just because his recent stuff is crap. So which is it? Probably you've just never been really impressed with Cameron's stuff then?

no, it's just more successful. Cameron is much better at promoting himself.

No, it's better overall. Story is better, action is better, and pacing is better. I actually cared more about Hicks than any of the licey baldies or Jesus Ripley in 3 and 4 was an abortion.

'Nuff said...

27720001e2.jpg

Sooo...you've either outright never liked Camerons films or you just think he repeats himself too much? If the latter is the case wasn't Aliens only his 2nd major Hollywood film? Surely thats too early in his body of work to cite it as an example of the 'same juvenile pseudo-action sci-fi fluff'. If I can give an analogy of what I mean by that - John williams used to be my favourite composer because of all his classic scores of the late 70s through to the 90s - but now he no longer would be, despite that great body of work still being around, because all his more recent stuff is self-derivative and interchangeable and really bores me. However I'm not going back and re-evaluating his classics in a negative way now just because his recent stuff is crap. So which is it? Probably you've just never been really impressed with Cameron's stuff then?
nope.
No, it's better overall. Story is better, action is better, and pacing is better. I actually cared more about Hicks than any of the licey baldies or Jesus Ripley in 3 and 4 was an abortion.
it was better when it was Starship Troopers.

Hmm. Just have to disagree then. But I would call myself a Cameron fan so I have a bias.

T1 - fantastic
T2 - almost as good
Aliens - fantastic
The Abyss - pretty good
True Lies - very entertaining
Titanic - love it, not ashamed to say it
Avatar - very enjoyable, not life changing but a cool film

Back